Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

I normally don't run my machine for more than an hour or two and then I unplug it. It was on for several hours and now the Color DMD is black, the machine shoots all the balls out and doesn't stop attempting to do so, however the idol doesn't turn to release the balls in there.

Not sure where to start with troubleshooting. I took off the glass and started the game and was able to go through some of the modes. I can't run tests without seeing the screen. I do have my original display. Nothing seems to be wrong on the board that I can tell.

I've made some minor soldering repairs, but I could use help on this one. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Check/replace F116 at the upper left corner of the power driver board.

#3 8 years ago

The F116 and original J116 that was plugged in the male-to-male connector for the color dmd look fried. Where can I get a replacement?

#4 8 years ago

Also... from reading other posts, it seems like the Color DMD has caused this on this game and related games(TZ, TAF, TCFBL). Is there a long term solution to prevent the fuse from blowing in the future?

#5 8 years ago

Addition of a ColorDMD won't normally cause a fuse to blow unless the game contains other lighted mods. There aren't any known issues adding a ColorDMD to a stock game.

The fuse will blow if 12V is accidentally shorted to ground due to misconnection of the ColorDMD power cable. Installation should always be performed with the power off.

#6 8 years ago

I installed the Color DMD about a month ago. The power was off during installation. I haven't had any issues. I don't keep the machine on unless I'm playing it. It doesn't stay on for more than an hour, normally. The game was on for about 8 hours one day last week and that's when it had a problem.

The game was a high end restore from Treasure Cove. They replaced all the lights with LEDs. There are no mods on the game.

Is it the fuse I need to replace or the wiring plug?

#7 8 years ago

LEDs in inserts or GI won't affect F116 as they run off different power. If J116 looks burnt, it's likely the header pins have a poor solder connection that is heating up as current runs through it. Burnt headers or connectors should be replaced.

It's also possible that your issue isnt the fuse but a bad header or connector that's no longer passing 12V to the playfield.

#8 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

image_(resized).jpeg

LOL good stuff

#10 8 years ago

Haha. Nice! I couldn't edit the topic after it posted.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Haha. Nice! I couldn't edit the topic after it posted.

Go to your first post and click on edit post. You should be able to get to the title of the thread there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bw-indian-jones-repair-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.