• 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by accidental
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider decktard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

I like my FT. I've played a fair amount of those games... FT just happens to be my favorite of the bunch. YMMV.

FT to me isn't deep... but it is reasonably difficult to score high while feeling fun and accessible to guests.

It isn't a great substitute but try playing a few on virtual pinball and see what your impressions are. Keep in mind that some of the pins aren't implemented perfect so don't play the best.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Those who recommend FT, what is it about this pin that holds your interest and keeps you coming back to it? Are you sure it would satisfy as the only pin in a collection?

It is my only pin right now and I'm really happy with the choice. My wife liked it as well and the theme is family friendly so that all went into my decision... along with the price obviously. I would like to get more pins eventually but for now it is fun and difficult enough for me. That said, I'm not very good at pinball in general but my skills have been improving since owning this one.

You can boil any game down to "it's just this or that." So yeah, you can say all you need is a couple super jackpots in multiball and you're the grand champion. Well, try doing that. If you've achieved that... then yeah... maybe move on from FT.

You have to hit the "long cast" to light the options in the boat and then collect them with a shot that can often drain STDM. The long cast isn't always lit... so you have to make it once or make the boat ramp to light it. "Rock the Boat" just is fun once you hit the ramps over and over. The extra ball shot is satisfying.

I don't usually play for the other objectives like Monster Fish and Feeding Frenzy but they pop up during the normal course of play that you have to go for them... and since they're hurry up they're hard to collect sometimes under pressure.

So you do all that... plus get a game that is easy and fun for novices to hop on and bang away at the boat or wherever.... and possibly the best video mode in pinball.

But play it... everyone has different opinions. My next game will hopefully be something deeper like TZ, LOTR, or TSPP to complement it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 72.50
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider decktard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-first-pin-help-me-pick?tu=decktard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.