Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I live in Minnesota and would like to buy about $175 worth of parts from Mr. Pinball in Australia. Does US Customs hold the product and is there a Broker Fee? When I bought about $300 worth of parts from a seller in Canada I had to pay a $37 Broker Fee when I picked it up at UPS.

#2 10 years ago

Not usually, I've had it happen once from Canada too, never Australia.

#3 10 years ago

Mustang, I have ordered parts from Australia at least a dozen times and have never incurred additional fees. All have been delivered by USPS. Wally

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Mustang, I have ordered parts from Australia at least a dozen times and have never incurred additional fees. All have been delivered by USPS. Wally

Same here. I've ordered multiple times from both Mr Pinball and PSPA and never had a problem.
    -Ed

#5 10 years ago

Hey thanks guys, I've contacted them and asked if they combine shipping otherwise it's like $50 to ship what I want, it's some back box decals so they don't weigh that much and it would only be one tube then.

#6 10 years ago

ups is really bad between canada and the u.s. always use usps if possible . in canada we pay up to 30% brokerage fees only on ups.

#7 10 years ago

I thought BAA had his decals locally in usa.
    Let me know if he wont combine them - ill pick them up and post to you

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for the information, I keep this in mind.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

I thought BAA had his decals locally in usa.
    Let me know if he wont combine them - ill pick them up and post to you

Thanks. I heard back from them and he said he does combine shipping so I bought the items. The shipping came to over $40 combined so I'm looking to get about half that back but have not heard back yet.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

ups is really bad between canada and the u.s. always use usps if possible . in canada we pay up to 30% brokerage fees only on ups.

That's horrible! What ever happened to NAFTA??

#11 10 years ago

NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER NEVER use UPS for anything international.

And I can't stress the never and ever enough there. If someone only ships via UPS internationally, pay a high priced hooker to fly first class and pick it up in person for cost savings.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER NEVER use UPS for anything international.
    And I can't stress the never and ever enough there. If someone only ships via UPS internationally, pay a high priced hooker to fly first class and pick it up in person for cost savings.

When I bought from the guy in Canada he only shipped UPS so I got stuck with the broker fee. Where can I get a GOOD hooker for $36?

#13 10 years ago

UPS charges a brokerage fee when they deliver (unless it is included in the price of shipping to start with).

General rule UPS sucks if shipping is from outside of your country, they have a tenancy to gouge you as much as they can. FedEx is a better choice as their fees are cheaper.

Of course the best is to use the postal system - costs a bit more, but they have tracking if need be.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks. I heard back from them and he said he does combine shipping so I bought the items. The shipping came to over $40 combined so I'm looking to get about half that back but have not heard back yet.

Dont panic if it takes him a couple weeks to ship .. he doesnt go real fast

1 week later
    #15 10 years ago

yes I'm old and semi retired

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

I bought the head decals from you on ebay and I forgot to choose which ones I wanted. I just sent you a message via ebay just now. Sorry for the delay.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Oh come on wayne, the majority of your time isn't spent on threatening everyone and their mother anymore for wispering the word Williams, what's the hold up?!

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Oh come on wayne, the majority of your time isn't spent on threatening everyone and their mother anymore for wispering the word Williams, what's the hold up?!

Hey don't upset him or my stuff may wind up coming by way of Outer Mongolia.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey don't upset him

agree.be careful - comb your hair and tuck your shirt in if you're in the great mans presence.

#20 10 years ago

I bought 2 dr dude big shot figures from a aussie pinball place paid 150 for both. Took awhile to get here but didnt pay a broker fee. Is it pinballsparepartaustralia.com?

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Is it pinballsparepartaustralia.com?

I think that's Mark C from Ebay Aus.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

I think that's Mark C from Ebay Aus.

Indeed it is.. This is the shorter url for them -> http://www.pinball.co

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

Indeed it is.. This is the shorter url for them -> http://www.pinball.co

He's good, have got some hard to find stuff from him.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey don't upset him or my stuff may wind up coming by way of Outer Mongolia.

Wayne loves a good poke once in a while Like the MMR's he is selling in the Mr.pinball classifieds. I wonder how the people waiting on his previous MM remake feel about that, that have had cash with him in it for years.

All in good fun

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-parts-from-australia-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.