(Topic ID: 259698)

Buying Rick & Morty? If so, which category are you? (Take the poll!)

By goingincirclez

8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Lobo2k
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which cherry did your R&M order pop?”

• FIRST NIB *and* FIRST SPOOKY pin 37 votes
    18%
  • FIRST NIB, but I already own(ed) a Spooky game (secondhand TNA, ACNC, RZ, etc) 2 votes
    1%
  • Not first NIB, but first Spooky pin 70 votes
    34%
  • Not my first NIBrrrrruuuaarrp or Spooky: I'm Pinhead Rick!!! 82 votes
    39%
  • I'm a NOOB NOOB: it's my first pin of any sort (!) 3 votes
    1%
  • Nunyadambizniss so farkoff 14 votes
    7%

(208 votes)

#1 8 days ago

The main thread has several anecdotal posts to the effect of "it's my first Spooky" and/or "first NIB" or "first both" or "neither" and so on, etc... scattered in that 8K post haystack.

I find this very interesting: what other pins have had that kind of first-time buyer response? How large a percentage is the first time NIB / first time Spooky customer for this title? It's probably too late to add a poll to the original thread and if this has been done already elsewhere I missed it. So anyway. Buying R&M? Hopefully the poll is self-explanatory! Feel free to share details in comments if you like, although that stuff was probably covered in the umpteen other threads...

#2 8 days ago

I voted "Not my first NIB or Spooky" ....but, it IS my first NIB Spooky. I bought TNA from a friend.

#3 8 days ago

As I mentioned in the R&M thread, this is my first NIB and my first Spooky. My collection mainly consists of late 70’s to mid 80’s SS games, with 6 of them being widebodies. While TNA has been on my wishlist for a while I have yet to pick one up. I don’t have an allegiance to any particular manufacturer and I don’t consider myself a geek about pinball. I’m too shitty of a player to be a geek about it. I couldn’t tell you who designed what machine or how well it shoots. What I could tell you is whether or not I had any fun playing it. I’ve looked at plenty of NIB titles over the years but none of them were “Oh shit, I’ve gotta have that”. Then came R&M and that was it. As soon as it was announced I knew I had to have it. I am a fan of the show and have watched it for a couple years. Am I an R&M geek? No. Is it worth buying the pin NIB? For me, yes. 1) It truly is an awesome title. I mean, how could you not want an R&M pinball machine? 2) And most important: I am all for supporting the Little Guy. In this case the Little Guy is a very small, family owned manufacturer that cares about its employees, cares about its products and, last but not least, cares about their customers. To me that makes it worth every penny of the NIB, Butter Cab, Art Blade, Knocker Equipped BSE that I will be purchasing.

#4 8 days ago

What Deezer said.

Only I don't have as many pins as he does.

#5 8 days ago

Rick and Morty is my first NIB and first modern pin.

I have a bunch of EM’s and a few early solid state games.

Very excited to have gotten to be one of the 750.

#6 8 days ago

Have NIB (but not yet delivered) TNA and ACNC.

#7 8 days ago

Adding R&M as my first NIB to accompany my not-NIB Shadow.

#8 8 days ago

I picked up TNA directly from Spooky. It wasn't in a box

#9 8 days ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I picked up TNA directly from Spooky. It wasn't in a box

Oh look here we got a real *brrrup* snowflake over here Morty!

I consider that a "not first NIB or Spooky" situation. BUT you raise a good point: I'm planning to pick up my game as well but it wouldn't fit in my vehicle(s) in the traditional "standup" box... so it might not actually make sense to be boxed in the first place! Unless I rented a truck just for that reason. Is the unboxing experience really that important? Might be better for Spooky and the environment if I say "just leave it set up and we'll break it down for loadup".

~~~~

As for the poll, I'm glad there's some real Ricks selecting the "fuck off" option - all in good fun right? But in the proper spirit of things: not one, but TWO noob-noobs? "God-damn!!" Don't know what's more surprising: noob-noobs, or no secondhand spooky owners going for their first new one. I thought those values would be reversed.

Anyway, thanks to all participating!

#10 8 days ago

I bought a nib GBLE and a nib RZ. Said I would never buy nib again but here we go again.

That said it was never a spooky issue they have great customer service and always took care of me.
I'll never buy a nib stern again or jjp though.

#11 8 days ago

This is my 3rd NIB after WOZrr and ACNC. Obviously my second Spooky after ACNC.

#12 8 days ago

R&M will be my 3rd direct pickup from Spooky. TNA and ACNC were both wrapped but not boxed to save material and time for Spooky and myself. The only real NIB I had was Iron Maiden Pro and only thanks to the great people at Project Pinball.

#13 8 days ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I consider that a "not first NIB or Spooky" situation. BUT you raise a good point: I'm planning to pick up my game as well but it wouldn't fit in my vehicle(s) in the traditional "standup" box... so it might not actually make sense to be boxed in the first place! Unless I rented a truck just for that reason. Is the unboxing experience really that important? Might be better for Spooky and the environment if I say "just leave it set up and we'll break it down for loadup".

Yeah, I was just joking. I did vote "not first NIB or Spooky". My guess is Spooky would box your game if you were picking it up and specifically asked for one but defaults to no box.

#14 7 days ago

I have never seen R&M!! I have never heard of R&M!!I want a pin thats more adult oriented ! I love my RZ!!Spooky fills the bill !!!!

#15 7 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I want a pin thats more adult oriented !

Doesn't get any more adult oriented than TV-MA for mature audiences...

#16 7 days ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

~~~~
As for the poll, I'm glad there's some real Ricks selecting the "fuck off" option - all in good fun right? But in the proper spirit of things: not one, but TWO noob-noobs? "God-damn!!" Don't know what's more surprising: noob-noobs, or no secondhand spooky owners going for their first new one. I thought those values would be reversed.
Anyway, thanks to all participating!

I picked up my ACNC from Spooky. No box. Was expertly wrapped with shipping blankets and plastic wrap. It was easily slipped into my RAV4 by the Spooky crew. When I got home, I easily slid out the back half of ACNC, unwrapped it to expose the cab leg connectors, attached the back legs, put my hydraulic lift under and lifted the pin out of the vehicle, put on the front legs, moved it into the house with the lift, and viola it was set up. Easy peasy. IMO, unless being shipped, the box is a pain in the ass. I’ve moved in pins NIB and they are more of a pain to set up.

#17 2 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Have NIB (but not yet delivered) TNA and ACNC.

Holy crap....how long have you been waiting?

#18 2 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:I have never seen R&M!! I have never heard of R&M!!I want a pin thats more adult oriented ! I love my RZ!!Spooky fills the bill !!!!

For God's sake what are you waiting for? Get on it!!! Lucky man.... like watching a classic for the first time...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside