Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron-X-Men-Pinball1.jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

I've thought about it and thought about it, buying one. I don't care how many are selling theirs, I just think it is going to be a great game in time. AC/DC is cool but I just can't get by the fact that the music just repeats over and over. Multiball starts, same music. I think what killed if for me was watching the video of Trent playing it a Papa's, boring. I like how the announcers hyped it all to hell over a score, funny stuff!

Again... AC/DC is cool and I may get one day but for now I prefer a mode game, Xmen it is!

#2 11 years ago

Does the music repeat in x-men?

#3 11 years ago

Yeah but it changes with Multiball and certain modes.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Does the music repeat in x-men?

Xmens music is constantly changing due to going in and out of modes left and right.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah but it changes with Multiball and certain modes.

Yeah, that was my hesitation toward AC/DC. I like when music and FX are choreographed to the gameplay...AC/DC's music mostly serves as background - but it isn't really interactive with the gameplay. When I saw the first pic, I imagined something like this - when the ball loads into the cannon, the game plays "For those about to rock...." and then when you hit fire, the song continues "FIRE!!!!!! We salute you!"

That being said - my impressions from video vs. impressions actually playing it were very different. When I was playing, I was just enjoying it and jamming along to the music...I think it's definitely the type of game you have to play to get a true feeling for it. I only played it about 10 times or so...so I can't really gauge it's long term fun factor yet.

One thing that I think would help the game for guys like us, who like big Multiball starts with music/sound changes....even if the selected song kept playing, it would be nice if Steve's Devil voice gave you a big intro like "Get ready to collect the classics! It's time for ALBUM MULTIBALL!!!!" or "You ready to JAM! It's JAM MULTIBALL!!!!" Pair that w/ some crazy light FX and crowd cheers, I think that'll do the trick.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I've thought about it and thought about it, buying one.

Shouldn't it be...I played it, and played it some more, now I'm buying it?

I hope you're not going on feedback or youtube videos on this or any other pin purchase.

#7 11 years ago

I agree.

The game is cool but it's a points game and there is nothing wrong with that. I just would rather shoot for a start and end when playing at home, not for a high score. Xmen has alot going for it. Hidden modes, more than one wizard mode and they are still not done!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Shouldn't it be...I played it, and played it some more, now I'm buying it?

Not sure if is the case for VisitorQ, but it is not always possible to get an opportunity to play games before buying. Some areas are pretty dry for machines in the wild.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I agree.
    The game is cool but it's a points game and there is nothing wrong with that. I just would rather shoot for a start and end when playing at home, not for a high score. Xmen has alot going for it. Hidden modes, more than one wizard mode and they are still not done!

Well it seems that each song is a mode with different goals and stuff....some songs use the lower playfield, some songs are more about the cannon, some songs are about hitting certain shots and targets. So, it does have modes, just not with the usual narrative of a character-based game. Once you finish the goals in a song, you can start a different song with different goals.

#10 11 years ago

Yeah, if you want a mode based pin XM is definitely the way to go vs AC/DC. I personally much prefer the game play of AC/DC though.

#11 11 years ago

You couldnt pay me to keep Xmen LE over ACDC. Thats what your buying if you decide to get a ACDC pin. I much prefer the way it works then how it does with say GnR. Once you get the hang of it youll be playing more & more songs. If I were you I would try my best to go out & play both before making the background music being the deciding factor. Gameplay there is no comparison.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

I've thought about it and thought about it, buying one. I don't care how many are selling theirs, I just think it is going to be a great game in time. AC/DC is cool but I just can't get by the fact that the music just repeats over and over. Multiball starts, same music. I think what killed if for me was watching the video of Trent playing it a Papa's, boring. I like how the announcers hyped it all to hell over a score, funny stuff!
    Again... AC/DC is cool and I may get one day but for now I prefer a mode game, Xmen it is!

#12 11 years ago

Ive played both i would take xmen any day over acdc.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

You couldnt pay me to keep Xmen LE over ACDC. Thats what your buying if you decide to get a ACDC pin. I much prefer the way it works then how it does with say GnR. Once you get the hang of it youll be playing more & more songs. If I were you I would try my best to go out & play both before making the background music being the deciding factor. Gameplay there is no comparison.

When it comes to gameplay/design I think it comes down to -
    AC/DC: Safe & familiar
    X-Men: Tougher & harder (yet satisfying IMO)

A lot of players clearly prefer the two-ramp back 'n forth fan layout style....that's partially why AFM, MM, MB are so popular. It's clear why AC/DC would be appealing for this reason to those players. X-Men has harder, further, tighter, more precise shots. This is going to frustrate some people.

Personally I like X-Men's design-style since I already have (or have had) lots of games with AC/DC's type of layout. Other people have entire collections of this one type of layout.

Different strokes, baby!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

A lot of players clearly prefer the two-ramp back 'n forth fan layout style....that's partially why AFM, MM, MB are so popular. It's clear why AC/DC would be appealing for this reason to those players. X-Men has harder, further, tighter, more precise shots. This is going to frustrate some people.
    Personally I like X-Men's design-style since I already have (or have had) lots of games with AC/DC's type of layout. Other people have entire collections of this one type of layout.
    Different strokes, baby!

I agree that its the safer more common design but no game has ever incorporated the risk reward software like ACDC has. Every ball feels like such a rush when you keep pushing it further & further to try & create a super high Song Jackpot.

Xmen as of right now just doesnt have that pull me back feel to it. Maybe it changes if they figure out a better code but I dont have a ton of faith with this new crew as of right now.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Not sure if is the case for VisitorQ, but it is not always possible to get an opportunity to play games before buying. Some areas are pretty dry for machines in the wild.

I disagree. In most areas you'll find someone in driving distance that bought one, or is getting one delivered. There are plenty of places in the US to fly to. Flight are getting cheap now. Worst case, I'd rather take a day trip and drop 300 on a roundtrip flight to check out a game, before I drop $7000.00 on a machine. Gives me an excuse to go to Vegas. It's like buying a car that you never drove. I'd like to know what I'm getting before I spend that kind of money. Getting stuck with a game sucks. It's not worth the risk imo. Always play before you buy. You might end up with a big headache.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I agree that its the safer more common design but no game has ever incorporated the risk reward software like ACDC has. Every ball feels like such a rush when you keep pushing it further & further to try & create a super high Song Jackpot.
    Xmen as of right now just doesnt have that pull me back feel to it. Maybe it changes if they figure out a better code but I dont have a ton of faith with this new crew as of right now.

Yeah, it's just different styles. I happen to like both styles but I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone. AC/DC is more of a "tournament game" and X-Men is more of a story/experience game with a video gamer mentality about it. I enjoy "fighting" the villains and trying to defeat them.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I disagree. In most areas you'll find someone in driving distance that bought one, or is getting one delivered. There are plenty of places in the US to fly to. Flight are getting cheap now. Worst case, I'd rather take a day trip and drop 300 on a roundtrip flight to check out a game, before I drop $7000.00 on a machine. Gives me an excuse to go to Vegas. It's like buying a car that you never drove. I'd like to know what I'm getting before I spend that kind of money. Getting stuck with a game sucks. It's not worth the risk imo. Always play before you buy. You might end up with a big headache.

+1....Have to agree with everything he said.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Different strokes, baby!

Everything you said here is right except the part about acdc being easier. It's definitely not. Acdc is uniquely cheap - and not necessarily in a good way. The design is intentionally created to send the ball into the direction of the outlane on every missed shot. Having angled targets at the center of the playfield is extremely cheap. Steve Ritchie is a master of "where will the ball go if it hits here" so all this is intentional. The outlane gap, even with the outlanes closed is larger than most games. The ball is constantly sent into the slingshots. It's ridiculously cheap and can be inferiorating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not selling mine (yet). The game has its fun times. But I'd say acdc is more difficult than xmen. Way shorter ball times. And I've never beaten the three mb - which would be required in order to progress on to wizard mode if it did exist. I have beaten album mb once. That's it. On xmen, I have beaten every mode more than once so I know it's at least possible. And average game times are a lot longer than acdc - granted there's a lot more to do.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

And I've never beaten the three mb - which would be required in order to progress on to wizard mode if it did exist.

Why do you assume this? This is a Lyman Ruleset and I cant recall any of his other games being required to do so. Id assume most likely playing 6 songs may equal mini wizard & all 12 = Encore.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Why do you assume this? This is a Lyman Ruleset and I cant recall any of his other games being required to do so. Id assume most likely playing 6 songs may equal mini wizard & all 12 = Encore.

Because the insert changes once the mb is beaten. The songs are not modes and changing song does not progress the game. At least how it stands now. As fit Lyman rules, super jackpot was required to progress to conquer the universe in afm. You must beat each monster in monster bash to get monsters of Rock. You must beat every mode in tron to get portal. Completion is used in Lymans rules.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Because the insert changes once the mb is beaten. The songs are not modes and changing song does not progress the game. At least how it stands now. As fit Lyman rules, super jackpot was required to progress to conquer the universe in afm. You must beat each monster in Monster Bash to get monsters of Rock. You must beat every mode in tron to get portal. Completion is used in Lymans rules.

All thats doing is showing you that youve collected the SJ. Did you watch the ACDC promo where SR said play all 12 songs to reach Encore mode???

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

All thats doing is showing you that youve collected the SJ. Did you watch the ACDC promo where SR said play all 12 songs to reach Encore mode???

Yea but the game does not play st all that way. Further, the jukebox lights are not lit consistently with which songs were played. No reward is given for changing songs. What you are suggesting is an entirely different style of completion based game.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Yea but the game does not play st all that way. Further, the jukebox lights are not lit consistently with which songs were played. No reward is given for changing songs. What you are suggesting is an entirely different style of completion based game.

The end reward to playing all 12 songs will be Encore mode. Once ouve played a song & go to select a new one the songs already played will be lit & unavailable.

http://sternpinball.com/Media/Videos/Games/acdc-premium-rules.aspx

2:22 in the vid.

I win, You Lose.....

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

The end reward to playing all 12 songs will be Encore mode.
    http://sternpinball.com/Media/Videos/Games/acdc-premium-rules.aspx
    2:22 in the vid.
    I win, You Lose.....

Your response quoted what I said but didn't address anything I said. So it does not make sense.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Your response quoted what I said but didn't address anything I said. So it does not make sense.

How did it not address it? Why does there need to be a reward for changing the song? Maybe a mini wizard mode is put in after playing 6 songs. But as it was explained by the person who designed the game that the "REWARD" for playing all 12 songs was Encore Scoring mode.

Sure seems like a reward to me doesnt it???

#26 11 years ago

Back on topic, I wouldn't concern myself much with the number of people selling theirs OP. With 550 in existence only 2-3% are selling. That is not bad for what most bought sight unseen. I know my Wolverine No. 003 is never going to go on the market; I think most owners feel similarly.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

How did it not address it? Why does there need to be a reward for changing the song? Maybe a mini wizard mode is put in after playing 6 songs. But as it was explained by the person who designed the game that the "REWARD" for playing all 12 songs was Encore Scoring mode.
    Sure seems like a reward to me doesnt it???

It doesn't address any of it. The game doesn't play that way at all. Not addressed. Rather than having a discussion you seem to be more excited to say "I win, you lose". (Quite persuasive).

As I said, it will require a major change in how the game works today rather than just adding encore. Right now, you can just play one song. And lights on the jukebox are lit up - more than the one song you have been playing. There seem to be completion inserts at the bottom of the playfield but you're saying they are not used for completion. I'm ok with that. But in order for encore to be achieved by having songs being progress able modes, something more needs to be done than tacking on a wizard mode. As it stands now, the game doesn't play in such a manner that changing songs is ever required or even desirable unless you just want a change of pace. The songs do not play out as modes and it's not clear when you have completed said mode or even what needs to be done to complete it. The game does not play this way. That's what I said. It will take significant rule changes to make the game play this way.

Perhaps something like:
    - Song jukebox only lights songs that have been completed. Current song flashes.
    - You start a song and the area to shoot changes somehow.
    - You hit that area and the notes light up.
    - You pick them off and the red notes light.
    - Hit them and now the only lit shot is jukebox.
    - Hit that. Some acknowledgement of completion occurs and now you must change the song.
    - At this point, the song you completed is lit on the jukebox and the new song you are playing is flashing on the jukebox.
    The game plays nothing like this now.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It doesn't address any of it. The game doesn't play that way at all. Not addressed. Rather than having a discussion you seem to be more excited to say "I win, you lose". (Quite persuasive).
    As I said, it will require a major change in how the game works today rather than just adding encore. Right now, you can just play one song. And lights on the jukebox are lit up - more than the one song you have been playing. There seem to be completion inserts at the bottom of the playfield but you're saying they are not used for completion. I'm ok with that. But in order for encore to be achieved by having songs being progress able modes, something more needs to be done than tacking on a wizard mode. As it stands now, the game doesn't play in such a manner that changing songs is ever required or even desirable unless you just want a change of pace. The songs do not play out as modes and it's not clear when you have completed said mode or even what needs to be done to complete it. The game does not play this way. That's what I said. It will take significant rule changes to make the game play this way.
    Perhaps something like:
    - Song jukebox only lights songs that have been completed. Current song flashes.
    - You start a song and the area to shoot changes somehow.
    - You hit that area and the notes light up.
    - You pick them off and the red notes light.
    - Hit them and now the only lit shot is jukebox.
    - Hit that. Some acknowledgement of completion occurs and now you must change the song.
    - At this point, the song you completed is lit on the jukebox and the new song you are playing is flashing on the jukebox.
    The game plays nothing like this now.

While you are playing one song all it's doing it lighting up the shots in the game as you hit them thus counting down your bonus at the end of the ball. Did you even watch the video? How are we still debating this?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

While you are playing one song all it's doing it lighting up the shots in the game as you hit them thus counting down your bonus. Did you even watch the video? How are we still debating this?

Yes. I've watched the video. The video cannot be relied on as it has false information in it. The video incorrectly tells you how the lower playfield works - it doesn't work anything like it says in the video.

And I've stated, that's not how it works now. In the video it never addresses the lights on the jukebox. They're a mess. Can you explain how they work now? Why are six lit when I've only played one song?

In the video it only talks about song shots *for increased scoring*. Nothing in the video talks about shots counting down for bonus or for song completion. The video does not cover how to complete a song. Instead, its all about score. The video states you can start encore. It says "complete all songs" once but never says how. None of the video is dedicated to any form of completing anything. Neither is the rule card. Neither the video nor the rule card nor bowens tutorial covered notes collected count towards completing the song modes to progress through the game. It's currently all about scoring.

Go watch it and see for yourself. Please point out time segments where the jukebox is explained or where any completion is actually explained.
    That is why we are debating this.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Yes. I've watched the video. The video cannot be relied on as it has false information in it. The video incorrectly tells you how the lower playfield works - it doesn't work anything like it says in the video.
    And I've stated, that's not how it works now. In the video it never addresses the lights on the jukebox. They're a mess. Can you explain how they work now? Why are six lit when I've only played one song?
    In the video it only talks about song shots *for increased scoring*. Nothing in the video talks about shots counting down for bonus or for song completion. The video does not cover how to complete a song. Instead, its all about score. The video states you can start encore. It says "complete all songs" once but never says how. None of the video is dedicated to any form of completing anything. Neither is the rule card. Neither the video nor the rule card nor bowens tutorial covered notes collected count towards completing the song modes to progress through the game. It's currently all about scoring.
    Go watch it and see for yourself. Please point out time segments where the jukebox is explained or where any completion is actually explained.
    That is why we are debating this.

I told you how it works. The songs in the back are lit up as you make during a song. For example if you are playing war machine and you shoot the left ramp rock n roll train will be lit on the juke. If you complete the center drops TNT will be lit. All this goes towards busing your bonus. Once your ball drains all if them become unlit.

Seems simple enough to me.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Everything you said here is right except the part about acdc being easier.

I didn't say that. I said it was familiar.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Exactly. There are plenty of pins that can frustrate me in terms of kicking my ass, but they keep me coming back for more. They make me want to push the start button again and again so I can finally win the battle. X-Men doesn't do that for me at all. Just not a very satisfying pin for me as it sits now.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

The problem with this is that even if I had a day to spend on X-Men, I probably would have been so impressed with how it looked, how it sounded, the dots, and all the very cool modes (and lots of them), that I would have been very excited and impressed, and would have wanted one. But it takes longer to figure out how the pin actually plays, shoots, and how the rules come together (or in this case, don't).

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The problem with this is that even if I had a day to spend on X-Men, I probably would have been so impressed with how it looked, how it sounded, the dots, and all the very cool modes (and lots of them), that I would have been very excited and impressed, and would have wanted one. But it takes longer to figure out how the pin actually plays, shoots, and how the rules come together (or in this case, don't).

It's only v.1.2, dude. Even AC/DC got v.1.52 as of May. Give it another code update or two. People gave up on SM and BDK, too.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It's only v.1.2, dude. Even AC/DC got v.1.52 as of May. Give it another code update or two. People gave up on SM and BDK, too.

I realize that, but it will never change how the pin shoots. Updated code might address some of the other things that I don't care for though. I'm not selling yet anyway.

Also, AC/DC is a pin that I've played enough now that even if they never touched the code again I'd like it way more than X-Men. I've definitely seen enough to know that I can buy a Premium NIB.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I realize that, but it will never change how the pin shoots. Updated code might address some of the other things that I don't care for though. I'm not selling yet anyway.

I kinda don't get it....if you like how Tron shoots, how come you don't like how X-Men shoots? The layouts are very similar in terms of shots and flow (but reversed). They have thru the pops & upper flipper to ramp shot...or to Gem/Rogue. Cyclops=Quorra. Left orbit to pops=right orbit to pops. Magneto/Xavier shots take the place of the disc shot I suppose. *shrug* I dunno...when I pre-ordered, I guessed I'd like how X-Men played based on how I love the way Tron plays....for me it worked out....not sure what's not working for you just in terms of shooting. The code stuff & bugs, I understand.

#37 11 years ago

AC/DC plays well but I do prefer the music change of GNR. When I hit Mulitball in that I feel like something is happening when in AC/DC there is just no change to get me hyped. No intro, no nothing...

I do like the back to back ramps on AC/DC, that is great! What I don't like is how the cannon slows down ball play especially when you get those ramps going!! I do love the train horn and the bell gong is awesome but the call outs from Ritchie... Meh. I know Xmen does not have the greatest voice work but the 3,2,1 your dead... G A Y

Personally I think they should put Ritchie's head on the LE version since it is as big as a jar, much bigger than Young's. ; )

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

AC/DC plays well but I do prefer the music change of GNR. When I hit Mulitball in that I feel like something is happening when in AC/DC there is just no change to get me hyped. No intro, no nothing...
    I do like the back to back ramps on AC/DC, that is great! What I don't like is how the cannon slows down ball play especially when you get those ramps going!! I do love the train horn and the bell gong is awesome but the call outs from Ritchie... Meh. I know Xmen does not have the greatest voice work but the 3,2,1 your dead... G A Y
    Personally I think they should put Ritchie's head on the LE version since it is as big as a jar, much bigger than Young's. ; )

Wait till you see the new intro to multiball. It's pretty cool. Many of the features coming in the ACDC code update are pretty sweet.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I kinda don't get it....if you like how Tron shoots, how come you don't like how X-Men shoots? The layouts are very similar in terms of shots and flow (but reversed). They have thru the pops & upper flipper to ramp shot...or to Gem/Rogue. Cyclops=Quorra. Left orbit to pops=right orbit to pops. Magneto/Xavier shots take the place of the disc shot I suppose. *shrug* I dunno...when I pre-ordered, I guessed I'd like how X-Men played based on how I love the way Tron plays....for me it worked out....not sure what's not working for you just in terms of shooting. The code stuff & bugs, I understand.

Are you seriously saying that they shoot the same? I sure as hell don't think so.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Are you seriously saying that they shoot the same? I sure as hell don't think so.

Agreed. As an owner of both machines Tron and XMen do not shoot similar or feel similar. We are not talking about Family Guy and Shrek here. An inverted (mirrored) field makes a monster difference.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Tron doesn't have the flow killing Rouge shot.

#42 11 years ago

Spent over an hour today on the X-Men Pro machines. Thought Wolferine toy a bit clunky and the call outs very bad. Just couldn't get into the flow of the game. So glad I passed on this one....
    Backbox animations were very good though.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I looked at the layout on preorder and also ordered for the same reason. And it worked out well for me aswell. However, tron shoots totally differently. They really have a different feel. Just goes to show that a similar layout doesn't equal a similar game even in shot flow feeling.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Not the same, but similar. I just spelled it out...they're similarly laid out Borg games. This is no secret. People were calling it "Reverse Tron" from the moment the initial designs were leaked. In what way is X-Men so fundamentally different to you that you enjoy the way Tron shoots but not the way X-Men shoots? 3 flippers, an upper ramp shot, a low scoop, thru-the-pops orbit, a horse-shoe loop. I guess I'm the crazy one here lol.

Quoted from smassa:

Tron doesn't have the flow killing Rouge shot.

LOL...I love this mentality I'm seeing a lot where people say that any shot that stops anything is "flow killing" or say that drop targets "slow things down"....and that these are bad and horrible things that must be avoided. Every game, even the flowiest of flowies has stuff that stops the ball. AC/DC from Sir Flowmaster Steve has a saucer that stops the ball. It has a cannon that stops the ball. It has a bell that stops the ball. It has pops that stop the ball. It has drop targets that allegedly 'slow down' the ball. I really wish people would get over "flow killers"....all games have things that stop the ball....and it's perfectly OK.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I looked at the layout on preorder and also ordered for the same reason. And it worked out well for me aswell. However, tron shoots totally differently

Maybe I don't understand the context of the word "shoot" then.

I think X-Men plays differently, sure...skill shot is inherently different...there's no "batting cage" disc to whip the ball at you, obviously the rules are totally different.....but when i think "shoot" I think "ball from flipper and the sequences that follow". So, to me - shooting thru the pops then to the ramp from the upper flipper is a similar "shoot". Shooting Quorra to the upper flipper is a similar "shoot" as Cyclops to the upper flipper. Shooting the low scoop is a similar "shoot" ...yes, obviously there's PLENTY of different stuff....a shot to the upper ramp goes to the opposite side on Tron but the same side on X-Men....the Magneto Lock and Xavier shot is different than the disc....but the point is, they both have a similar Borgishness to them - and what I got is what I expected based on my enjoying of shooting Tron.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...I love this mentality I'm seeing a lot where people say that any shot that stops anything is "flow killing" or say that drop targets "slow things down"....and that these are bad and horrible things that must be avoided. Every game, even the flowiest of flowies has stuff that stops the ball. AC/DC from Sir Flowmaster Steve has a saucer that stops the ball. It has a cannon that stops the ball. It has a bell that stops the ball. It has pops that stop the ball. It has drop targets that allegedly 'slow down' the ball. I really wish people would get over "flow killers"....all games have things that stop the ball....and it's perfectly OK.

Damnit! What's going on today?? Again I totally agree with this. (I had more fun when I disagreed with everything you said). People actually take this to the next level and claim the pro that doesn't have a moving bell or drop targets is better because it's faster. I think it's stupid and crazy. The game needs to have good and fun stuff to shoot at. You could have an empty playfield full of standup targets with two orbits, no ramps, and that would be the fastest game in the world. But man would it suck.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Wait till you see the new intro to multiball. It's pretty cool. Many of the features coming in the ACDC code update are pretty sweet.

Seen it a Papa's, it's not that great.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Not the same, but similar. I just spelled it out...they're similarly laid out Borg games. This is no secret. People were calling it "Reverse Tron" from the moment the initial designs were leaked. In what way is X-Men so fundamentally different to you that you enjoy the way Tron shoots but not the way X-Men shoots? 3 flippers, an upper ramp shot, a low scoop, thru-the-pops orbit, a horse-shoe loop. I guess I'm the crazy one here lol.

Point was like Ive said before the shot could have been sooo much better had it just had an up post to divert the ball to the lock or let it continue on its way if lock had not been lit. As for ACDC, do the drops stop and catch the ball? The swinging bell incorporates a sweet shot in tryin to get the ball in the scoop for hells bells mode. Cannon is the major devise in order to score the song jackpot.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Seen it a Papa's, it's not that great.

You only saw a brief glimpse of things. But hey it's cool enjoy your Xmen. I'd buy HUO over NIB though if I were you.

#50 11 years ago

I firmly believe the next revision of the code will make or break this game but I will bet 6+ large it will be a better game than it is today.

All the shots and toys are there, it's all down to the code.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-xmen-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.