Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tengle93
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just finished a Domino and sometime when the roto unit activates there is a loud buzzing when the plunger is pulled in. Seems to be mostly when the ball exits the playfield and very rarely when the ball activates the roto in the kick outholes. I install a new coil sleeve and the plungers look brand to be in brand new condition? Any thoughts??

#2 5 years ago

Poor connection somewhere?

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, that was my next venture

#4 5 years ago

The exact same thing happens to my Domino when the ball has to get ejected a couple of times to make to the shooter lane. Seems as if a relay is staying energized to long.

#5 5 years ago

Yea, I know another person and he said his Domino buzzes occasionally when the roto spins. I've restored many games with roto units and have never run into this problem. Ive changed the plunger, coil stop, coil sleeve to no avail. In fact other plungers buzzed even more. Gonna run continuity and voltage drop test on the circuits. Maybe the coil is not getting enough juice, although the roto spins super fast!

#7 5 years ago

thanks

2 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

I know I 'm late to the party with this post but my Domino does the exact same thing!!

Maybe Vic_Camp could chime in on this, I know his Domino works perfectly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buzzing-gottlieb-roto-unit?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.