• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DH_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hello,

I just picked up a DH and once I figure out some minor tech issues, I'd like to work on the backbox. The game came without graphics for the backbox side art. Including the graphic used on the speaker panel.

I found some ok shots online - not the best really, but I worked with them. I did some Illustrator work and have the side art vectorized. Again, it's ok and it's still not exactly where I'd like it to be.

Just wondering if anyone out there has anything they've done, or know someone that might do this kind of work? I realize the licensing implications, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,
Mike

9 months later
#2 7 years ago

I'm still in the market for some cabinet decals for Dirty Harry. Specifically looking for header side art. I'd also be interested in the speaker panel cover if anyone has a line on that...

Again, I realize there's a licensing issue at play here, but maybe there are some folks out there willing to risk it for the sake of creativity! I won't tell anyone, I promise. Seriously, someone has got to be putting these things together -- if not, I might have to start!

Thanks for any information,
Mike

#3 7 years ago

Hi Mike,
Just get someone like TwilightZone to let you scan his cab and then stitch it together in photoshop. I can line up a printer for you.

#4 7 years ago

If you are willing to wait a week or two Ill scan my DH backbox with my HP Scanjet 4670 scanner.

2 weeks later
#5 7 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

If you are willing to wait a week or two Ill scan my DH backbox with my HP Scanjet 4670 scanner.

Cool! Any chance you can make that happen?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Hi Mike,
Just get someone like TwilightZone to let you scan his cab and then stitch it together in photoshop. I can line up a printer for you.

Thanks, yeah..I don't have a scanner. Maybe I could take a photo but I really would need to get the alignment/lighting right. I'm a graphic designer by profession so no problem with photoshop. Thanks for the offer to point me to a decent printer.

#7 7 years ago

Don't take photos they won't be to scale and you'll have a hard time matching the cab do to the vignette effect of the camera

#8 7 years ago

I think it's possible, but definitely easier with a scanner. The scaling wouldn't be an issue if you were square to the subject. You would need to be mindful of proportion, but it wouldn't be too bad. The vignette effect is more visible on some cameras than others (my 60d does a decent job), but is easily fixed in Photoshop or Lightroom. The real problem is the light / reflection. Even with a softbox and strobe it wouldn't be fun...Scanners are great because they minimize/remove all external light

#9 7 years ago

So rygar, what's the word? ..or am I going to be in need of a scanner soon...I guess I can start looking around for one

3 weeks later
#10 7 years ago
Quoted from miker_70:

So rygar, what's the word? ..or am I going to be in need of a scanner soon...I guess I can start looking around for one

Sorry, I was on three weeks vacation and did not check this thread. I will scan it this or the following week.

#11 7 years ago

Cheers! Whenever you can, greatly appreciate it

How was your vacation?

#12 7 years ago

Vacation was great, we had really good weather. I ll probably scan the backbox art next week. Do you also need a scan of the speaker panel cover? I have to make up for my DH purchasing price ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deal-of-the-week).

#13 7 years ago

DH_(resized).jpgDH_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cab-graphics-dh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.