Party Zone1.JPG
DSCN2189.JPG
DSCN2192.JPG
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
20131130_113342.jpg
20131130_113430.jpg
20131211_204007.jpg
There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got one on my TAF....try to shoot a vid in the next day or so.....looks very good, as well....

Thanks! Look forward to seeing it.

#253 10 years ago

Thanks Rock! I just got Tron from you. I'll review the TAF video some more and make a decision on that one.

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

FG
» YouTube video

Quoted from MK6PIN:

WCS94
» YouTube video

Apologies to Rock...I use underglow on all my pins (RGB so I can change the color) just to set the mood....Rock's kits bring the machines to life, and look awesome ( as you know) on their own. For me, a perfect mix..but not for everyone.....just wanted to clarify.....thank you Chris!!!....mark

#255 10 years ago

These lights are 28 dollars on ebay 300 rgb led 5050 waterproof do a search . prob very easy to hook into the game theirs two ways u can ty them in 5volt or 12volt

#256 10 years ago

Man life would be good if that was all my kit was. Maybe others will enlighten you.

#257 10 years ago

Anybody have feedback or a video of BSD? I've seen Rock's video in his channel, but I'm looking for a little more data. Rock and I talked about using more purple, but he has experimented with that and decided to go a different direction. Just looking for some input from BSD owners.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

These lights are 28 dollars on ebay 300 rgb led 5050 waterproof do a search . prob very easy to hook into the game theirs two ways u can ty them in 5volt or 12volt

I apologize up front to Rock because I won't do him proper justice in explaining how hard he works on these kits and how long it takes him to do just one. Sorry Rock.

First off...this is said respectfully and in a nice tone just to educate you Delta and anyone else that may have the same question. Personally, I have been dealing with Rock for almost a month now on some special lighting kits that he's working on just for me. I've been driving him bonkers with PM's and phone calls to make sure that everything comes out just the way I want them too. He's working his tail off for me and I'm sure he'll attest to the fact that I'm a perfectionistic PAIN IN THE A$$! Sorry, it's just how I am.

That being said, sure, you can buy a strip of LED's for $30 bucks, but now try to do something with those lights. You going to just plug them into the wall and turn them on and let them change color? Well, Rock takes an actual connector (specially designed for his kits) that has about 50 solder joints he needs to make to it so you can cleanly, quickly and easily connect it directly into your machine. That's right, you connect his kit directly into the lighting interface of your machine. His kits are controlled BY THE GAME. The lights pop on and off in varying colors in conjunction with the gameplay.

On top of that, he spends HOURS researching and developing the right combination of lights to go with and coordinate with each and EVERY machine he does. He does ALL the hard work so you don't have to. He sure as hec ain't getting rich making these things. For the work he does, he should be charging more. He does this on the side as a hobby. This isn't his every day job. He does it because he enjoys it and wants to help other's out. People kept coming to him asking if he could build kits for them after they saw videos of what he did on his own machines. That's how he got started in doing this. Not to have a business and make all kinds of money.

Just look at his videos Delta, they speak for themselves. Try to find someone who isn't happy with a Rock Customs light kit. Good luck in that search cause you're gonna need it. Also, if you look around, there are plenty of other kits out there that are not nearly as nice as his yet sell for a lot more and aren't nearly as nice and DEFINITELY not as easy to install. You'll be done instlling his kit and playing in 15-20 minutes, TOPS.

Trust me, if you want the best LED light kit for you game, you want a Rock Customs Light kit.

Again, all said kindly, respectfully and with my apologies to the Rock for not doing him proper justice.

#260 10 years ago

Agreed. Aside from being a breeze to install (this coming from a tech-dummy artist-type) try getting Rock's unbeatable customer service from one of those $30 eBay outfits (that is not customized to your game).

Another respectful alternate opinion from a happy Rock Customs customer,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#261 10 years ago

Thanks Guy's for the kind words.

Several new kits should come available this week, some of them are Avengers, X-man, Stern Indiana Jones, BDK, DE star wars, JP, WWF, Roller coaster Tycoon, Fish Tales, WCS94, FG, HS2, Wh20

Some of these I am still waiting in testers but they have been designed and sent out most have been installed. Also my website provider is having issues today I hope they get it sorted soon.

Thanks
Chris
Rock Custom Pinball
www.rockcustompinball.com

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

How amazingly ignorant.

And troll-ish.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

How amazingly ignorant.
And troll-ish.

It's not ignorant or a troll. Fact is that these are strips hooked to the flasher 12v line. And yes you could hook them to other 12v accesories (motors,etc) that periodically get power. You *could* do it yourself and save some money but I think his price is more than fair consider the amount of time it takes to hook to each flasher and I know he has a more elegant way of accessing the flasher outputs than simply soldering them to each bulb socket, etc...

That being said you would be able to pick your own color scheme and that can make a huge difference. I would buy a kit for my fully pinbulb'ed LED AFM to avoid the effort of doing it myself but I dislike the colors Rock chose to go with.

AFM cries out for red, green, yellow,orange, white but when you see his kit the first thing you see is constant BLUE flashing from under the machine. Doesn't *remotely* go with the colors of the cab or the PF. Not in the least.
I think it clashes terribly with the machine.

Now I could resolder the rgb strips from blue to red but then I might as well do the rest myself. So I guess I won't be getting this kit. A shame as I have been feeling lazy lately

So in a nutshell I think he has a great idea and is priced right but the colors he picks are purely subjective... nothing magical about it. If you like what he has picked... then it's a great deal.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So in a nutshell I think he has a great idea and is priced right but the colors he picks are purely subjective

Ever think of asking for a custom kit?

#266 10 years ago

Sorry if this has been addressed, but does the ACDC kit work with the Pro?

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if this has been addressed, but does the ACDC kit work with the Pro?

Yes I will update my site so that is more clear. Thanks

#268 10 years ago

I recently added the interactive speaker lights on my LOTR LE. Have to say they add a lot to the game in conjunction with the undercabinet lighting. Super job Chris!!

#269 10 years ago

I bought 6 kits from Chris (CFTBL, FT, TZ, TOM, CV, WH2O). We all know this is the best undercabinet lighting mod out there. Chris has fantastic personal service, lightening fast communication, great instructions and fast delivery. KUDOS!

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I recently added the interactive speaker lights on my LOTR LE. Have to say they add a lot to the game in conjunction with the undercabinet lighting. Super job Chris!!

Which speaker lights are you referring to please?

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Which speaker lights are you referring to please?

I take requests and this was one of them. I actually build a harness for pinball toppers light kits we will be listing these soon. I am not producing my own speaker lights as an already great product exists. However I do make them for wms/bally since pinball toppers do not make them for those machines. It will be awile before I begin to produce these you guys keep me busy enough with the undercab stuff. Thanks for all the support.

Chris

#272 10 years ago

Chris, you beat me to it. Yes, they hook up to the light system sold by Pinball Toppers.

#273 10 years ago

Any vid for TSPP yet Chris?

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Any vid for TSPP yet Chris?

I talked with my tester not long ago. He is trying his best to get a video tonight. We will see I will post it after I get it up on youtube.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I bought 6 kits from Chris (CFTBL, FT, TZ, TOM, CV, WH2O). We all know this is the best undercabinet lighting mod out there. Chris has fantastic personal service, lightening fast communication, great instructions and fast delivery. KUDOS!

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thanks guy's.

Bigboss- Still no word on TSPP

I hope a few videos come my way today but we shall see. If anyone knows a good way for people to send me video's please let me know that is most of the hangup.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Thanks guy's.
Bigboss- Still no word on TSPP
I hope a few videos come my way today but we shall see. If anyone knows a good way for people to send me video's please let me know that is most of the hangup.

I have taken 2 killer videos of TSPP in action...just can't seem to upload the damn things....looks awesome...hopefully tomorrow ....mark

#278 10 years ago

Finally got the TSPP uploaded!!!....Chris provided the underglow for this as well.....this is the full version ( a little boring in spots) but you get a great idea on how cool the kit is....thanks Chris!!! ( I'll email you the raw video so you can edit)....just wanted to get it out, as I know a lot will want this kit....

#279 10 years ago

And a second FG....

#280 10 years ago

2nd try:

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

NGG video
» YouTube video

Hey that is a great job on NGG! Awesome that you have the LED's being triggered by the spinning disk. Or do the flashers fire anyways when the disk is spinning... haven't played mine in a while?

I gotta say Chris's kits really won me over. I was going to do my own with separate strips for different colors under the cab... snaking out of the rear vents, etc... there's some color flexibility when you go this route but I got tired just thinking about it. Burnt out a bit after other mods/projects.

It's a clean install and it nicely doesn't use a lot of the more obvious places to get 12v from... freeing you up to add other LED strips to the PF and such.

If you're a non-techie then it's a no-brainer. 10 minute install.

If you know just enough to be dangerous... it still might be a no-brainer if you value your time and have other things to do.

You can also add another small LED strip underneath for a cool steady glow under the machine and it still looks crazy when the kit kicks in. Doesn't diminish the effect at all.

Both kits fill the room with light so you can't go wrong with either...

After my earlier criticism... consider me a convert

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If you know just enough to be dangerous... it still might be a no-brainer if you value your time and have other things to do.

Bingo.

#283 10 years ago

Received and installed kits on my SM and TSPP, very happy with the results. I needed a little help with a minor issue but Chris fell over himself to help and provide excellent support. What a top guy Chris is, highly recommend his kits to anyone who wants dramatic effect with minimal effort ( simple install ).

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

After my earlier criticism... consider me a convert

This is great to hear.

Thank you for your criticism and actually taking the leap and trying a kit for yourself. Our kit's get better through your feedback. If there is an improvement we can make trust me we will make it.

Wanted to let you guy's know RCP is a 2 man team myself and Xaver. Xaver handles all that I cannot and has been working on some cool new things that we hope to release in the near future once we are 100% satisfied.

#285 10 years ago

Some of you have been asking for a while now about speaker lights. We are getting closer to a finished product. You can see them in action on this thread http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-custom-pinball-speaker-light-sneak-peek-and-gauging-interest

#286 10 years ago

Just want to congratulate Rock on his successful mod, and also wanted to mention that I bought a similar surround flash kit for WCS 94 a couple a years ago from superfluxshop.de. It was well done, but expensive to ship from Germany. I just recently bought another kit for HS2 Getaway. I am glad to see another business making these kind of kits.

#287 10 years ago

Thanks Bud, I am actually working on HS2, my test kit didn't go the way I wanted it to so back to design and machine test.

#289 10 years ago

That is awesome. Would make a great decal or poster.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

That is awesome. Would make a great decal or poster.

Yes this was designed by John in Colorado. He actually sells this decal on ebay its called pinballer. He was nice enough to let us use it for a shirt and we altered it a bit but came out very nice I think. Wait don't you do graphics work? I may have a project for you...

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Yes this was designed by John in Colorado. He actually sells this decal on ebay its called pinballer. He was nice enough to let us use it for a shirt and we altered it a bit but came out very nice I think. Wait don't you do graphics work? I may have a project for you...

Yes I do graphics work. Let me know what you need anytime. Very kind of him to let you use that it is an awesome design.

#292 10 years ago

Shirt looks great Rock. WAYYYY cool design. I'm looking forward to getting mine Bro. Thanks and have a great day.

#293 10 years ago

I would like to ask what is in the kit? (90$)

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from fly:

The prettiest lights ever.

...And a hassle-free connector.

...and lots and lots of research done by one of the nicest pinsiders out there.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from fly:

What you see in the package i send my kit in is - constructed led's, A plug and play wiring harness, some decent instructions. What you don't see is my service.

Quoted from pmWolf:

The prettiest lights ever.
...And a hassle-free connector.
...and lots and lots of research done by one of the nicest pinsiders out there.

Well said LOL. Thanks Buddy! how many kit's are you up to now?

Sorry for the lack of updates recently I have been doing a few custom project's one of which I am very excited about. This has consumed much of my free time. I have some new designs but nothing will be posted on my site for a few day's. If I have missed one of your pm's or email's please let me know.

1 week later
#296 10 years ago

Someone had asked for this TFTC video. Finally got it up on Youtube, sorry for the delay.

1 week later
#297 10 years ago

New Kit - Who Dunnit! Sorry no video at this time but same deal applies. If I do not have a video for my kit and you provide me one I will give you $20.00 for your trouble.

Thanks,
Chris

#298 10 years ago

Rock! hey man, picking up a Funhouse and a Capcom Airborn at Allentown....will be sending you a PM in the next week or so....any chance you may be making it Allentown? Have you done any experimenting with any Capcom games?

#299 10 years ago

Pinball Decals announced an under-cab kit. Here is a link http://pinballdecals.com/OptifluxCabinetSurroundFlashKitsPage.html
Looks like they put some time and effort into this.

#300 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Pinball Decals announced an under-cab kit. Here is a link http://pinballdecals.com/OptifluxCabinetSurroundFlashKitsPage.html
Looks like they put some time and effort into this.

Wow only $225 for that mess of wires running down your cab. Your setup looks better every day Chris

I like their pricing on the little cars for CFTBL. $130 for all the wrong colors... want the pink and white one? It's mysteriously DOUBLE the price

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Wanted
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-far-the-best-under-cabinet-led-kit/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.