Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Jenk540i
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have done decal replacement on a back box (TZ). I am considering doing a full cabinet replacement on another pin. I see sets for sale from several companies. Seems there might be different types of productions. What should I be looking for or can anyone recommend a place where they got the best decals?

#2 8 years ago

Post weekend bump?

#3 8 years ago

I always go with licensed versions of decals where possible, but sometimes that's not always the case if the decals aren't available or being produced.

Personally, I choose screened versions where possible, Next Gen if not.

In the end, it's always a personal decision, since YOU will be applying them (or hiring someone to do it for you)

Greg

#4 8 years ago

Recommendation, do a LOT of Pinside searches first. There is one vendor that is horrible at product and service who's name escapes me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stencils
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pimp-premium-cabinet-stencils-available-now

Pinball Pimp appears to be the front runner in the good vendor race..

#5 8 years ago

I think the OP is talking about decals, not stencils. As far as stencils go though, nobody can beat the PIMP.

#6 8 years ago

I second the advice to chose screen printed decals if available. I've used PPS decals on an Indiana Jones (screened) and on a Fish Tales (next Gen) and can speak to my experiences. Both games turned out well and look great, but there are differences.

The screen IJ decals look fantastic with rich colors, good resolution and a smooth glossy finish. The next gen decals have more of a matte finish that fails to give the colors the richness of the screened decals. On close inspection you will also find that the next ten decals don't have the same sharpness and resolution as the screen prints. The causes sharp edges to have a fuzzy resolution on fine details like lettering, but is not really noticeable on larger sections of art. The print on the next gen decals is pretty heavy, enough that you can feel raised edges of the ink much link layers on a screen printed surface.

Overall I prefer screen printed but would not hesitate to use the next gen if that was my only option.

#7 8 years ago

This is all very helpful. I will start searching to see what options are available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decal-purchase-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.