Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E72155B3-3F32-4344-8630-A336D0D3F3F8 (resized).jpeg
20160630_210716 (resized).jpg
4138036B-6A78-4E79-B25F-C2911618CC5D (resized).jpeg
aa (resized).jpg
download (resized).png

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I second calling Joe at PinballStar. He will take care of you.

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If Joe doesnt have any, try Automated 800.727.8363, they tend to horde a lot of stock.

Thanks! I will try to poke those distributors around.

#52 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone!

Just found one and placed the order.

Hope everything goes smoothly!

#53 6 years ago

Congrats Pinbear!
Your first pin!! So exiting ....

But brace yourself, they tend to multiply like rabbits

#54 6 years ago

did you try the WOZ? My wife wanted one for the home so everyone can play it but I tried it and really wasn't feeling the game at all, not even little bit and I really wanted to like the game but when you play a game, you usually know right away if it's the right game for you.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

did you try the WOZ? My wife wanted one for the home so everyone can play it but I tried it and really wasn't feeling the game at all, not even little bit and I really wanted to like the game but when you play a game, you usually know right away if it's the right game for you.

Yes, both my daughter and I tried it. I need to admit one thing that is I have not played pinball for about 20 years.

I am not a native English speaker. While I was a kid and playing the pinball machines, I can't read the English, I don't know the rule, I just kept the ball alive and trying to hit the target I want. But now I can read the English, I can understand the hint machine gave, I can follow the rule and I feel so much fun on it.

From my recently tried pinballs, I have the same feel on Dialed In and The Hobbit as your feeling on WOZ. I spent a day at Pacific Pinball Museum, I tried Dialed In, Medieval Madness , Ghostbusters (Pro), Twilight Zone , Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure and Theatre of Magic. My daughter loves TOM and I love MM!

But while a neighbor pinsider invited us to visited his collections, OMG my daughter really love WOZ and the Ruby Red edition is gorgeous! I also tried TH and gave DI another chance but I just don't get it. For me, MM > WOZ > TH >>> DI.

Maybe because I have not played pinball for 20 years... so I think WOZ will be a good first pinball machine for the family (At least my wife approved the theme!).

The most important part is .....I believe WOZ won't be my last Pinball machine.

Maybe I will get Medieval Madness (Remake - LE) or Pirates of the Caribbean (LE) in a few years.

Thanks!

#56 6 years ago

Good choice. If you get MM next you'll have what would be the ideal two pin collection, in my opinion.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Good choice. If you get MM next you'll have what would be the ideal two pin collection, in my opinion.

I hope they will keep producing MMR or doing Monster Bash Remake. I like MB, too!

#58 6 years ago

WOZ is a phenomenal machine, with a deep ruleset. It's all about stacking modes. great choice!

#59 6 years ago

I got my WOZ 75th from Automated service today.

The light is v1.1 not v2.0 as they told me on the phone.

The shooter rod is black not ruby red. The shooter rod plate is silver not ruby red.

I don't see the topper in the box.

And the speaker is buzzing while no sound is played.

This machine was made in 11/2016.

I am really frustrated at Automated service now and so is JJP's quality..

#60 6 years ago

Sounds like you got a standard instead of a 75th? What color is the lockdown bar? Is there a small Toto figure over the shooter lane?

The buzzing is a common issue — I think it’s usually solved by moving the line filter.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Sounds like you got a standard instead of a 75th? What color is the lockdown bar? Is there a small Toto figure over the shooter lane?

Yes. I got Toto. Lockdown bar is red. Rail is red. Leg is red. Backbox shows 75th edition and missing topper.

E72155B3-3F32-4344-8630-A336D0D3F3F8 (resized).jpegE72155B3-3F32-4344-8630-A336D0D3F3F8 (resized).jpeg

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

he buzzing is a common issue — I think it’s usually solved by moving the line filter.

Where to find the line filter?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

I got my WOZ 75th from Automated service today.
The light is v1.1 not v2.0 as they told me on the phone.
The shooter rod is black not ruby red. The shooter rod plate is silver not ruby red.
I don't see the topper in the box.
And the speaker is buzzing while no sound is played.
This machine was made in 11/2016.
I am really frustrated at Automated service now and so is JJP's quality..

The shooter rod and plate are the correct RR75 stock colors.
If you call JJP they will send you a replacement topper immediately - outstanding customer service.
Speaker buzzing unfortunately is common, there are simple fixes for that.
Not getting v2.0 light boards when specifically requesting them is inexcusable. No doubt you have the 7.5 buffered boards which have been stable for me, but you didn't get what you paid for. Totally unacceptable and they need to be held accountable for it.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

You could try just moving the black cable bundle in the cabinet away from the cabinet speaker first, that made a difference for me.

#65 6 years ago

Ugh, Mike from Automated needs to make this right (the other issues can be dealt with, JJP support is stellar). Sorry to hear this. Keep us posted.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

I believe the line filter is the small black box mounted inside the computer cage attached by a couple of tie-cables. Check out you-tube for a good video.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I believe the line filter is the small black box mounted inside the computer cage attached by a couple of tie-cables. Check out you-tube for a good video.

Thanks. Found the youtube video and will try to fix it later tonight. Because my daughter is too excited!! I can't do anything on it now....

Quoted from apinballwiz:

The shooter rod and plate are the correct RR75 stock colors.
If you call JJP they will send you a replacement topper immediately - outstanding customer service.
Speaker buzzing unfortunately is common, there are simple fixes for that.

Thank you, again. It makes me feel better.

#68 6 years ago

Just sent out the email to Mike and JJP.

It is Friday and TPF this week. I just wanted to enjoy the game with my family this weekend and wait till next week for the response.

Thank you, everyone!

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Thanks. Found the youtube video and will try to fix it later tonight. Because my daughter is too excited!! I can't do anything on it now....

Thank you, again. It makes me feel better.

Glad I could help. I'm sorry things are starting a bit rocky, but trust me you will not regret getting this machine!!!

#70 6 years ago

hey OP so what's your opinion on WOZ since you've had it for few days now?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

hey OP so what's your opinion on WOZ since you've had it for few days now?

We really love it! My friends came over during the weekend said WOZ is a masterpiece (because we only remember 90s' pinball machines). It is fun to play, easy for beginner to understand the rule. (Just follow the yellow brick road!).

#72 6 years ago

Congratulations on the new pin. Awesome you found one that both you and the family will enjoy. I agree with you about DI, I played it, and it just did not do as much for me as it does for others. But that is why different pinball machines exist. I also agree on the MM. I finally got some quality time on an original MM at CP Pinball, and I must say that it is a lot of fun, and would still be fun for the rest of my family as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-first-pinball/page/2?hl=timo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.