• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,

The relay on the solenoid board of my Elktra keeps buzzing.

I have tried two different solenoid boards keeps happening so it doesn't come from there.

I have tried to put an Alltek MPU board in my machine and then the problem disappeared.

Things is, my Elekra has been fully refurbished and is all original and I would like to keep it that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Drtiguidou:

Hi all,
The relay on the solenoid board of my Elktra keeps buzzing.
I have tried two different solenoid boards keeps happening so it doesn't come from there.
I have tried to put an Alltek MPU board in my machine and then the problem disappeared.
Things is, my Elekra has been fully refurbished and is all original and I would like to keep it that way.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Not really sure what you are asking... did you solve the problem of the buzzing?

#3 4 years ago

No, it is still buzzing... I assume it comes from the MPU but all the joint on it look good... what could be the problem?

#4 4 years ago

So the buzz is definitely coming from the back box area? If you unplug everything(except the power board) and turn on the machine, does it still buzz?

#5 4 years ago

The buzz come from the relay on the solenoid board. I had to change the relay itself one time because it made it melt.

#6 4 years ago

So does it stop buzzing when the game is in attract and the relay is supposed to be off and deactivates the flippers?

#7 4 years ago

Swap U10 and 11 on the MPU

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 90.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buzzing-relay-on-bally-elektra?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.