Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
past.jpg
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 11 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Many customers have asked me to start taking pre orders for Steve Ritchie's much anticipated next LE release expected in the Fall from Stern Pinball. So today I would like to officially announce we are now taking LE pre Orders.

Your deposit is 100% fully refundable anytime from now until 48 hours after official announcement from Stern and announcement of pricing from Game Exchange.. Which ever one comes last. Deposit is $1,000. The deposit will assure you our pre order price, and put you in line for fastest possible delivery.

JJ

#2 11 years ago

What's the game though?

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

What's the game though?

He states the deposit is refundable till 48 hours after the game is announced. The overwhelming speculation, with some hard evidence to back it up, says it is Star Trek.

#4 11 years ago

Better hope you are not on vacation when this thing is announed and the theme is actually "The Smurfs vs Care Bears" at a price of a billion kajillion dollars

Dr. Evil would laugh all the way to the bank $1000 at a time....

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Smurfs vs Care Bears"

I want one of those LOL

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Better hope you are not on vacation when this thing is announed and the theme is actually "The Smurfs vs Care Bears" at a price of a billion kajillion dollars

Oh, it would be funny if it was angry birds. JJ would have a lot of angry birds to contend with uf that was the case! Ha! I think we all know it is Star Trek though, we at least know Stern secured the rights based on the public information that has been released.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

I want one of those LOL

It would be funny if it was south park "Imagination Land" style. That would actually be a funny adult theme.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think we all know it is Star Trek

If I had the excess money I would put it down on SR/lyman Star Trek!!!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Ha Ive had customers tell me I will be out of town from X-Y before and I just tell them call me when you get back and I will take care of you.. I Really don't want anyone to buy a Smurfs Vs. Care Bears Pin =)

#10 11 years ago

And is there any advantage in paying now, rather than in the 48 hours after it is announced?

#11 11 years ago

What's the game though?

We All think we know.. But as I said I know nothing more then you guys do.. Even if I did, I wouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

Keep those Emails and Pm's Coming. If you want to speed up the Process Include your Full name, Address, Phone and Email in the pm and I will just send you a copy of your order back =)

JJ

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

And is there any advantage in paying now, rather than in the 48 hours after it is announced?

As Stated. Faster Shipping because you will be at the top of the list.. and many people have told me they are worried this one will sell out of LE's before its announced, that's why I opened the pre order window. I actually had two customers tell me to open the pre orders or they would go else where because others were taking deposits already and they wanted to be able to have one on order from somewhere.

#13 11 years ago

What about Borgs Game? Guess Ritchie is getting all the love...

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

The Borg will be one variation of the LE's.

LTG : )

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I could take Pre order on that one too if other wanted.. Just Many customers asked me for SR next game.

#16 11 years ago

So this would mean that Metallica is spring then.

#17 11 years ago

So that means Star Trek is in the Fall ?

#18 11 years ago

I would take you up on it, JJ but I just put down a deposit on JJP #3

(really want to, one more NIB pin and I think I get a permanent bed on the couch...which IS closer to the game room)

#19 11 years ago

someone with inside info said not Metallica, but Iron Maiden is on the cards

#20 11 years ago

Ill be passing on nib for some time till stern decides to fix the games they pumped out way too fast. Even though these 2 get it right I think I'm good on new in box for a while.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

JJ but I just put down a deposit on JJP #3

Thank you for changing your avatar.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

So that means Star Trek is in the Fall ?

Thats What the Rumor's are, but this in no way shape or form is conformation of that!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Thank you for changing your Avatar.

Back from the dead!

And thanks for acknowledging my

#24 11 years ago

This is a super opportunity that JJ is offering. I was at Game Exchange this morning and gladly gave him the deposit funds. Now I don't have to worry about mysterious announcement timing, I know that I'll have one of the first machines around, and he'll ultimately charge me the lowest available price.

JJ wouldn't do this if he wasn't confident that there was a very good chance that this next machine will be a runaway hit, and this offer gives him a fair way to distribute something that is likely to be in ridiculous demand. Like; sold out fast.

Because his track record of customer attention, service, and support are unparalleled, this was a no-brainer for me. Join in the fun!

#25 11 years ago

JJ, I am a committed costumer to you and Stern and will buy one and from you. I just can't support this pre order thing. I know you have to if people say they will go elsewhere . No les have sold out though. If they do so then I pray for a premium.
You have my sale once we are there and we see the game. I for one will not strong arm you in to JJP practices.

#26 11 years ago

So this would mean that Metallica is spring then.

I've been saying

Quoted from LTG:The Borg will be one variation of the LE's.

?????) Just wondering why pre ordering is going to skip a pin. Borgs design will be ahead of Ritchie's from what I've been told. I know Stevie is the man but i like Borgs work alot too.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I know Stevie is the man but i like Borgs work alot too.

Seriously, you like what the Borg did to the Federation ?

Resistance is futile.

#28 11 years ago

Quit being goofy.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Quit being goofy.

correction, if Loyd was a Disney character, he would be Gus Goose

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

JJ, I am a committed costumer to you and Stern and will buy one and from you. I just can't support this pre order thing. I know you have to if people say they will go elsewhere . No les have sold out though. If they do so then I pray for a premium.
You have my sale once we are there and we see the game. I for one will not strong arm you in to JJP practices.

Thanks for saying what I know many of us are thinking.

#31 11 years ago

JJ,

How will you deal with different LE variants, if there are any? Just playing devils advocate but what if you get more pre-orders than Stern will allocate to you, or not enough of the variant that your pre-order customers want?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

JJ,
How will you deal with different LE variants, if there are any? Just playing devils advocate but what if you get more pre-orders than Stern will allocate to you, or not enough of the variant that your pre-order customers want?

I Had the Largest Allocation in the USA on Avengers 40/40 so I'm not to worried on that. If I get Above 25 or so Pre Orders I will Start to worth that issue through, Might even try and work with Stern to put in a pre order with them if they will take it.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from MrMoose:

... there was a very good chance that this next machine will be a runaway hit, and this offer gives him a fair way to distribute something that is likely to be in ridiculous demand. Like; sold out fast.
Because his track record of customer attention, service, and support are unparalleled, this was a no-brainer for me. Join in the fun!

Every time I hear how awesome a pin is supposed to be, I think back a fews years ago to the huge hype on RGP about... Batman Dark Knight. Oh, geez, reading all the buzz was funny. Then the pin came out and it did not live up to its billing. Anyone else remember this?

I hope Star Trek is a home run for Stern but you never know.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Every time I hear how awesome a pin is supposed to be, I think back a fews years ago to the huge hype on RGP about... Batman Dark Knight. Oh, geez, reading all the buzz was funny. Then the pin came out and it did not live up to its billing. Anyone else remember this?

I hope Star Trek is a home run for Stern but you never know.

Wasn't that pre the investors and getting Steve Ritchie back etc. etc. ?

#35 11 years ago

Wonder if that's going to happen with WOZ.
Lotta huge expectations on that one.

#36 11 years ago

Yea the refund date is too soon. The game could be announced but no playfield shots or info and that's not enough time to cancel. It would have to allow for 48 hours after game is announced and game info is available with screenshots or video.

#37 11 years ago

And people think those preordering The Hobbit are nuts! At least the theme's guaranteed on that one!

#38 11 years ago

The chances of Ritchie/Lyman creating a dud are close to nil. I'm pretty sure I'll be in on this one as my first LE. I just need to sell this kidney...

#39 11 years ago

You could say the same thing about Ritchie and Keefer. And then you get WPT. past.jpgpast.jpg

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

You could say the same thing about Ritchie and Keefer. And then you get WPT.

...which is a good game! Forget "common knowledge" and its backglass artwork and give it another try: you may actually enjoy it!
(soon at home so I have a horse in that race. Could not refuse the deal given the price)

#42 11 years ago

Oh, I know it's nowhere near as bad as the general impression, and may even be good.

But it still ranks 167th here on Pinside, so I doubt that someone expecting a killer game from the "dream team" would be happy if they got something similar to WPT, but Ritchie did that recently with another dream team so he could very well do it again!

Considering I have TH on preorder I'm not one to complain about other people who want to preorder, and if it actually is Star Trek I will be interested in this title too... but there's no way I would go with a 48-hour cancellation clause without some sort of guarantee of seeing detailed playfield photos. But that's just me.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

You could say the same thing about Ritchie and Keefer. And then you get WPT.

That's a good game, just a real bad theme.

#44 11 years ago

JJP TH preorder without WOZ delivery?
Now Stern distributors gobbling up payments on mystery titles yet to even be announced, nevermind pf layout or rules, just title speculation?
This is fu**ing stupid. Yeah, good luck on your LE sell outs. I'm out on the 'buy it now!' Infomercial selling practices, especially after the last three disappointments.
My money goes back into B/W titles or proven Sterns. No more NIB til rules on other games are finished and we can at least see some product on upcoming purchases. Morons who buy the sight unseen LE's under these conditions are only hurting the hobby now.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I would take you up on it, JJ but I just put down a deposit on JJP #3
(really want to, one more NIB pin and I think I get a permanent bed on the couch...which IS closer to the game room)

I might have been sleeping. What was announced after JJP #2 Hobbit? I missed #3?

Mk

#46 11 years ago

I feel this thread is kind of silly. When this pin is announced and an image of it is shown and the features listed, if I want one ill buy one. I order my games from GEX. I'm sure he will sell me one. There will be no problem getting one of these. There's no way they will be sold out before they are even announced. Come on. And if GEX can't get me one someone else will. Keep your money and buy worry free when the product is out. Preorder when it's actually announced.

#47 11 years ago

Ritchie and Keefer absofrickinlutely rang the bell with WPT--the best use of real estate on a pin since the Shadow, but with better rules. They suffered from a theme many consider lame, and an art package all agree was lame. Brian Rood hasn't been hanging around the Stern factory of late, and we know what the theme is. Ritchie & Lyman are 2 for 2: Spidey and ACDC. Nuff said.

#48 11 years ago

24 was the Steve + Lyman combo between Spider-Man and acdc. Though I like 24 a lot, many don't consider it a win.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It would be funny if it was South Park "Imagination Land" style. That would actually be a funny adult theme.

Nice! My vote would be for Woodland Critter Christmas...

#50 11 years ago

I think we all know that this Star Trek will be in high demand which is why I don't worry, my guess is this model will definitely get a premium version and I would rather wait until they work out the bugs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-popular-request-pre-order-for-steve-ritchies-next-le-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.