(Topic ID: 274294)

Buying pin from unknown, non-pinsider, out of state best options???

By kray37

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

itsatrap (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kray37.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys, I’m looking to purchase an out of state pin but obviously do not know the guy and he’s not on Pinside, although he has several nice pins in his collection.
    I need advice on how to proceed and ship this pin safely without scams, or is there??
    How can I tell if he’s legit and what the best payment plan for this? I have all type of payment options. Also STI still shipping?

Sorry it’s been awhile since I’ve made a purchase out of state

Thanks for any advise!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from silen7ce:

I wouldn't buy a game that I couldn't test and pick up myself unless it was from someone very well known to me. Only exception would be ebay because paypal/ebay will typically side with the buyer if there is an issue. With that said ebay prices are usually way to high so I avoid that as well. Depending how far it is I'd make a trip out of it.

It’s in PA and I’m in Tx...ughh

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cudaman:

Speak to the seller over the phone and ask questions. Get a vibe about the seller from that conversation. Do a zoom call so the seller can show you the game and highlight any issues with it. Ask the seller to describe how they with pack and ship the pin if you buy it. Get detailed background on the seller about how many games bought/sold and why selling the one you are looking at. Everybody doesn't know about pinside, so that should not be a requirement. Many payment option, but if you use PP, just pay the extra fee for goods, then you have protection.

I didn’t even think about zoom or FaceTime. Long ways away but might even get flight and rent car back for it. Flights are so cheap right now. Thanks for the advice

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

If you can't pick it up yourself DON'T BUY IT. Too many risks involved with anything other than "cash on the glass". I have owned over 600 machines in the past 12 years and have NEVER even considered buying one I couldn't look at in person. I live in Central PA and have driven as far as Southwest Texas, Southern Florida, and Maine just to make deals happen. If a deal wasn't worth the time & drive to me it wasn't worth making that deal.

That’s about how far this is, Dallas to Philly

#34 3 years ago

I passed on it because I gave him my number and he called me. Mumbled, didn’t speak up or even say his name right. I think he might have been middle eastern, didn’t even get that far. Had to be a scam as I kinda called him out and no reply back. Seemed legit but got a terrible vibe when he couldn’t hold a convo lol
    I’ll have find out more about wth escrow.com is?!?! Glad to see Michelle is still at! What’s the going rate usually for one pin? Thought it was almost the same for two pins shipped IIRC

Anyways thanks for all the ideas and help guys, appreciate it for my next purchase...looks like I can’t seem to find a TAF, SS, or Shrek near me on the decent

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kray37.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-pin-from-unknown-non-pinsider-out-of-state-best-options?tu=kray37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.