You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0478.JPG
Failed Test 9.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Help please.

I'm getting this error code on the displays when the game boots. This is a Blackwater 100. Any ideas or help tracking this error down would be appreciated. The LED blinks normally then on the 9th blink this shows up on the displays. GI is on . This is a 6803 MPU

failed Test 9 zero cross A

Just before this happened the game played good but I noticed is the the drop target bank coil was stuck on

Thanks
Scott

Failed Test 9.JPGFailed Test 9.JPG
#2 10 years ago

So looking at this today I now see that the FU4 was blown on the power module. When I replace it it blows almost immediately. Still looking for some suggestions
Thanks

1 week later
#3 10 years ago

So one of the lamp control lines was touching the metal PF support bracket that rests on the lockdown bar received on the cabinet causing a direct short. I ground a radius on the bracket to add more clearance and the game is back up. Previous owner had moved the bracket because of stripped mounting screw holes. The Zero Cross A error code on the displays before this was fixed was pointing to the signal name ( red Wire) that was being shorted.

100_0478.JPG100_0478.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bw100-error-code-question-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.