6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinsanity
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0407181409a (resized).jpg
    Alvin G Advertised (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

You may have noticed the Ebay ads for 10 Alvin G boards either auctioned or Fixed Price from Australia. Normally even with $50 shipping getting 10 boards that have over 40 mosfets on them is a good deal, not including the other IC's. I made one purchase earlier and it was fine, no problems. That purchase was in order to write a CPU repair guide for that system. Once into the original set I found problems with the boards and needed donor parts so I figured since the auctions were still going on I would grab a second set.

I made another purchase. What I got was not what was pictured or what I received in the original previous auction. This is just a heads up in case you are considering buying these.

The board stuffed completely is the auction picture. The board missing lots of parts is what I got. All 10 are this way.

Just a heads up. Ask for pictures of the boards you are buying from him.

The seller offered a refund but to return these would be not cost effective at all. I did ask that he replace the picture in the ad.

Alvin G Advertised (resized).jpgAlvin G Advertised (resized).jpg

0407181409a (resized).jpg0407181409a (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

These were all new old stock and being packed by part time workers who wouldn't even know wht parts were missîng

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

These were all new old stock and being packed by part time workers who wouldn't even know wht parts were missîng

Are you saying that makes it right?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Are you saying that makes it right?

He is saying no refunds by the looks of it.

#5 6 years ago

I wouldn't say they are missing parts, looks like different revs with different parts meant to be on that rev. Parts don't look stolen from the boards like they were removed for other uses.

#6 6 years ago

Could be incomplete left overs from ipb

Just saying they wouldn't realise the problem

If not happy send back for a refund

#7 6 years ago

And a shipping refund or just give a refund and send a shipping label via email. What a scam. The people packing work for a person who should be responsible. Not pass the buck chuck.

#8 6 years ago

No shipping labels from Australia, no such thing
    He will probably get you to ship it a USA address

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Ouch. Dougie is going to love that skills assessment. LOL.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-parts-from-australia-heads-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.