4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rlbohon3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlbohon3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

My Fire! game makes a loud buzz sound through the speakers for about a 1/4 second once it is powered on, especially after it has been off for a while. If I turn it off then immediately turn it back on, it doesn't make the sound. It's as if there is a capacitor that's draining when it shouldn't or something not quite workign right after the game has had some time the "rest" with the power off. I've replaced all the caps on the power supply and sound board, but no other components. Any idea what else to look for or what could possibly be related? The game operates ok; it's just that this sound is a little annoying turning the game on and a bit concerning that something is failing (maybe leading to more trouble).

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for the tip on the ground. I got this game a couple months ago and haven’t done a lot with it yet other than the caps, a few LEDs I had on hand and new rectifiers/fuse mod. I’ll check for grounds. Btw, here is a video showing the buzz on startup:

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from RNajarian:

I would disconnect/isolate the sound card and see if the buzz still occurs.
I hope the gang can help figure this one out.

Good tip, will do. I've since noticed that it seems a little more inconsistent as to how much time it needs to be off to make the sound when powering on. I'll check out the grounds and try to isolate the sound card and see what happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlbohon3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buzz-sound-when-powering-on-fire-game?tu=rlbohon3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.