Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kingau
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

used-cars_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingau.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi every one

I am buying my first pinball machine, and need advice.

1. when buying a pin.. should I buy a new pin or an old pin?

2. dealing with a pinball dealer... is it supposed to feel like I'm buying a used car?

thanks in advance

#4 8 years ago

thanks hassanchop, ForceFlow!!

I'm an arcade collector and now I have the pinball fever, I know how to repair old crt and wire, soldier,inc.
    so I'm taking your advice I'm going to get an old pin.

I was dealing with a dealer and at first they were nice... after all the paper work was done.
    now they act like they don't care, as long as they get the money

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

What did you end up getting? Unless you filled out some paperwork but didn't buy anything?

I have not gotten the pin as of yet , have the paper work but I have not sign anything. it just bothers me that I'm sending 3,000 cash for a pin and get treated like I should be happy the dealer even wants to sell to me....?

#16 8 years ago

"charles4400 - Any titles you want to get or what are your current choices?"

the pins I want to get are
    bride of pinbot
    taxi
    twilight zone
    shadow
    pins by python Anghelo
    I'm big fan of the modern pinballs

#19 8 years ago

I have talk to Gwaxt72, great guy.

but he does not have the pin I am looking for.

but thanks for the info

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Wait, are you saying you've never seen the game in person???????
    NEVER, ever buy your first game without seeing and playing it.
    You will be ripped off royally.

Wow I never knew that... I thought I if its a dealer they would have it cleaned and ready to use....
    man I'm such a noob

#29 8 years ago

thanks a lot guys for the advice, it had been a bit stressful picking the right pin and dealing with dealers.

Quoted from J85M:

You forgot one little point when buying your first pin.
    Make sure you have room for at least one or two more, pins are like gremlins they multiply fast

yes I agree that's what happen with my arcade machines.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

Used pin prices are all over the map, just stay away from ebay in my opinion. I've had the best luck on craigslist looking for used pins. I've only bought one new pin, and it was a bad experience. I purchased a Star Trek Pro last November, got it from TNT Amusements. I was totally new to buying NIB machines. I had no idea that there were "distributors" that offered lower prices than listed, and I also wasn't on pinside yet. I totally walked into a bad deal, paid $5,495 plus $300 shipping for a pin that I could have got for $4,800 with free shipping - a full $1,000 rip off. Lesson learned. It's really good you found pinside and are really doing your homework, I wish I would have. There are business's that prey off of people like me that come into the hobby without a clue what they are doing. The stupid part is that they didn't even ship it from their warehouse, it was shipped direct from another distributor, probably automated or something.

thanks for the heads up "craigj"

I was getting a bad feeling from the dealer. and came here to see if what was happening is right.
    I understand it's a business.. but when your buying something that cost 3,000 or more.
    you want to be treated with a bit of respect at lest.

#43 8 years ago

I just want to say thank you, to all of you for the advice.
    now all I have to do is sit and wait, till one good pin shows up.

10 months later
    #48 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Hey kingau, looks like you got your first pin and a good choice too with a Taxi.
    Now it's only a matter of time before you start a new thread "buying my second pinball machine"

So true.. I am on the hunt for a second pin!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingau.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-frist-pinball-machine?tu=kingau and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.