Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

79A9A7D1-3EB1-4A9B-AD3D-259992BE7CBE (resized).jpeg
    4736F03C-0106-4AA3-8A74-436C2835232E (resized).jpeg
    CN1  2 (resized).png
    Pin board (resized).jpg
    First Pin (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 6 years ago

The market today is insane. A lot of the system 11 games listed are outside of the $1500 range. But I will agree system 11 is a cant lose.

I vote high speed if I had to choose a sure bet. Loads of fun and under $1500. Oh and there a an absolute million of them so it should be easy to find.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

What made Funhouse appealing to you?

Im voting it is because it’s one of the best games ever made. But price reflects that as well. I’d love to have one.

As for smb it gets old pretty fast.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I don't think you'll find a Fish Tales in your price range. Most are going for 3000 around here and it's not worth that much. If you were to spend that much money- you could buy a 2010 X-Men for 3500

Not trying to be a B/W homer or anything but I personally like FT more than X-men. Also I think you can pick up a nice players ft for around $2500 still. If you don’t care about cabinet fade that is. I mean I wouldn’t sell mine for that but I’ve seen them go that cheap. I think over $3000 for ft has no cabinet fade or has had new cabinet decals applied.

While games like firepower are cool and all and hold a special place to most people I wouldn’t suggest games pre 1985 to first timers. Games after space shuttle have a much greater appeal to the majority of people in my experience. Go with system 11 it is the perfect recipe for getting you hooked into this disease of a hobby forever muhahahahahahaha (that’s my best attemp at typing a maniacal laugh lol)

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

System 11 is just the name Williams gave to the board set that is in the game.
    Here is a full list of the System 11 games. http://www.system11.org

Right. I shouldn’t have assumed he knew since he is new to pinball. Just about every game on that list is super fun and well price. (Just about everyone... yes I know bbbb is on that list lol)

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ime when you only have one game, you play the hell out of it regardless. Any game is fair game here for the OP.
    I’d much rather have my firepower than my Fire! But it all comes down to personal taste. OP is playing tons of pinball. That’s best to figure out your own personal taste.

Blasphemy. Lol. The call outs and cheesy music from fire! Alone put it above. “Save my baby!!!”

I know it is all personal opinion. I was merely saying that for most first timers and casual players it has been my experience that mid 80s and up are more popular.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from WorldWideWeapon:

Any time I buy anything i typically browse forums and watch many youtube videos. Right now Last Action Hero might be the choice. Going to check one out tomorrow to see what I think.

Last action hero is a super fun data east game in my opinion. I really enjoyed the one I had and I would own one again for sure. It would be a good one

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from WorldWideWeapon:

Yeah I figured that out pretty quickly. This one was even over budget. But hey, It has the features I’m looking for. I’ll get some good play time out of this baby

I was wondering. Because I was getting ready to ask where all of these people were finding $1500 last action hero. I didn’t think that game would fall into the budget you had previously described. I have not seen that game under two grand in a while

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Ugh, I saw one listed for weeks near me. Leds, no ticket wear, working, for $1400. I thought about it too long, so no LAH for me. Looks like a fun packed game!
    You're right though, nothing close since.

A $1400 working LAH wouldnt last an hour in my area. Are you sure they didn’t just leave the ad up for days after it sold within in minutes of being listed? I obviously have no idea about the market in your area but I would assume that it would be stronger or just as strong in NY as it is in KY and TN

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I never called so no way to tell.
    I know my F14 ad is still up, even though it now resides in my basement! So I guess you're hypothesis could well be correct.

I found this to happen often. Lol. I just realized I haven’t pulled my POTO ad down yet oooops. Better do that now

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-first-pin-advice-for-around-100-1500?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.