Party Zone1.JPG
DSCN2189.JPG
DSCN2192.JPG
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
20131130_113342.jpg
20131130_113430.jpg
20131211_204007.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from paratrooper:

Just got done installing my Rock Custom Pinball Under Cabinet LED LIght kit for my TRON and all I can say is WOW!

Thank you I really appreciate the feedback on my kit's so very few have actually installed them yet.

Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Does it work with Tron Pro and how much is it? Thanks!

It does work with tron pro. I just started a website so please try to order through that we will see how it goes.
www.rockcustompinball.com
I am not full prepped to sell led's so you will not be able to order any atm.

Quoted from dannunz:

Arcade upkeep also has a kit that interacts with gameplay.

Thanks I just checked out these kits looks like they have done 2 kits and want $175 ea or a DIY kit for $155. I am charging $80-$100 for a complete plug and play kit that will take you at most 15min to Install. I'm sure their kits work wonderfully and is good quality. I am trying to provide a great product at a reasonable price. Buy theirs and mine and report back on the quality and ease of install. If you don't like mine compared to theirs send mine back to me for a full refund. You will see the difference.

Thanks,
Rock

#9 10 years ago

Lots of idea's but time is limited unfortunately. Thanks to everyone trying out my kits, I am glad you guy's are enjoying them. I am testing several new kits today so I may have new video's to post later. Please if you want a kit order from my site. Most of my items are not available yet but my kits are. I am still creating my site it will be a few weeks before it's complete.

Thanks,
Rock
http://www.rockcustompinball.com

#29 10 years ago

Wow thanks everyone! I just got back from creating a bunch of new kits. I would like to thank Pete and Julie for letting me do some testing on their amazing collection.

Quoted from RonB:

Would love to see The Shadow in action!

I made some video's and I will try to get them posted. I dont know if I have Shadow or not as my camera died. I can tell you Shadow turned out very nice lots of Purple, Red, Green, and Blue. I will have my new video's posted sometime in the morning.

Just checked my orders looks like I will be busy tomorrow, thanks for the support.

The best way to order is through my website I will post my new kits tomorrow. My site isnt 100 percent yet but undercad orders can be placed. I will say when I put my led's up try the 4-smd they are amazing. I do not plan on listing a crap ton of different led's just some good ones at a reasonable price.

-Rock

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

OR Stern STLE

If you want this kit Pm me I will let you know how we can proceed.

#32 10 years ago

Posting some video's now if you subscribe to my youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballled

more coming.

MN-Flipper - I told you I would sell you a test kit and I will hold true to that even though I am fully Tested. If I give my word I don't go back. This is yours for the test price and thank you for the willingness to take a chance on one of my test kits.

Future test kits will be at a little discount and A $20.00 refund will be given once a video is supplied to me in a windows movie maker form. For those of you testing now our original deals are in place as agreed upon.

Thanks,
Rock

#36 10 years ago

Wow, Earthshaker! I actually redesigned it. I will list it in the next week. Thank you for reminding me. I should add TFTC as well.

Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I just want to make our prices clear. The kits we have for $175 are our deluxe under cabinet kits which interact with both the regular flashers in the game and the games GI adding both under the game. Our flasher only kits are mostly $75. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear before, I'll try to fix it. Other than that, nice job and great looking kits!
Thanks,
Arcade Upkeep

Thanks bud, I checked out your stuff looks good. I stayed away from the Gi because it interferes with the light show too much, color blends and appears white or weird yellow/greens. I am going to be testing an opto interrupter to cut power to the gi when the flashers go off, but this will be an expensive option as i'm sure you already explored. I am more than likely staying away from the DIY kits as most do not have the skill level or time to install, I know it seems easy to you and I but it is a problem for others. Plug and play all the way for me!

Keep it up.

Rock

#40 10 years ago

Nice I just realized on my site I am selling at my holiday pricing!!! I was not ready for my site to be announced but it's ok all your orders will be filled today.

My everyday price is $90.00 for most kits this is the price most of you have paid before .
My new simple kits are $75.00 (for those of you who have ordered from my website if you would like the simple kit instead I will refund you $15.00) your choice. Just send me an email through my site.

Been working on a simplified version of this kit. Just completed testing and the results are:

Simple kit:

-Produces the same light show
-Is easier to install believe it or not!
-Throws almost the same amount of light using about 2/3 of the led's (the difference is not that noticeable)
-This I can produce cheaper
-I am now switching to this on my machines
-This kit is not lift safe like my regular kit. You will need to remove to use a lift but it removes in 30 seconds and reinstalls in about 2 minutes.

I am producing these for you as inexpensively as possible and I am trying to keep it that way. If i find a better way to reduce cost while producing the same high quality show, I will. The savings will be passed directly to you not my pocket.

Listing new kits now LOTR, SM, IM, AFM, TOM,
Test kits for FH, TOTAN, and some others are available pm me for details

Thanks,
Rock

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

So these kits are not interchangeable? Meaning one Bally to another?
I couldn't find any info posted by you as to what all is in the kit. Is there a connector that interfaces with the flasher circuit, or do you tap into the wiring harness?
Thanks!

These kits are not interchangeable- I work very hard to produce the right show for each title they are unique to that title and in no way could you plug say an Medieval Madness Kit into a Twilight Zone and have it even work. There would also be risk to your boards. If you want a title I do not offer I will make it for you as a test kit and refund you $20.00 once a good useable video is supplied to me. Only 1 test kit is available per machine I do not have designed or tested.

I connect directly to the boards so it is a ultra easy install you only have to remove the backglass and speaker panel. The playfield glass never comes off!!! I designed this so my 12 year old daughter could install in 15 min. I kid you not it is very easy it's ridiculous others can comment on that.

Thanks,
Rock

#45 10 years ago

They are being listed now. They should be up within the hour. In my opinion these are the way to go if your machines do not move around often with lifts. I am putting the simplified version on my machines that do not currently have kits installed. I did one next to my TZ and the difference to me is very minimal. But once you guys get the simple kits you can judge for yourself and let others know. Many of you have already installed kits so I recommend trying a simple kit these may be well worth the savings but that is up to you.

Thanks,
Rock

#46 10 years ago

Simple kits are up. If I told you I would invoice and haven't yet please email me. Sorry but it's been a little hectic today.

Thanks,
Rock

#49 10 years ago

Looks like they have good stuff too. I only seen the 2 kits but I didn't look hard. If you get mine and have their's report the differences for everyone and which is more appealing to you an why. I would refrain from putting down anyone's work, their's or mine. I am sure they work just as hard on their kits as I do on mine. I know mine are great, but I cannot comment on theirs as I have not seen or installed one. Either way it is a value at the current prices for what it does for these machines. With more knowledge people can get the kit that best suits their needs lets keep up the good information and be open and honest.

Thanks,
Rock

#50 10 years ago

ST and STLE will be coming soon!! This is being made possible due to the efforts of luckymoey. Thank you for going through the trouble of helping me with this one. I hope others appreciate it as well.

Rock
Www.Rockcustompinball.com

#52 10 years ago

I send the kits out with double sided tape. On mine I have some using the tape and others using hot glue. The thing is I do not want to damage a pin in any way so I have gone this route. Its not perfect but it works well for everyone and that is where my focus is. I have tried many differnt ways and they all just add to the cost with little additional benefit and in most cases a harder install.

So my current set up is easy, works well, and inexpensive. If any of you who have installed please let me know if there are any issues. I have had some in the past but none since the new design as of last month. I am getting nothing but great positive feedback so far so I see no issues going forward.

#55 10 years ago

Once I actually get my website 100 percent. This is all a little premature but ok. I need to nail down my prices and build my inventory. A discount to pinsiders will be added.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I ordered a Shadow kit last night. It was $80, so I'm not sure if it's the simple kit or full kit. Either way, I'm looking very forward to checking it out.

That is the full kit. If you want a simple kit I will refund you $15.00 just let me know. I need to rename the simple kit any idea's.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My concerns with these kits are that I take my machines to shows and charity events once or twice a year.
I'd need a kit which can quickly be installed / removed when transporting; given they can't be under the machine when I put the lift table under it for leg removal / trailer loading.
Those that have installed these kits; do you take your machines off location?

I have been told it works with lifts if just a little care is taken. Pics for you to decide.

20131130_113430.jpg20131130_113430.jpg
20131130_113342.jpg20131130_113342.jpg

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Can this be customized so that only certain colors are used?I think for LOTR the rainbow of colors doesn't go good, but would be cool if it was only orange, yellow and red like fire. I'd get it for sure then.

Anything can be done! It cannot be done quickly or easily. You are talking about a custom job and those can get costly i am afraid to say.

#67 10 years ago

I will have it designed by Tuesday. It will then be sent to my tester approved and listed shortly.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:I'd love to have one for Star Trek Pro they look great.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I really want one of these kits, they look really well integrated. I've always stayed away from undercab lights as they just didn't feel like part of machine to me.I agree with this though, I'd buy one if it didn't have so much color out of place. Was really expecting a pulsing red, or at least more red orange yellow. There isn't a single blue light in the game is there?

I have a deal for you and you alone. Buy my kit, install it. Try it out for a week and if you are not glad you bought it ship it back to me for a full refund. I will also pre purchase the postage for you to send it back to me. In return I want your feedback on this forum open and honest. If its not for you no big deal let everyone know! Make sure you leave a note with your purchase.

Rock

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

lol, quite a salesman.... but no thanks. I'll be in for a STTNG and a TSPP for sure, but just my opinion blue doesn't belong in LOTR... Its the only pin I won't LED either.And I'm not bashing, I think it is the best I've seen, all of them. I usually HATE threads like these that call something the best...Also, from what I see, I would REALLY like to see you put out some backbox kits. There are some really good ones available but they are too expensive imo.

Maybe a good salesman but more that is I believe in my products. I am confident that if you tried it you would love it and it would all make sense. You make some good points but there is more to it than make this one orange that one blue. The kit needs to work and jive with all the modes and this is the tricky part. Keep up the ideas constructive criticism is helpful.

Rock

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

If You have an idea for protecting And Mounting the leds for heavy route And rental use that would be awesome. Prehaps the leds can be enclosed in a plástic tube. Thanks And Will be buying regardless.

I will be working on this. Once I have a on route kit I will let you know. I will need to send it to an operator for testing.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I'd be in for one for a metallica, if you need a tester let me know!

Thanks for the offer. I am doing a mettalica install Saturday or Sunday so that kit will be complete and made available. I will have 5-10 of the Mettalica for sale on Sunday/Monday.

#89 10 years ago

STLE on its way to the tester! I expedited shipping so he would have it by this weekend.

-Rock

#90 10 years ago

My Dm tester has reported a success. I have seen just a short video it looks good. I cant say this will be available until I see a full video but it looks good initially.

Rock

#95 10 years ago

I will make a video soon. Please do not order if you are unsure in anyway until the video is posted.

Thanks
Rock

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Rock, I'm definetly going to be in for an LOTR, but waiting on your ACDC version as well. Shipping to Canada is a f'n killer!! Great work bud!! Any idea when ACDC will be ready to go??

Thank you sir.

AC/DC will be available in 2 weeks or less. I would suggest waiting until then before you order. Shipping to Canada is $8.00-$12.00 depending. On my site I have a $15.00 shipping to Canada but the difference will be refunded so no worries.

Going over some test kit videos tonight I will let you know the results. It may be tomorrow morning before I post. The Shadow video will be up as well

Thanks,
Rock

#108 10 years ago

Demoliton Man And The Shadow test Videos. Shadow is a little crazy shot during a multi-ball sequence. Thought's and opinions welcome.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

There is a bayonet and wedge LED in the bag. Not sure what those were for.

Those are just a sample of the led's I am having manufactured and will be selling. I will work on the instructions thanks for your feedback I appreciate it. I am glad you enjoy your kit.

Rock

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Oh, one more question. Is yellow a doable color? Noticed with Sandman it flashes green. Didn't see any yellow, but The Shadow video has yellow.

It is doable but it adds to cost and takes away from this being lift safe, it also changes the installation.

Rock

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Rock. Thanks for all your help. I didn't realize the adhesive strips you included in the package was for the actual LED strip. Add that in future instructions. I'm up and running now and no longer disappointed. LOL Posted a pic of the lights on my FB page and my friends are digging it. As am I.

I'm happy it was a quick and easy fix. I do need to make my instructions a little more clear. All the feedback really helps the future of this kit.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I don't see a way to buy the DM kit. Looks awesome in the video and it's like my favorite game. Maybe I'm just having trouble on my phone.

No your Phone is fine. The test on DM was great but there is still a little more work I need to do before I make this available Paratrooper is my tester on this and from talking with him and all the video's he sent me this looks to be a great kit. I will post when this is available.

#120 10 years ago

I made a real quick install video. I will make a better one later I promise. I had a few machines to test. Thanks to Ben and Erin for all there help as well as Jim for his testing and feedback efforts. can you tell i'm a little nervous?

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Rock's hat is awesome.

That is a vintage Fedora from the 20's my friend. I love my hat!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

The only way that could be easier to install is by having someone else do it for you. If I may suggest... a wireless mic. for you to wear would help tremendously with what your saying to be understood.

I keep saying it is very easy no one believes me until they put it on. I have issues with my instructions and other minor things on my end but I hope this help's.

Rock
I am actually on FB now check me out some additional info here. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Custom-Pinball/431624206967344

#128 10 years ago

New video's are posted. Almost complete are ST and STLE, AC/DC, Metallica, CV. Video's are posted on my youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballled Here is the AC/DC and the STLE

Thanks
Rock

#129 10 years ago

AC/DC video. This kit will be posted to my site after testing is finnished

Rock

#130 10 years ago

TOM listed thanks for bringing that to my attention.. TOTAN sorry no video as of yet.

Rock

#133 10 years ago

I hope this weekend. I am a waiting on a very trusted testers approval.

Rock

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Great work, any chance of UK postage?

Ill calculate an add it to my site tonight.

#145 10 years ago

AC/DC kit ready to go and is up on our site now. Video is up on youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballled

Thanks
Chris

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Any plans to adapt your kits to drive the speaker LED kits as well? Like you have on your ACDC in the video?

We are fine tuning designs currently but yes we will be making these available. Playing with some interactive elements as well. Many things are in the works it just needs some time we want to make sure it's to our liking before we introduce anything.

Thanks,
Chris

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

As promised Rock. Order placed for LOTR and AC/DC. Looking forward to them!!

Thanks! Lotr will throw a cool little show in attract mode. I haven't seen it but I hear its pretty cool.

Rock

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Looks good.I really think Cointaker did a great job on my RBION. Backbox kit and under cab lighting effects. I did not think this would add to the game at all. Now that I have a machine with it I stand corrected.

Oh it adds a lot to the game. I just am not a fan of cointakers kit just because they want you to solder or twist to whatever flasher or insert you want. This type of install is why we create the lightshow for each machine and send it to you plug and play, you don't even take off the glass. Xaver and I spend a lot of time figuring out the best lightshow for each title. This is all provided for less than most other kits that make you work at the install. Dont get me wrong cointakers kit is great but you are the one doing the work and design as far as I can tell.

Rock

#155 10 years ago

We have Taf now the others soon but my shipping is $2.50 so easy to try 1 before you get all 3. I know you will be back.
Thanks
Rock

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Any plans to adapt your kits to drive the speaker LED kits as well? Like you have on your ACDC in the video?

We are now working with the original speaker light seller to adapt our connections to interact with there speaker lights. Doing this just makes more sense as opposed to us providing speaker light kits ourselves. This way we can save you guys a lot of money by being compatible with every kit that they have already sold! We are focused on you guys and your wallets not ours. We are both testing and this should be coming soon im guessing about 2 weeks.

Thanks
Rock

#166 10 years ago

I have a kit for this I am just not a fan of it. If I dont love the kit I do not put it on my site sorry.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This should work out to be a nice agreement for all parties involved, PinballToppers.com, Rockcustompinball.com and the people who buy products from both.If things work out as planned, a speaker light kit from Pinball Toppers can still work normally, just as they always have, as a remote controlled stand alone mod. The under-cabinet kits from Rock Custom Pinball will also work as they are intended, as a stand alone interactive under-cabinet light kit.BUT...if you have them both, you will be able to hook them together so they are both lit the same and both interactive with the games lighting. Having them work together or having them work independently of each other is up to the user and can be changed easy at any time.

I agree. As for my part as soon as everything is worked out I will make it so everyone who has already purchased a kit from me will have the option to get a compatible adapter from me so if they have pinball toppers light kits they to can chose to have them interactive. I will be starting a new thread when it is all worked out and ready to go.

#171 10 years ago

Testers needed for FG, STTNG and FT Pm me for details if interested.

Thanks,
Rock

#172 10 years ago

FG tester found! Thanks Mark for helping bring this kit to everyone.

#174 10 years ago

STTNG tester locked up.

Quoted from pinballplusMN:Rock, must say great work. I will be ordering more soon. Found some clear flat tubing to mount to the cab to protect leds from abuse on route.

Happy you found a way to protect this on route. Can you please send me some info on your solution?

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

GLWS
I did not have to install the kit so I was only speaking off of first hand experience of end result.
Plug and play always wins in this game. IMO

Yep Plug and Play is the only way to go. That's how we do it.

#175 10 years ago

Hey guys sorry I have been busy. I installed a few new kits today and they turned out great. So new kits---

Cactus Canyon
STTNG
FH
White Water

Other new kits
Star Trek
Metalica
AC/DC
Jack*Bot

I will update my site this weekend
Thanks
Rock

#180 10 years ago

Stle is available. Also to clarify, my standard kit runs leds down the back and it wraps 3 sides of the cabinet using soldered connections to make perfect 90 degree turns. My basic kit is a single strip as mentioned above. I am very pleased you find my kit superior to the CT kit. I can do a diy kit easy enough just let me know if you would prefer that.

Sounds like several of you are installing today if you guys need anything let me know I will be available most of the day.

I will also try to list my new kits today I think I have about 20 ready to go that is unlisted.

Thanks
Rock

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Can't find the stle standard kit on your website.

Its not on there. But that doesnt mean its not available. I found some time finally so I will update my site. Sorry but you guys have kept me busy and I thank you.

Rock

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

LOVE my kits--have them on TRON, ACDC and STLE.

Outstanding! I thought I sent you a BOP as well?? If I did that is a really cool kit especially when you get it into opera mode. there you see how well the kit is designed the show is quite while she is coming alive and then kicks into overdrive. check it out start video at 35 seconds you will see what I mean.

#185 10 years ago

Website Updated!!

New kits Added
-AFM
-ST, STLE
-TSPP
-White Water
-Cactus Canyon
-Funhouse
-Jack*Bot
-STTNG
-Sopranos
-Demolition Man

Thanks,
Rock

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Woah, POTC looks sweet!

Thanks! You interested??

Quoted from stevenson888:

I'm gonna have to invest in a POTC, love the machine and then I can install this kit!
Looks sweet - Thanks for the video aalucero!

I will post Allucero's video on my site soon thanks again bud. This kit is still under review as soon as I check it over and make sure its is performing the way I want I will make it available. I am glad you like it. First glance it seems to be solid. I hope to have word from my FG and SS testers today or tomorrow.

#193 10 years ago

Thanks BigBoss. The interactive speaker lights will be available soon, you still need to buy pinball toppers light kit. I am making a harness to make them interactive. I hope to post some new video's tonight of my new kit releases we shall see. Very happy you enjoy your kit's.

Rock

#201 10 years ago

Ok FG and Scared Stiff are now approved thanks Ted and Mark for your effort's. Mark is now taking on WCS so that should be available next week if it is approved.
Remember if it is a linked game I have a kit for it.

Thanks,
Rock

#204 10 years ago

Transformers Video starring Mrs. Rock

#206 10 years ago

For those of you who ordered a STTNG kit follow the number on the harness as opposed to the plug the directions indicate. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Dan.

Rock

#217 10 years ago

Its on there the star trek kit works for Le, pro, premium. The same plumbing is there for all but some features removed. My kit works the same on the Pro as the Le For sure. That said it would almosy have to be the same on the premium maybe someone else can confirm.
Guys orders are shipped from this weekend I upgraded a lot of orders due to presidents day. You all should have them for this weekend aside from my international guys. It has taken on average 10-14 days overseas.
Thanks for your continued support especially all you returning customers.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

You may be taking advantage of this already, but the TRON LE has the RGB signals for the ramps available as does anyone with one of my ramp kits installed in their PRO...

No I am not using those because it would only work for an LE. As you know this can easily be done with the LE.

Your wire kit is impressive but I have not seen it in person so I cannot determine a plug and play connection point. Piggybacking off your mod I would need your approval as well.

#221 10 years ago

Hey thanks Mark I have an easy disconnect outside the cab so this should not be an issue. Dont want the neighbor's to think you and the wife are fighting with light sabers or anything. Hope that helps

#224 10 years ago

There is more to it than that. Depending on the game I tie into flashers, Motors, controlled inserts, ect... Do you guy's want me to provide a cheaper diy kit?? I have no problem with that as my easiest standard kit has over 50 solder connections I have to make.

#227 10 years ago

Dude the mail is not running their?? I sent that kit out a while ago didn't I?? Whats tracking say stuck in snow?
Thanks for the kind words Mark funny most of my business right now are repeat customers like you. I am actually looking forward to a slow down lol, you guy's are addicted like me!

#234 10 years ago

I think I do, I will try to find it and who tested it later on. I will post if I find it.

#235 10 years ago

Ok, here is the family guy video. My tester sent me two unfortunately I could not upload the good video.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Got the AFM and AC/DC. Put them on... WOW... just... WOW!
Yes, FG is next!

Awesome. I sent out a few more test kits so I should be adding more machines here soon I hope.

Quoted from Disloid:

Lol, ok thx. Although I'd need to get a wife and some light sabers first

Get the light sabers before the wife, you can thank me later.

#240 10 years ago

Matt, doing your entire collection in one shot? Nice collection by the way. Thanks for ordering. I looked you up, looks like you are new to pinside so welcome.

#256 10 years ago

Man life would be good if that was all my kit was. Maybe others will enlighten you.

#261 10 years ago

Thanks Guy's for the kind words.

Several new kits should come available this week, some of them are Avengers, X-man, Stern Indiana Jones, BDK, DE star wars, JP, WWF, Roller coaster Tycoon, Fish Tales, WCS94, FG, HS2, Wh20

Some of these I am still waiting in testers but they have been designed and sent out most have been installed. Also my website provider is having issues today I hope they get it sorted soon.

Thanks
Chris
Rock Custom Pinball

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if this has been addressed, but does the ACDC kit work with the Pro?

Yes I will update my site so that is more clear. Thanks

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Which speaker lights are you referring to please?

I take requests and this was one of them. I actually build a harness for pinball toppers light kits we will be listing these soon. I am not producing my own speaker lights as an already great product exists. However I do make them for wms/bally since pinball toppers do not make them for those machines. It will be awile before I begin to produce these you guys keep me busy enough with the undercab stuff. Thanks for all the support.

Chris

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Any vid for TSPP yet Chris?

I talked with my tester not long ago. He is trying his best to get a video tonight. We will see I will post it after I get it up on youtube.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I bought 6 kits from Chris (CFTBL, FT, TZ, TOM, CV, WH2O). We all know this is the best undercabinet lighting mod out there. Chris has fantastic personal service, lightening fast communication, great instructions and fast delivery. KUDOS!

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I recently added the interactive speaker lights on my LOTR LE. Have to say they add a lot to the game in conjunction with the undercabinet lighting. Super job Chris!!

Thanks guy's.

Bigboss- Still no word on TSPP

I hope a few videos come my way today but we shall see. If anyone knows a good way for people to send me video's please let me know that is most of the hangup.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

After my earlier criticism... consider me a convert

This is great to hear.

Thank you for your criticism and actually taking the leap and trying a kit for yourself. Our kit's get better through your feedback. If there is an improvement we can make trust me we will make it.

Wanted to let you guy's know RCP is a 2 man team myself and Xaver. Xaver handles all that I cannot and has been working on some cool new things that we hope to release in the near future once we are 100% satisfied.

#285 10 years ago

Some of you have been asking for a while now about speaker lights. We are getting closer to a finished product. You can see them in action on this thread http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-custom-pinball-speaker-light-sneak-peek-and-gauging-interest

#287 10 years ago

Thanks Bud, I am actually working on HS2, my test kit didn't go the way I wanted it to so back to design and machine test.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

That is awesome. Would make a great decal or poster.

Yes this was designed by John in Colorado. He actually sells this decal on ebay its called pinballer. He was nice enough to let us use it for a shirt and we altered it a bit but came out very nice I think. Wait don't you do graphics work? I may have a project for you...

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from fly:

I would like to ask what is in the kit? (90$)

What you see in the package i send my kit in is - constructed led's, A plug and play wiring harness, some decent instructions. What you don't see is my service.

Quoted from pmWolf:

The prettiest lights ever.
...And a hassle-free connector.
...and lots and lots of research done by one of the nicest pinsiders out there.

Well said LOL. Thanks Buddy! how many kit's are you up to now?

Sorry for the lack of updates recently I have been doing a few custom project's one of which I am very excited about. This has consumed much of my free time. I have some new designs but nothing will be posted on my site for a few day's. If I have missed one of your pm's or email's please let me know.

1 week later
#296 9 years ago

Someone had asked for this TFTC video. Finally got it up on Youtube, sorry for the delay.

1 week later
#297 9 years ago

New Kit - Who Dunnit! Sorry no video at this time but same deal applies. If I do not have a video for my kit and you provide me one I will give you $20.00 for your trouble.

Thanks,
Chris

#299 9 years ago

Pinball Decals announced an under-cab kit. Here is a link http://pinballdecals.com/OptifluxCabinetSurroundFlashKitsPage.html
Looks like they put some time and effort into this.

#301 9 years ago

Wires under the cab are a very bad thing especially for people with cats. But they put a ton of thought and effort into it so it is pretty cool to me. I just don't know if this is a diy meaning you need to create the right fit for the light show, or if they have done it. Either way a well thought out and solid effort and seeing what they have going on the price is not out of line. I like the fact that they took the back of the machine into consideration as I did.

Very happy you enjoy these kits but mine may not be right for everyone. I believe even you once questioned my show design.

Quoted from Manic:

I like their pricing on the little cars for CFTBL. $130 for all the wrong colors... want the pink and white one? It's mysteriously DOUBLE the price

That's not cool.

#304 9 years ago

Hey Rob

Funny you should mention the cats.... They love and hanging wires under a machine. One of my first designs was destroyed by a cute little kitten from this I redesigned to try to eliminate this and it has not been an issue since. The owner of the kit that got destroyed by his cat has not had an issue with my new design. I have done X-Men and I think I have done Avengers I will check.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

What keeps the strip from getting damaged when you lift the machine with a pinball cart and/or slide it in and out of a vehicle?

The undercab lights wrap around the edges of the bottom of the cab. This provides more than enough room to effectively use a lift without damaging the lighting. To move around the house you do not need to unplug anything but if you are transporting or folding down the head you will need to unplug 1 connector. It takes about a minute to prep for transport.

If you need pics or more details my email is [email protected]

Chris

#310 9 years ago

Lol, awesome! I am glad I have you guys to help me remember what I have done. I do have books of notes but who likes looking back at notes. Yes I have many kits done that are not listed I will try to update this weekend. Thanks guys!

Quoted from aalucero:That's when you know Rock is making these kits round the clock he can't remember what ones he has done. Congratz on the growing business Rock.

Thanks buddy. I do as much as I can I have a hard time sitting still but I do sleep sometimes.

#311 9 years ago

Heading out to PATZ hope to meet some of you out there. Orders may be delayed a day or two due to the show but I will extend a special. Free T-shirt with standard under-cab purchase, I have L, XL, and a few 2XL this is not a shirt to wear to family friendly events!

2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
#314 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Will you be at Allentown?

No sorry, I was hoping to send my partner out there but it isn't going to work out (Day Job's). I would have loved to attend myself and meet all of you guy's.

Quoted from Manic:

Wear the Fedora... that's your *actual* trademark dude Have a great time and don't forget to sell some stuff!

Got her on bud! I sold my T2 in just a couple hrs of the doors opening could not believe it, I had an I really want to keep this price on it. Luckily I have 2 more waiting for me. I think I will always have a T2 ready to work on its just a fun game for me to tear apart and make stuff for it.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

Ok just noticed you have one for Star Wars lol . So just FREDDY . Thanks

Still need to do Freddy HS2, JR, Taxi, most system 11. If you are near the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo area let me know I need your help to get these kits made.

Still at the show so I will be slow with communication.

Thanks
Rock

#319 9 years ago

Got a new install done at the show Mustang!

#321 9 years ago

Mustang Video

Thanks to Trent with Tilt Amusements (http://www.tiltamusements.com/) for allowing us to work on his brand new machine. What a great guy, I know who my next NIB is coming from.

#322 9 years ago

New kits listed on my site. www.rockcustompinball.com

Mustang
Fishtales
WCS94
Dirty Harry
Earthshaker
Indiana Jones WMS and Stern
Judge Dredd
BDK
South Park
Roller coaster Tycoon
Who Dunnit

More to come soon.....

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well, I'm about to buy one for my Iron Man. Can't wait to see it live. Thanks Rock!

My pleasure. Let us know what you think after the install. Also if you have Pinball Toppers speaker lights I do build an additional harness to drive them.

#326 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the video of Pinball Toppers speaker lights in action on IM. Your cobbled video looks better than most of mine LOL. I hate making video's.

Need some more video's of Pinball toppers speaker lights driven by my harness, please post them.

#327 9 years ago

WWFRR completed kit

Possibly GNR tonight and The Getaway and Whirlwind tomorrow if everything works out with schedules.

#330 9 years ago

GNR is complete! I will post a video later. I hope everything works out today for Whirlwind and High Speed 2. Thanks to Ben and Erin for letting me tackle GNR and hanging out, always a pleasure.

1 week later
#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Rock, ever thought of doing a Jurassic Park kit? Buddy of mine saw my IM light show today and loved it and wanted one for his JP.

I have had this and several other DE and Sega's designed for months. I just have had no time to do the test installation. The same goes for most system 11's.

I have several great people willing to let me test on their machines just need the time.

I hope to update my site with some new kits that are complete soon.

Thanks
Chris

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Rock, I modified it a bit. In the bottom of my IM, in the back, there are these four holes with plastic screens over them. I used an xacto knife, cut a small hole in the second hole underneath and instead of having wires running down the back of my pin, I have them hooked up inside the cabinet. Everyone who sees the light show is amazed. Job well done.

I have thought about making just an undercab kit. I have had a few people like you who do not want to light the wall behind the machine.

What do you guys think? Is another version needed?

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Thanks, will look into it.

If you have specific questions I am more than happy to answer. We made the install very easy, not 1 person has not been able to successfully install.

Quoted from JCJP:

Ike would like the back and the bottom !! Don't for get about Star Wars !!! Thanks

Since last weekend was a bust I hope this one goes better. I plan on doing DE SW and JP and hope to do BBB but that is a stretch. This will all depend on the day job.

#345 9 years ago

DE Star Wars and Jurassic Park are complete. I should be able to do all DE pins now.

Those of you who were inquiring about these kits now is the time to let me know you want one. These will not be listed on our site until next weekend. I can send invoices.

Thanks
Chris

#346 9 years ago

Star wars. Yeah im bad at making video's feel free to send me good ones to [email protected]

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Rock my T2 was finally delivered by the shipping company today and I really like how your undercab kit current illuminates the back wall! I would not change a thing. It looks awesome

Thanks Adrian, I have several reports of successful of show trips and sales but none across county. So was it on your T2 and did it make the trip from AZ to Alaska?

GNR video

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

My buddy is def interested in the JP kit. So is it available on your site?

Not yet, I will have it on the site this weekend along with a few other kits. I am out of town until Saturday.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok Rock. I let my bud know about the kits being available through email. I hope he contacts you

Hey thanks man, much appreciated.

-Update-

DE Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and Guns N Roses will be up on our site tomorrow night. Shipping will be a little slow due to the holiday weekend.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I added 2 vids that demonstrate some pretty sad ball 1 game play (lots of bricked shots) a special award with a double jackpot. No supers though. The other vid is the fantastic light show at the end of the game thanks to Rock's under cab lights and Duke6's topper idea. I hope more ppl will pimp out their T2 and post their results on Pinside!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adriandmd/

Thanks for posting the video. Great looking T2! Is my under-cab harness controlling the topper lights?

#358 9 years ago

The Getaway HS2 is now complete. This one took a while sorry.

#359 9 years ago

Added speaker light harness to the website. http://www.rockcustompinball.com/#!interactive-speaker-light-harness/cyqt

Only compatible with speaker lights from pinballtoppers or speakerlightkits.com

Adding MSF kit today maybe others

#360 9 years ago

One of my kit's is being auctioned off to help benefit Lloyd (LTG) and SS Billiards so if you were planning on purchasing one please bid that one up. Let's help Lloyd he has done so much for most of us. Here is the thread http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honoring-ltg-w-the-ss-billiards-2014-refresh/page/9#post-1685214

#361 9 years ago

Had the day off so I took some time for myself and made me a kit for my kids Star Wars Episode 1. This and RFM will be available in about a week depending on some parts coming in.

My kids love this machine and really enjoy the new lighting, I could not keep them off it today.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

thanks rock 4 the tspp kit and t shirt and especially for the help when i couldnt get them to work at first, need to start game 4 them to kick in lol DOH!!!

Hey my pleasure bud. I will try to make this clearer in my instructions. Some of my kits are on all the time it all depends on what I need to tie into to make the best show that makes sense with the gameplay throughout all the modes and multi-balls, ect..

My newest kit has a constant light and that is on SWep1 which by the way parts came in and I now have some available. These will only available through pm's for now I will not have a chance to update my site for a bit.

4 weeks later
#367 9 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

Very impressive! I'll be placing an order. You're probably all set on test-machines, but if there are any in my collection that you want to create a test kit for, just lmk.

Thanks! I would like to do your SOF, not a lot of demand for that one but I would like to do it no the less. I need to do some Gottlieb only problem is I need to in home test kits. Pm me if you would like the SOF Kit. These are not so much test kits at this point what I really need is usable video.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's quite amazing the number of different manufactures games you've made undercab lighting for. Well done and professional. Keep going man!

Thanks Buddy, Did you ever get the ultimate kit on Wooly?

Sorry we have not updated in a while we do have new kits designed I will try to post some new video later. We have been very busy on custom works and new mods we probably will probably never be able to release Day jobs are a killer.

We will open up requests so if there is something you would like let us know. It is best to direct email [email protected]

Thanks,
Chris

#369 9 years ago

Ok here is a new video for Party Zone and a nice PF pick as well. Sorry for the poor quality we typically don't make video's in our workshop.

Party Zone1.JPGParty Zone1.JPG
3 weeks later
#374 9 years ago

Got 2 people on my website saying that they heard about us on a pinball podcast. Does anyone have a link?

Thanks
Chris

1 week later
#376 9 years ago

IMVE is ready. Listed on the site today.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I bought a SM a couple of weeks ago that had this kit on it, and the strips were damaged in the move so that only the backbox LEDs were connected. Seller asked Chris about a repair, and instead I got a whole new set of LED strips in the mail-great service! Installed the new lights last night though, and wow, that's pretty intense with the undercab as well. It's actually a little too much at times-there's no way to dial the brightness down, is there? It was actually giving people headaches when I had it connected. Could also be a matter of personal preference though, and might also work better in a slightly brighter gameroom (my basement is pretty dark). Probably not good for the kids though-I have a 2 year old who's much closer to the ground, so these are closer to eye level for him (and he already likes playing Spider-Man)
Has anyone ever run a switch to these so that you can turn the undercab lights on/off without getting behind the game? Might be a compromise to make it easier to have these on/off on demand. Simple enough to connect/disconnect from the back when you can get behind the machine, but not when it's right up against the wall.

Leds that are too bright is not a common problem. Dimmers can be added as well as a switch to turn the leds off. This would commonly be done as a customer request but added cost is involved. Feel free to pm me if you would like a dimmer harness made.

-Chris

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from GR8pinball:

The WOZ kit is my favorite so far. Thanks for prototyping this one with me, it looks awesome. I love the light show and really dig the green under glow!
I am glad you finally got a chance to work on this one, it was definitely worth the wait!
BTW Bandit loves it. Lol

My pleasure buddy always great to catch up a little. I was real happy we figured out the BSD so quickly. Thanks for letting me come back and check the fit, man that would have bugged me for a while.

So the debate we had about the constant glow, I went back home and studied it some more and decided it would be better for the kit with it on. After playing it for a while was the right call made? I know most kits its just not fitting but this one made so many other things work.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nice i like that theres always something on are the ones for tz like this ? I need one and the backbox mod for it .

Here is a video of the TZ backbox door mod. I know I have talked with you about it but a video so you can see. I design the kits best suited to the gameplay some have underglow and some do not. I can make all kits have an underglow rather easily but i feel the original design is the best.

On this backbox mod I typically have it set on a constant slow fade of colors or just White as the White really pops the whole thing off. This is a very simple plug and play mod, yes I can make it interactive but interaction is not the best in this instance a remote is. Wow, never thought I would say that.

2 weeks later
#390 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Just finished restoring a TAF and installed the undercab interactive lightshow as the final upgrade. It came out fantastic and the customer and I could not be happier with it. I do recommend applying a little hot glue to keep it secured well especially if you know you need to move the machine. Great work ROCK!

Thank you, very happy you guys were pleased. Thanks for the hot glue tip if moving a machine around it does help.

As far a discounts my site was built for pinside and priced for pinsiders. I can give discounts on multiple kits but one would need to contact me as I have nothing built into my site.

-Chris
Rock Custom Pinball

1 month later
#392 9 years ago

TWD is now available on our site www.rockcustompinball.com

Should have video after Expo.

2 weeks later
#393 9 years ago

We will be posting many new kits this Sunday. If anyone needs something designed please post the title.

Thanks
Chris

#394 9 years ago

My lovely wife is updating the site with a few new kits and replacement led strips.

New kits are:

JY
I500
Sherk
BTTF
SOF
HS2
TRS
WWFRR
Starship Troopers
Dr. Who
Avengers
LAH
Hurricane
Monopoly
X-Men

We do have more that are unlisted but that is whats going on today. Like always if you need a kit designed just as chances are we have it or will make it for you. I still do love custom requests so keep them coming just remember they are only done in my time frame.

Thanks
Chris

1 month later
#395 9 years ago

I did a custom install on a Gottlieb Stargate yesterday and was wondering if you guys would be interested in kits for Gottlieb machines before i go much further into perfecting the design as it is very different from B/W or Stern.

-Chris

1 month later
#397 9 years ago

Pm sent.

I can do Freddy, Stargate, ect... but cannot make them plug and play so I can't offer them to the public. If you want one for Freddy we can make it as a reqrequest.

Thanks
Chris

1 month later
#400 9 years ago

Just wanted to update i have designed many new kits the latest being a No Fear. You will need to pm me for anything not on my site www.rockcustompinball.com

ebay.com link: itm Also some new flashers on ebay if you care to check them out. If you pm me we can save you a little cash.

#401 9 years ago

Sorry ebay link is some new led flasher designs ebay.com link: itm

Pm me and i can discount if you want some flashers

2 months later
#403 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

May be a while before I buy , but my radical and space station pins would look great with these

I can take a look at those in a week or so. Currently working on a mousing around

2 months later
#406 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

Rock- Any kits for older solid state machines to give it a little life?

Yes i have a few designs that i have done but this is typically just customer requests for certain titles. Example i just completed Space Station and Space Shuttle so if you want a specific title let me know.

I have a ton of kits available that are not currently on my website so if you need something just ask.

As far as Kiss i need to work on that in person as it is a new boardset. I need to be sure i have no issues before i release kits for games like Kiss, AMH, MMR, ect...

Cheers
Chris

3 weeks later
#408 8 years ago

New kits added to the site Pinball Magic, Radical, Space Station, Mousin Around, and others. You can order from my site www.rockcustompinball.com

If you are looking to get a kit designed please let me know.

We will be adding underglow kits as well as our shooter lane and backpanel mods. Still debating on offering speaker lights for WPC/Bally macines

Cheers
Chris

20150419_203238.jpg20150419_203238.jpg

1 year later
#411 7 years ago

Been away for awhile... Thanks for everyone's patience..

We have several kits not on the website just ask. Always ask and if buying more than 1 kit send me a message or email me [email protected] I can give a little discount.

Yes I have shooterlane and back panel mods only available if you contact me. Here is an example of a shooter lane mod. Price for shooter lane and back panel will be $35.00 or both for $60.00 these both use remotes to select any color you wish. Photo of my T2 with back panel and shooterlane mods. And my CFTBL with a shooterlane mod.

All my other mods are available only through email.

Thanks
Chris

Check out some of my YouTube videos
https://m.youtube.com/user/pinballled

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
5,600 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels
Interactive
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-far-the-best-under-cabinet-led-kit?tu=rock914 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.