Party Zone1.JPG
DSCN2189.JPG
DSCN2192.JPG
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
20131130_113342.jpg
20131130_113430.jpg
20131211_204007.jpg
There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 10 years ago

Wires under the cab are a very bad thing especially for people with cats. But they put a ton of thought and effort into it so it is pretty cool to me. I just don't know if this is a diy meaning you need to create the right fit for the light show, or if they have done it. Either way a well thought out and solid effort and seeing what they have going on the price is not out of line. I like the fact that they took the back of the machine into consideration as I did.

Very happy you enjoy these kits but mine may not be right for everyone. I believe even you once questioned my show design.

Quoted from Manic:

I like their pricing on the little cars for CFTBL. $130 for all the wrong colors... want the pink and white one? It's mysteriously DOUBLE the price

That's not cool.

#302 10 years ago

Be looking for an order from me next month for FT. I love this mod. Great work, Rock!

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Wires under the cab are a very bad thing especially for people with cats

Sup Rock, Do you have these kits for Avengers LE and X-Men LE did not see them on your site. My cat is old . But she is still frisky as all getout . Is kitty possibly going to get fried like MET Sparkey . Or am I being worry wart. Thanks rob

#304 10 years ago

Hey Rob

Funny you should mention the cats.... They love and hanging wires under a machine. One of my first designs was destroyed by a cute little kitten from this I redesigned to try to eliminate this and it has not been an issue since. The owner of the kit that got destroyed by his cat has not had an issue with my new design. I have done X-Men and I think I have done Avengers I will check.

#305 10 years ago

What keeps the strip from getting damaged when you lift the machine with a pinball cart and/or slide it in and out of a vehicle?

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

What keeps the strip from getting damaged when you lift the machine with a pinball cart and/or slide it in and out of a vehicle?

The undercab lights wrap around the edges of the bottom of the cab. This provides more than enough room to effectively use a lift without damaging the lighting. To move around the house you do not need to unplug anything but if you are transporting or folding down the head you will need to unplug 1 connector. It takes about a minute to prep for transport.

If you need pics or more details my email is [email protected]

Chris

#307 9 years ago

I can't say enough about how amazing Rocks kits are. They add so much to the coolness of game play. Everyone who has seen them on my South Park and TFLE were totally WOW'd by them. You can't go wrong with Rocks kits. Simple plug-n-play. Set-up is a BREEZE! Took me an hour to do both games and that included wiping them down too.

The quality of the build on these kits is unreal. They line up perfectly from corner to corner on the undercab, then run right along the side edges. So neat, clean and beautiful. The corners are true 90 degree angles. I don't know how the heck he does this but you can tell he takes a LOT of time getting these kits perfect! There is NO WAY you would hit the lights with a lift cart either. The carts are not wide enough to come close to the LED strips. So there's no worries there either.

I read a few posts about cats and dangling wires. I have not had any problems with the adhesion of the kits so far. It's been a month, so if they haven't come off now, they're not going to any time soon.

I will say that in the kit directions Rock tells you to make sure you wipe down the machine where the lights will be adhering too. You MUST do this and do it well. There is sometimes grease and dirt and grime and oil and of course, paint over spray. You want to make sure you remove all that off of there. THAT is the only reason why you may have an adhesion fail and it will be your fault, not the kits fault. Rock even sends some double sided sticky tape for good measure. I put it in the corners, the ends and in the center going up to the back box where the kit adheres. Haven't had any problems.

That said, I myself had a 4 foot section where I couldn't get it to stick down. This was 100% MY fault. On my TFLE, there is heavy black over spray underneath the cabinet. I wiped it down and got all kinds of black off. There was still a lot there but I was lazy and anxious and said that's good enough and installed the kit. Well, it wouldn't stick on that section. (my lazy fault) What I did was take some of my wife's clear double sided sticky craft tape.

Here's a link to the tape...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V4PG2C/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01

Once I put this tape on over the paint overspray it held perfectly and hasn't been a problem since. As an extra precaution I also used it going up the back box. Have had NO problems there whatsoever. Perfect solution should you experience any problems.

My wife and daughter are in FLA till next Tuesday. I need her to upload the video from my phone to my computer. Once she does I will post the vids of both machines here for all to see.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I have done X-Men and I think I have done Avengers I will check.

You have done Avengers.

I've got it.

It's Hulk-Tastic. (Green, baby!)

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You have done Avengers.
I've got it.
It's Hulk-Tastic. (Green, baby!)

That's when you know Rock is making these kits round the clock he can't remember what ones he has done. Congratz on the growing business Rock.

#310 9 years ago

Lol, awesome! I am glad I have you guys to help me remember what I have done. I do have books of notes but who likes looking back at notes. Yes I have many kits done that are not listed I will try to update this weekend. Thanks guys!

Quoted from aalucero:That's when you know Rock is making these kits round the clock he can't remember what ones he has done. Congratz on the growing business Rock.

Thanks buddy. I do as much as I can I have a hard time sitting still but I do sleep sometimes.

#311 9 years ago

Heading out to PATZ hope to meet some of you out there. Orders may be delayed a day or two due to the show but I will extend a special. Free T-shirt with standard under-cab purchase, I have L, XL, and a few 2XL this is not a shirt to wear to family friendly events!

2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
#312 9 years ago

Will you be at Allentown?

#313 9 years ago

Wear the Fedora... that's your *actual* trademark dude Have a great time and don't forget to sell some stuff!

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Will you be at Allentown?

No sorry, I was hoping to send my partner out there but it isn't going to work out (Day Job's). I would have loved to attend myself and meet all of you guy's.

Quoted from Manic:

Wear the Fedora... that's your *actual* trademark dude Have a great time and don't forget to sell some stuff!

Got her on bud! I sold my T2 in just a couple hrs of the doors opening could not believe it, I had an I really want to keep this price on it. Luckily I have 2 more waiting for me. I think I will always have a T2 ready to work on its just a fun game for me to tear apart and make stuff for it.

#316 9 years ago

Nice T2 !! Do you have kits for Star Wars data east and Freddy nightmare on elm street ? They were not on ur site . Thanks

#317 9 years ago

Ok just noticed you have one for Star Wars lol . So just Freddy . Thanks

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

Ok just noticed you have one for Star Wars lol . So just FREDDY . Thanks

Still need to do Freddy HS2, JR, Taxi, most system 11. If you are near the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo area let me know I need your help to get these kits made.

Still at the show so I will be slow with communication.

Thanks
Rock

#319 9 years ago

Got a new install done at the show Mustang!

#320 9 years ago

Sorry I am in Texas

#321 9 years ago

Mustang Video

Thanks to Trent with Tilt Amusements (http://www.tiltamusements.com/) for allowing us to work on his brand new machine. What a great guy, I know who my next NIB is coming from.

#322 9 years ago

New kits listed on my site. www.rockcustompinball.com

Mustang
Fishtales
WCS94
Dirty Harry
Earthshaker
Indiana Jones WMS and Stern
Judge Dredd
BDK
South Park
Roller coaster Tycoon
Who Dunnit

More to come soon.....

#323 9 years ago

Well, I'm about to buy one for my Iron Man. Can't wait to see it live. Thanks Rock!

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well, I'm about to buy one for my Iron Man. Can't wait to see it live. Thanks Rock!

My pleasure. Let us know what you think after the install. Also if you have Pinball Toppers speaker lights I do build an additional harness to drive them.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I just cobbled together a video of one of Rock Custom Pinball's undercabinet kits on my friends Iron Man. My friend already had a Pinball Toppers speaker light kit installed and Rock added the harness to have them link and work together.

#326 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the video of Pinball Toppers speaker lights in action on IM. Your cobbled video looks better than most of mine LOL. I hate making video's.

Need some more video's of Pinball toppers speaker lights driven by my harness, please post them.

#327 9 years ago

WWFRR completed kit

Possibly GNR tonight and The Getaway and Whirlwind tomorrow if everything works out with schedules.

#328 9 years ago

PM me when that Whirlwind gets up so I can quit filling up your inbox!

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

My pleasure. Let us know what you think after the install. Also if you have Pinball Toppers speaker lights I do build an additional harness to drive them.

I hope they arrive today and shit...yeah I have the speaker lights. I'll PM about the harness. That video was bad ass!

#330 9 years ago

GNR is complete! I will post a video later. I hope everything works out today for Whirlwind and High Speed 2. Thanks to Ben and Erin for letting me tackle GNR and hanging out, always a pleasure.

#331 9 years ago

Installed my under cabinet kit and it was a breeze. Great instructions and wow what a light show!!! I love it!! Thank you sir!

I love Iron Man!!

#332 9 years ago

Got the ship notice on my WWFRR kit with Thursday estimated arrival - looking forward to installing it and will shoot video of it in action when complete. (And will try to shoot an installation tutorial as well to show the process.) Thanks again!

1 week later
#333 9 years ago

Rock, ever thought of doing a Jurassic Park kit? Buddy of mine saw my IM light show today and loved it and wanted one for his JP.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Rock, ever thought of doing a Jurassic Park kit? Buddy of mine saw my IM light show today and loved it and wanted one for his JP.

I have had this and several other DE and Sega's designed for months. I just have had no time to do the test installation. The same goes for most system 11's.

I have several great people willing to let me test on their machines just need the time.

I hope to update my site with some new kits that are complete soon.

Thanks
Chris

#335 9 years ago

How difficult is the installation? I'm thinking about one of these for my TZ.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

the installation is really easy...if you clean the bottom of the cabinet really well. The instructions stress this, but you really have to get it clean. I thought I cleaned it well with alcohol, but my strips came off of both STTNG and AC/DC within a couple of hours. I bought some double sided tape, so I am going to try to reapply them tonight after re-cleaning the bottom of the cabs.

I saw an install video where Rock got a ton of grease and grime off of the bottom of a brand new cabinet. I think I am going to have to keep scrubbing until I get that.

Other than the cleaning, the rest of the installation probably takes 10 minutes or less, and is very easy.

#337 9 years ago

Rock! Did you send me something?

#338 9 years ago

Thanks, will look into it.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I got my kit last week, but haven't had time to shoot an installation video yet. Just to try it out, I installed the harness in the back box in less than 5 minutes and was playing a game with the string of LEDs just sitting there. Another 5-10 at most to clean and apply them to the cabinet. Super simple!

#340 9 years ago

Rock, I modified it a bit. In the bottom of my IM, in the back, there are these four holes with plastic screens over them. I used an xacto knife, cut a small hole in the second hole underneath and instead of having wires running down the back of my pin, I have them hooked up inside the cabinet. Everyone who sees the light show is amazed. Job well done.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Rock, I modified it a bit. In the bottom of my IM, in the back, there are these four holes with plastic screens over them. I used an xacto knife, cut a small hole in the second hole underneath and instead of having wires running down the back of my pin, I have them hooked up inside the cabinet. Everyone who sees the light show is amazed. Job well done.

I have thought about making just an undercab kit. I have had a few people like you who do not want to light the wall behind the machine.

What do you guys think? Is another version needed?

#342 9 years ago

Ike would like the back and the bottom !! Don't for get about star wars !!! Thanks

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Thanks, will look into it.

If you have specific questions I am more than happy to answer. We made the install very easy, not 1 person has not been able to successfully install.

Quoted from JCJP:

Ike would like the back and the bottom !! Don't for get about Star Wars !!! Thanks

Since last weekend was a bust I hope this one goes better. I plan on doing DE SW and JP and hope to do BBB but that is a stretch. This will all depend on the day job.

#344 9 years ago

Installation is a breeze bud, if I can do it, hell anyone can.

I didnt mind the back lighting up so much as having the wires visible. Not a huge deal either way, just a lil cleaner look now.

#345 9 years ago

DE Star Wars and Jurassic Park are complete. I should be able to do all DE pins now.

Those of you who were inquiring about these kits now is the time to let me know you want one. These will not be listed on our site until next weekend. I can send invoices.

Thanks
Chris

#346 9 years ago

Star wars. Yeah im bad at making video's feel free to send me good ones to [email protected]

#347 9 years ago

All ya gotta do Rock is buy a tripod. Your vids will improve 1000%

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I have thought about making just an undercab kit. I have had a few people like you who do not want to light the wall behind the machine.
What do you guys think? Is another version needed?

Rock my T2 was finally delivered by the shipping company today and I really like how your undercab kit current illuminates the back wall! I would not change a thing. It looks awesome

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Rock my T2 was finally delivered by the shipping company today and I really like how your undercab kit current illuminates the back wall! I would not change a thing. It looks awesome

Thanks Adrian, I have several reports of successful of show trips and sales but none across county. So was it on your T2 and did it make the trip from AZ to Alaska?

GNR video

#350 9 years ago

My buddy is def interested in the JP kit. So is it available on your site?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-far-the-best-under-cabinet-led-kit/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.