image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
050_(resized).jpg
034_(resized).jpg
033_(resized).jpg
032_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I'm not positive about this but I think that the wheels that have been attached to the bottom of the legs may have had something to do with this injury. I'm considered replacing the back panel, also thought about using a piece of angle iron to somehow join the two corners together but that doesn't leave room for the bolts does anyone have any ideas on this?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Yikes, that looks pretty nasty. I'll be watching this one to see how you tackle it. Wish I had some suggestions, but my woodworking skills are terrible. I'd end up with a bondo mess on that, no doubt.

#3 7 years ago

looks like a rat ate it! Replacing the whole panel might be the way to go..? SUre some of the cabinet restore guys will pipe in.

#4 7 years ago

Yes we would replace the panel. If you need it repaired for you just contact us at Little Shop of Games in Fruitland Park, Fl

#5 7 years ago

Remove the back, make a new one from PLYWOOD.

Bondo will not last on a repair that big, being a structural joint.

#6 7 years ago

Replacing that backpanel is not difficult. Lucky the damage wasn't focused on the side.

#7 7 years ago

I may tackle it by swapping it out for my laser cue cabinet. Anyone know if they're the same?

#9 7 years ago

you can easily make a replacement using the existing panel as a template...I did one for my pinbot in about an hour...
032_(resized).jpg032_(resized).jpg
033_(resized).jpg033_(resized).jpg
034_(resized).jpg034_(resized).jpg
050_(resized).jpg050_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

swapping it out for my laser cue cabinet

that sounds like more work

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

you can easily make a replacement using the existing panel as a template...I did one for my pinbot in about an hour...

Yep, a template bit on a router can duplicate that piece in seconds.

Here is how I used it on a SG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transgendering-a-sexy-girl-into-a-bally-vids-guide#post-2422741

#12 7 years ago

So does anyone agree about the wheels on the legs? Anyone ever seen that before? Successfully??

#13 7 years ago

Also. In regards to putting the firepower in the laser cue cabinet, it looks like it would be possible but there are some changes / modifications that would need to be done. To start with, I guess between firepower and laser cue, LC has its transformer I the head instead of the cabinet, so when I went to plug in the wires, some of the power connections were already plugged in!! So, I'm not sure what to do. I guess repair they're power cabinet, put it back together and find a board repair guy who loves system 7!!

#14 7 years ago

I would repair the damaged cabinet.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I would repair the damaged cabinet.

You know somebody, like your fatherinlaw, who has a tablesaw and a router.

As soon as you tell them it's for a pinball machine, they will force you to listen to their "pinball story", but in trade, they will help you make a new panel in only a few minutes.

#17 7 years ago

I have a friend who is a high end cabinet maker- he owed me a favor for helping him stop Three robbers from paddling off in my friends boat. Anyway,this is what he did for me:

#18 7 years ago

So finally tonight, I got paint to cover this. What's the adage? mask twice, paint thrice??

#19 7 years ago

Oh man,, you used EM prints for masking paper? Ouch.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

EM prints for masking paper

?!?!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

So finally tonight, I got paint to cover this. What's the adage? mask twice, paint thrice??

Prime once with highbuild primer, sand to remove woodgrain print through, then paint.

Mask whole cab to prevent overspray.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

I have a friend who is a high end cabinet maker- he owed me a favor for helping him stop Three robbers from paddling off in my friends boat. Anyway,this is what he did for me:

Looks like he did a great job!

#23 7 years ago

It's an easy fix and HD has 9 ply Russian Birch. Killz primer, cabinet color of choice and 4 new sliders....good to go.

IMG_20160510_183832_(resized).jpgIMG_20160510_183832_(resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

"Oh crap! Those were the last Humpty Dumpty Prints in the world!!"

Hahhahaha -- I work at a place with a blueprint printer. We throw away so much of that paper it's not funny. These particular prints were from when I had a Captain Fantastic, and you know how those prints will come as a PDF, but the plotter software doesn't want to print that to extents to a D size print, or at least without a lot of fiddling with margins and whatnot- So I had printed it about 10 times. Then, instead of throwing it out, I was using it for pin ideas and whatnot as you can see from the left panel on that first shot. Don't worry, no pristine pinball schematics were destroyed in the masking of this fine firepower machine!

When you post pics of your games and stuff, or things you are working on, you don't usually scan the background for incriminating objects, or other embarrassing things that might be caught on camera. At least I don't!!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

"
When you post pics of your games and stuff, or things you are working on, you don't usually scan the background for incriminating objects, or other embarrassing things that might be caught on camera. At least I don't!!

Thats the first thing I check when I post a photo...

#26 7 years ago

LOL good show then!

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thats the first thing I check when I post a photo...

I always slip pictures of my penis into reflections in photos.

0_(resized).jpg0_(resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I always slip pictures of my penis into photos.

Is Banger Jay your son? Do you still call him "Boy!"

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I always slip pictures of my penis into photos.

5 robot penises, ah ah ah!

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Tools
Pincoder Store

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-corner-destroyed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.