(Topic ID: 259698)

Buying Rick & Morty? If so, which category are you? (Take the poll!)

By goingincirclez

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which cherry did your R&M order pop?”

• FIRST NIB *and* FIRST SPOOKY pin 43 votes
    17%
  • FIRST NIB, but I already own(ed) a Spooky game (secondhand TNA, ACNC, RZ, etc) 2 votes
    1%
  • Not first NIB, but first Spooky pin 79 votes
    32%
  • Not my first NIBrrrrruuuaarrp or Spooky: I'm Pinhead Rick!!! 95 votes
    39%
  • I'm a NOOB NOOB: it's my first pin of any sort (!) 6 votes
    2%
  • Nunyadambizniss so farkoff 21 votes
    9%

(246 votes)

#1 4 years ago

The main thread has several anecdotal posts to the effect of "it's my first Spooky" and/or "first NIB" or "first both" or "neither" and so on, etc... scattered in that 8K post haystack.

I find this very interesting: what other pins have had that kind of first-time buyer response? How large a percentage is the first time NIB / first time Spooky customer for this title? It's probably too late to add a poll to the original thread and if this has been done already elsewhere I missed it. So anyway. Buying R&M? Hopefully the poll is self-explanatory! Feel free to share details in comments if you like, although that stuff was probably covered in the umpteen other threads...

#2 4 years ago

I voted "Not my first NIB or Spooky" ....but, it IS my first NIB Spooky. I bought TNA from a friend.

#3 4 years ago

As I mentioned in the R&M thread, this is my first NIB and my first Spooky. My collection mainly consists of late 70’s to mid 80’s SS games, with 6 of them being widebodies. While TNA has been on my wishlist for a while I have yet to pick one up. I don’t have an allegiance to any particular manufacturer and I don’t consider myself a geek about pinball. I’m too shitty of a player to be a geek about it. I couldn’t tell you who designed what machine or how well it shoots. What I could tell you is whether or not I had any fun playing it. I’ve looked at plenty of NIB titles over the years but none of them were “Oh shit, I’ve gotta have that”. Then came R&M and that was it. As soon as it was announced I knew I had to have it. I am a fan of the show and have watched it for a couple years. Am I an R&M geek? No. Is it worth buying the pin NIB? For me, yes. 1) It truly is an awesome title. I mean, how could you not want an R&M pinball machine? 2) And most important: I am all for supporting the Little Guy. In this case the Little Guy is a very small, family owned manufacturer that cares about its employees, cares about its products and, last but not least, cares about their customers. To me that makes it worth every penny of the NIB, Butter Cab, Art Blade, Knocker Equipped BSE that I will be purchasing.

#4 4 years ago

What Deezer said.

Only I don't have as many pins as he does.

#5 4 years ago

Rick and Morty is my first NIB and first modern pin.

I have a bunch of EM’s and a few early solid state games.

Very excited to have gotten to be one of the 750.

#6 4 years ago

Have NIB (but not yet delivered) TNA and ACNC.

#7 4 years ago

Adding R&M as my first NIB to accompany my not-NIB Shadow.

#8 4 years ago

I picked up TNA directly from Spooky. It wasn't in a box

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I picked up TNA directly from Spooky. It wasn't in a box

Oh look here we got a real *brrrup* snowflake over here Morty!

I consider that a "not first NIB or Spooky" situation. BUT you raise a good point: I'm planning to pick up my game as well but it wouldn't fit in my vehicle(s) in the traditional "standup" box... so it might not actually make sense to be boxed in the first place! Unless I rented a truck just for that reason. Is the unboxing experience really that important? Might be better for Spooky and the environment if I say "just leave it set up and we'll break it down for loadup".

~~~~

As for the poll, I'm glad there's some real Ricks selecting the "fuck off" option - all in good fun right? But in the proper spirit of things: not one, but TWO noob-noobs? "God-damn!!" Don't know what's more surprising: noob-noobs, or no secondhand spooky owners going for their first new one. I thought those values would be reversed.

Anyway, thanks to all participating!

#10 4 years ago

I bought a nib GBLE and a nib RZ. Said I would never buy nib again but here we go again.

That said it was never a spooky issue they have great customer service and always took care of me.
I'll never buy a nib stern again or jjp though.

#11 4 years ago

This is my 3rd NIB after WOZrr and ACNC. Obviously my second Spooky after ACNC.

#12 4 years ago

R&M will be my 3rd direct pickup from Spooky. TNA and ACNC were both wrapped but not boxed to save material and time for Spooky and myself. The only real NIB I had was Iron Maiden Pro and only thanks to the great people at Project Pinball.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I consider that a "not first NIB or Spooky" situation. BUT you raise a good point: I'm planning to pick up my game as well but it wouldn't fit in my vehicle(s) in the traditional "standup" box... so it might not actually make sense to be boxed in the first place! Unless I rented a truck just for that reason. Is the unboxing experience really that important? Might be better for Spooky and the environment if I say "just leave it set up and we'll break it down for loadup".

Yeah, I was just joking. I did vote "not first NIB or Spooky". My guess is Spooky would box your game if you were picking it up and specifically asked for one but defaults to no box.

#14 4 years ago

I have never seen R&M!! I have never heard of R&M!!I want a pin thats more adult oriented ! I love my RZ!!Spooky fills the bill !!!!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I want a pin thats more adult oriented !

Doesn't get any more adult oriented than TV-MA for mature audiences...

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

~~~~
As for the poll, I'm glad there's some real Ricks selecting the "fuck off" option - all in good fun right? But in the proper spirit of things: not one, but TWO noob-noobs? "God-damn!!" Don't know what's more surprising: noob-noobs, or no secondhand spooky owners going for their first new one. I thought those values would be reversed.
Anyway, thanks to all participating!

I picked up my ACNC from Spooky. No box. Was expertly wrapped with shipping blankets and plastic wrap. It was easily slipped into my RAV4 by the Spooky crew. When I got home, I easily slid out the back half of ACNC, unwrapped it to expose the cab leg connectors, attached the back legs, put my hydraulic lift under and lifted the pin out of the vehicle, put on the front legs, moved it into the house with the lift, and viola it was set up. Easy peasy. IMO, unless being shipped, the box is a pain in the ass. I’ve moved in pins NIB and they are more of a pain to set up.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Have NIB (but not yet delivered) TNA and ACNC.

Holy crap....how long have you been waiting?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:I have never seen R&M!! I have never heard of R&M!!I want a pin thats more adult oriented ! I love my RZ!!Spooky fills the bill !!!!

For God's sake what are you waiting for? Get on it!!! Lucky man.... like watching a classic for the first time...

1 month later
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Holy crap....how long have you been waiting?

I’ve been waiting a while, but that was my choice given my living location. I think it’s the second to last TNA manufactured. I had both TNA and ACNC playfields sent to Ronald Kruzman for extra clear. I’m not in a hurry. Hopefully they'll be ready soon though.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’ve been waiting a while, but that was my choice given my living location. I think it’s the second to last TNA manufactured. I had both TNA and ACNC playfields sent to Ronald Kruzman for extra clear. I’m not in a hurry. Hopefully they'll be ready soon though.

Word is you will not need the extra clear for RaM. You going to do it anyway for consistency?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have never seen R&M!! I have never heard of R&M!!I want a pin thats more adult oriented ! I love my RZ!!Spooky fills the bill !!!!

You're missing out. Watch it. ASAP.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Word is you will not need the extra clear for RaM. You going to do it anyway for consistency?

This is what I'm wondering @toucanf16, what do you think about the Kruzman playfields?

#23 4 years ago

The only Spooky pin I haven’t cared for is Rom Zombie. But, the art work is first rate and the call outs are good. Just not much fun for me. I love America’s Most Haunted still today and Nightmare Castle is a keeper. TNA is a great game. Fast and furious.

1 month later
#24 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Ron Kruzman is the gold standard. I’m doing it for consistency on my Spooky pins. I also have a bunch of his PFs on my other pins. His work is phenomenal.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Ron Kruzman is the gold standard. I’m doing it for consistency on my Spooky pins. I also have a bunch of his PFs on my other pins. His work is phenomenal.

I too opted for a Kruzman. Sure it’s not necessary, but neither is the butter cabinet and both look amazing.

What number are you @toucanf16?

#26 3 years ago

This will be my 8th nib pin and second Spooky pin (TNA).

Why did I pick R&M over a comparable price of JJP, CGC, Stern machine?

I really love the theme (I am a noob to R&M never even heard of it until the pinball machine was announced but once I saw the show I was impressed). I love than the voice and creative talent and assets are being uses so fully, even that future episodes could be used(!) this is so cool.

I have been into video games since Pac-Man and recall how Dragon's Lair was so much improved compared to video games of the day this was almost 40 years ago. Compare video on Tron to R&M like Spy Hunter to Dragon's Lair.

I love what Scott did with TNA, he over delivered with that game. I am not saying TNA is over an above comparable price games from the major producers but Spooky is at a big disadvantage compared to the money and resources the was major players have to work with, so Scott had to go above and beyond and deliver more than I thought was possible from a small company, in terms of sound and lights TNA is one of the best ever bar none.

I see R&M as next step for Scott and Spooky where Scott doesn't need to do all the rules and he's able focus on the sound and lights, more talent including Bowens, Eric and not to mention all the talent that went into the R&M show.

Finally while I was more concerned with the layout of R&M it's not flowing like Iron Maiden for example but it looks different than most pins with the pop/sling and the dimension portal. I have been watching so much of the gameplay videos and while it's not an easy pin it seem like the shots are a good mix of easy and hard. Also the rules are very funny and unique.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I too opted for a Kruzman. Sure it’s not necessary, but neither is the butter cabinet and both look amazing.
What number are you toucanf16?

332 from KingPin Games with a butter cab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-rick-amp-morty-if-so-which-category-are-you-take-the-poll?hl=fymf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.