Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

again-by-emily-gravett-500.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 8 years ago

I wish Nate would have asked them what they thought of Predator and Jpop. Put them on the spot rather than let them dance around with their egos and BS "facts". Would have been great to see what Jody had to say about his involvement with trying to take down these other botique pinball companies that supposedly mean nothing to his business model...

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

The vibe you give off on this forum is pretty poor. You invited Nate to a tournament and he's attending it / advertising it and you are criticizing him in this open forum for something so petty. If you think you can do a better job go ahead and email Jody your questions and post the replies on this forum. Better yet, go ahead and start your own podcast and put in the work/time nate has to gain trust with insiders to get them on your show and ask them whatever you want. I'm sure they'd come running back to be interviewed by you again. I'd love to meet you in person and hope one day so my view of your would change. On this forum, you use bad tact and horrible form.

I would never expect Nate to ask those questions nor do I think he would. Maybe you lack in reading comprehension or just completely missed the opening to what you quoted... "I WISH". In other words I think it would have been hilarious to see Jared and Jody squirm a little. Granted, that is not what Nate does and his podcast is great and fun listening. I do not think I have ever heard him take the hardline or grill anyone which is what makes his podcast so much fun! I still would have enjoyed hearing the reaction, but it would have been fluff and they would have side stepped the question. I was not criticizing Nate at all. I was criticizing the fluff talking points of those being interviewed.

Stern would have also shut down any future podcasts in short order if there were any tough questions. My desire to even have them put on the spot was due to some of the cringe worthy BS talking points that Jody was spewing and his condescending tone about all other manufacturers. We all know the reality that at this point both JJP and Spooky have taken dollars out of Sterns pocket and the better and more honest talking point that Jody should learn to tout is that they are thankful for the new competition in the industry and are happy to step up their game with more games per year, better and quicker code updates, more communication with the collectors, etc... Instead of talking about the positive he always takes the low road and wants to slap everyone else in the face. At the same time many of us know that he in particular is very concerned with other manufacturers and likes to take actions against them whenever possible.

From what Jared has told me and others, they were both involved with the actions to make things difficult for a few other pinball manufacturers in the past year. As a Stern employee he surely is not going to talk about that anymore but many here can confirm the claims.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

What "actions" are you talking about?

It is apperntly ban worthy if I talk in detail publicly about them. Feel free to PM if you want to discuss.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/c2c-wjody-jared-spoilers?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.