2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mattyk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“C Titles: POLL”

• Keep Maverick it’s the best 7 votes
      15%
    • Baywatch 12 votes
      26%
    • johnny mnemonic 14 votes
      30%
    • Flintstones 5 votes
      11%
    • Monopoly 2 votes
      4%
    • Wheel of Fortune 6 votes
      13%

(46 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Right now out of my 4 pin collection my C title is Maverick. I fucking love Maverick. But there will come a point that it will rotate out and I want to keep that spot for another good C title.

Here is the direction I’m thinking. Monopoly, wheel of fortune, Flintstones, Baywatch, or johnny mnemonic.

Please use the poll and offer any insight in the comments below to why one game sucks and shouldn’t be considered or vice versa. Also, I’m sure similar posts have been made in the past but I don’t want THEIR opinions, I want YOUR opinions. I haven’t played these titles before. TIA

#2 2 years ago

A lot of people like JM I haven’t played it enough.

Flintstones could be a B title on a good day.

#3 2 years ago

Of all the pins I've sold I miss BM66 and WOF the most.

WOF has the most unique strategy of any pin I've played. Even with the incompleted code.

#4 2 years ago

If you like Maverick, consider River Boat Gamble. Such a good and unique game.
    From your list, monopoly and wheel are the best bang for sure. Flintstones is great but not for the price they demand these days.

#5 2 years ago

Of your choices listed, I would select Baywatch as best of the group. It's a lot of fun to play. ColorDMD offers a terrific upgrade to the already nice oversize dot matrix display. Much like some who don't like Alec Baldwin's face on the Shadow translite, I wasn't fond of David Hasselhoff on Baywatch, but didn't like the available alternates with photoshopped images of Pamela Anderson. But I just purchased and installed a new comic art style translite which greatly improved the game's visual appeal to me.

This really is up to personal taste. My buddy has Johnny Mnemonic and loves it. He sold his White Water and his Indiana Jones but kept Johnny (partially because he could get more for those other games).

And my choice may not be the best for you, since I have played Maverick on location several times and each time come away knowing that it is a game I never want to own. And I don't "rotate out" games anyway.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Of all the pins I've sold I miss BM66 and WOF the most.
    WOF has the most unique strategy of any pin I've played. Even with the uncompleted code.

I heard the WOF had incomplete code. What does that actually mean in this case? Are some modes not coded?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Of your choices listed, I would select Baywatch as best of the group. It's a lot of fun to play. ColorDMD offers a terrific upgrade to the already nice oversize dot matrix display. Much like some who don't like Alec Baldwin's face on the Shadow translite, I wasn't fond of David Hasselhoff on Baywatch, but didn't like the available alternates with photoshopped images of Pamela Anderson. But I just purchased and installed a new comic art style translite which greatly improved the game's visual appeal to me.
    This really is up to personal taste. My buddy has Johnny Mnemonic and loves it. He sold his White Water and his Indiana Jones but kept Johnny (partially because he could get more for those other games).
    And my choice may not be the best for you, since I have played Maverick on location several times and each time come away knowing that it is a game I never want to own. And I don't "rotate out" games anyway.

I was initially leaning towards a Baywatch. You’re right the colordmd upgrade is amazing. The games layout is very intriguing and I heard Chads code is great

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

I heard the WOF had incomplete code. What does that actually mean in this case? Are some modes not coded?

There's a place on the playfield for wizard mode but no wizard mode was ever coded.

There is a "secret" code update that I had in mine, but it was mostly for tournaments.

#9 2 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic is NOT a C title!!
    I’m amazed it’s on the list. It’s a fantastic game. It’s definitely the low end of the A tier.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Johnny Mnemonic is NOT a C title!!
    I’m amazed it’s on the list. It’s a fantastic game. It’s definitely the low end of the A tier.

Really A tier? Not sure if I’d go that high but I would definitely give you a B tier. I like the fact you think so highly of it. I wish I had the chance to play it…maybe I’d categorize it as A tier myself

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/c-titles-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.