1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dr_nybble
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

How do you buy stuff on-line?

I’m getting into electronics and I like to build stuff so I thought I’d try this Arduino stuff. I didn’t want to invest a fortune because I don’t know anything about this yet. I shopped around and found Aliexpress had about the cheapest prices. So I ordered a bunch of Arduino stuff from them. The next day my credit card company called and wanted to know if I was ordering $1,700 from Neiman Marcus. I’m not saying Aliexpress took my credit card number but I hadn’t used that card in over a month. The credit card company froze my account and is going to send me a new card.

There was still some Arduino stuff I wanted to buy so I bought a credit card/gift card for 100.00 at Wal-Mart and went shopping on E-bay. I didn’t want to leave any balance on the card so I purchased 96.50. E-bay rejected the order. Not sure if it was the card or something else so I went back and just purchased a couple of items. Approved! According to my calculations I still had a balance of 91.09 on the card. So I went back and bought 85.00 with the card. Rejected! Then I checked the credit card website and it showed a balance of 1.65. So I called E-bay and they said the card was rejected because I was overdrawn. It turns out that they doubled the order on a few items. They said they couldn’t credit the account but would send me a gift card for the 85.00 balance. Now I have to wait for E-bay to send me a new credit card.

At first I thought the credit/gift card was a good idea but if the vendor can’t credit the account (even when it’s their mistake) it’s not so good.

Now my regular credit card is on hold and this credit/gift card is on hold, I’m running out of ways to buy anything. How do you do it?

Bob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 75.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 6,200.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 129.25
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside