Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DanteBK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

That inadvertent shot or set of circumstances that puts the kibosh on what you have been working for.

Based on the games I own:

CFTBL - having the ball go into the bumpers during multiball restart. ARGH!

AFM - trying for 5-way combo and hitting an orbit shot before that feature is completed. CRAP!

MM - hitting Merlin's Magic when only one or two multiballs are lit. RATS!

LOTR - anything involving the right ramp, Witch King or Return of the King multiball, or worse, the first ball dropping out of the ring upon soft impact with the second ball during DTR. NUTS!

WH2O - mistakenly locking the third ball when only one more feature or so would set up VJ. DANG!

CV - completing Acrobats as the last diamond forgetting to collect the last Ringmaster MB first. OY!

I cannot think of one for TS. TZ, maybe collecting Hitchhiker too early. As far as TSPP, I am happy with whatever I can accomplish!

What are yours?

Dan

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

My highest source of swearing without losing a ball right there, always hitting merlin too early in that game.

#3 7 years ago

Monster Mash- hitting Frankenstein before I have any modes stacked up.

#4 7 years ago

Also on wh2o when you have 5x ready at the whirlpool and have two balls locked and hit that last lock target to light lock. FFFFF looks like we're trying the spinechiller. But that shot is tough, so fast.

#5 7 years ago

Space Shuttle - Having the extra ball lit for spelling SHUTTLE and accidentally hitting the right ramp, changing the bonus award OR lighting extra ball from the pops lanes 8x bonus and then not making the shot before draining.

STTNG - uM......Not making the Picard Manuever after warp 9.9 mode. I guess. I'm not sure there's anything that actually is a buzzkill with this game.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

Also on wh2o when you have 5x ready at the whirlpool and have two balls locked and hit that last lock target to light lock.

THAT... is a great idea. But what would really be killer would be starting Boulder Bash by shooting the left loop, shooting Spine Chiller from the right flipper, starting 5X from the whirlpool, then starting multiball. Holy insane points, Batman!

#7 7 years ago

Fishtales - Totally missing the captive ball SUPER jackpot when you finally get the round going

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

THAT... is a great idea. But what would really be killer would be starting Boulder Bash by shooting the left loop, shooting Spine Chiller from the right flipper, starting 5X from the whirlpool, then starting multiball. Holy insane points, Batman!

I'll give you this. You have creativity. GL with that should be easy enough

#9 7 years ago

On TZ, building up a huge bonus while "Collect Bonus" sits as the camera reward, then pushing your bonus a little higher, and a little higher, then you drain before you can collect it. Then you collect a paltry 3-7 million bonus next ball. Bummer.

#10 7 years ago

On BSD, "mist" can be a source of many buzzkills. For example, getting a solid hit on the mist ball, only to have the ball you hit it with take its place on the magnet. Or accidentally starting video mode as the mist ball floats across the playfield. Or when you have both coffin and castle multiball going and mist is lit, and you can't manage to make a shot at the mystery hole through the mahem, and by some improbable odds not a single ball falls into the mystery hole from the pop bumpers. I could go on, what a great game.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

On TZ, building up a huge bonus while "Collect Bonus" sits as the camera reward, then pushing your bonus a little higher, and a little higher, then you drain before you can collect it. Then you collect a paltry 3-7 million bonus next ball. Bummer.

THIS! and hitting the Hitchhiker reward with only 1-3 Hitchhikers. Blargh! Less of a buzzkill is missing the skill shot, then wasting a piano/slot shot lighting up the "10 Million" door panel.

#12 7 years ago

Comet - Last ball, lighting 5x, and having the ball limply roll up the Cycle Jump and score the 200,000 point - killing the 1,000,000 point shot.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

That inadvertent shot or set of circumstances that puts the kibosh on what you have been working for.
Based on the games I own:
CFTBL - having the ball go into the bumpers during multiball restart. ARGH!
AFM - trying for 5-way combo and hitting an orbit shot before that feature is completed. CRAP!
LOTR - anything involving the right ramp, Witch King or Return of the King multiball, or worse, the first ball dropping out of the ring upon soft impact with the second ball during DTR. NUTS!
WH2O - mistakenly locking the third ball when only one more feature or so would set up VJ. DANG!
CV - completing Acrobats as the last diamond forgetting to collect the last Ringmaster MB first. OY!
I cannot think of one for TS. TZ, maybe collecting Hitchhiker too early. As far as TSPP, I am happy with whatever I can accomplish!
What are yours?
Dan

In BDK, having Joker and Scarecrow multiball ready to go, with the 2x multiplier ready in a hit or two, but missing the 3x super skill shot which flushes the whole huge scoring scenario down the toilet.

#14 7 years ago

TSPP: when you have two ball locked on the couch and when the third ball's in the upper playfield, it bounces off the flippers and goes down the wireform back to the playfield.

#15 7 years ago

X-Men LE: Having Danger Room Super Jackpot lit at the right Ramp and Nightcrawler pops up to block the shot STDM.

I'm from the future...

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Fishtales - Totally missing the captive ball SUPER jackpot when you finally get the round going

This.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

In BDK, having Joker and Scarecrow multiball ready to go, with the 2x multiplier ready in a hit or two, but missing the 3x super skill shot which flushes the whole huge scoring scenario down the toilet.

Yup! ; (

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

THIS! and hitting the Hitchhiker reward with only 1-3 Hitchhikers. Blargh! Less of a buzzkill is missing the skill shot, then wasting a piano/slot shot lighting up the "10 Million" door panel.

I rarely even bother with the skillshot anymore. Game lasts pretty long already as it is. A game without at least one LITZ reached is a crappy game by me now. Only thing that keeps me honest on TZ is a flying Powerball and a left side drain monster under the pops.

#19 7 years ago

Theatre of Magic: Accidentally locking Ball 2 with an Illusion ready to go. Once multiball is over, the trunk will need three more shots to get back to where you were. Fine if you just want points, but when going for Grand Finale, with how dangerous all those trunk shots are, it's a bummer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 9.95
6,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Mt. Laurel, NJ
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 14.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Telford, PA
$ 89.99
$ 39.50
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tampa, FL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside