6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EMchamp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

If putting your finger on the white frame can gently pressing it against the relay stops the noise, I've found putting a washer on the screw so that it sits between the relay and the frame can help as it make the gap smaller.

That doesn't read as well as I'd like.

Maybe this would be clearer:

screw head | star washer | orientation clip | frame | new washer | relay

#6 6 years ago

You can also try this substitution: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#continuous

With my Pioneer, I found it did stop the buzzing and heat - however, it also stopped the vibration tilt reliably triggering the tilt relay long enough to de-energise the tilt hold relay. The tilt bob was similar, but if you nudged enough you did eventually get a tilt, just a few clicks of the tilt relay beforehand as it tried to let go and didn't quite. Almost like an EM 'DANGER DANGER'. Tightening the tilt a lot helped but I eventually switched back to the A-9738 and the hair trigger tilt circuit.

The hold relay, 1st ball, game over and coin lockout all worked fine with this substitution though.

#8 6 years ago

When I want to share a video I usually put it on YouTube as an unlisted video and paste the URL into a post.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly the noise you're talking about, though yours is probably slightly higher than In used to (60hz vs 50hz power). It's an unfortunate part of AC relays. A very similar vibration buzz occurs when flipper coils aren't cinched up tight against the brackets.

If you're going to disable the tilt anyway, I'd give that DC coil substitute a go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buzzing-relay-gottlieb-wild-life?tu=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.