Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

79A9A7D1-3EB1-4A9B-AD3D-259992BE7CBE (resized).jpeg
    4736F03C-0106-4AA3-8A74-436C2835232E (resized).jpeg
    CN1  2 (resized).png
    Pin board (resized).jpg
    First Pin (resized).jpg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

You made an excellent choice! Welcome to the club/sickness!

#102 6 years ago

Way to pull the trigger bud!
    Nice machine.
    Many happy high scores!

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from WorldWideWeapon:

Yeah I figured that out pretty quickly. This one was even over budget. But hey, It has the features I’m looking for. I’ll get some good play time out of this baby

I was wondering. Because I was getting ready to ask where all of these people were finding $1500 last action hero. I didn’t think that game would fall into the budget you had previously described. I have not seen that game under two grand in a while

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I was wondering. Because I was getting ready to ask where all of these people were finding $1500 last action hero. I didn’t think that game would fall into the budget you had previously described. I have not seen that game under two grand in a while

Ugh, I saw one listed for weeks near me. Leds, no ticket wear, working, for $1400. I thought about it too long, so no LAH for me. Looks like a fun packed game!

You're right though, nothing close since.

#105 6 years ago

LAH is a great game, and bargains can be found for sure. I picked one up recently for well under $1000 (NZD) which is the equivalent of winning the lottery out these ways. It wasn't working but it didn't take much - and the machine was in amazing condition. The LAH owners club thread on pinside has lots of knowledge and a bunch of helpful peeps for when you need to fix stuff!

#106 6 years ago

Boards are looking pretty nice, except that I see there is a burnt pin in the CN1 wire harness going to the power supply. Just like all other DE games this age, it would be wise to change all the smaller capacitors and the 18000uf at the very least. C2 is the first one that likes to fail and leak a corrosive liquid. Good time to start thinking about this since CN1 male/female connectors are in need of replacement. CN1  2 (resized).pngCN1 2 (resized).png

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Boards are looking pretty nice, except that I see there is a burnt pin in the CN1 wire harness going to the power supply. Just like all other DE games this age, it would be wise to change all the smaller capacitors and the 18000uf at the very least. C2 is the first one that likes to fail and leak a corrosive liquid. Good time to start thinking about this since CN1 male/female connectors are in need of replacement.

Wow thank you pointing this out. I actually have a fellow pinsider coming over to give the machine a full inspection. I’ll message him now and make note of it. Thank you kind sir

#108 6 years ago

If you hadn't posted that picture at that angle, I would not have seen it. While CN1 does get toasty, it is not too common to happen.

I hope he fixes you up. Sending the power supply out for repair, still would leave the female wired connector to be dealt with.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Ugh, I saw one listed for weeks near me. Leds, no ticket wear, working, for $1400. I thought about it too long, so no LAH for me. Looks like a fun packed game!
    You're right though, nothing close since.

A $1400 working LAH wouldnt last an hour in my area. Are you sure they didn’t just leave the ad up for days after it sold within in minutes of being listed? I obviously have no idea about the market in your area but I would assume that it would be stronger or just as strong in NY as it is in KY and TN

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

A $1400 working LAH wouldnt last an hour in my area. Are you sure they didn’t just leave the ad up for days after it sold within in minutes of being listed? I obviously have no idea about the market in your area but I would assume that it would be stronger or just as strong in NY as it is in KY and TN

I never called so no way to tell.

I know my F14 ad is still up, even though it now resides in my basement! So I guess you're hypothesis could well be correct.

#111 6 years ago

Good choice and nice find. Looks like its in good shape.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I never called so no way to tell.
    I know my F14 ad is still up, even though it now resides in my basement! So I guess you're hypothesis could well be correct.

I found this to happen often. Lol. I just realized I haven’t pulled my POTO ad down yet oooops. Better do that now

#113 6 years ago

This might be frowned upon since I got the pin a few days ago. But I just played my first 2 hours of LAH with my cousin. It was freaking awesome! If money wasn’t a thing my basement would be full of pins already. Lol

#114 6 years ago

This might be frowned upon since I got the pin a few days ago.

I don't see why it would be. If you like playing it, shouldn't matter what others say. I enjoy me some LAH too, but mine is a project that I need to get to in 2018. I am tired of seeing it folded up in the garage.

If money wasn’t a thing my basement would be full of pins already. Lol

You better get to saving some money. Game 2 and 3 are waiting on you.

#115 6 years ago

Craigslist is your friend, er, enemy?

#116 6 years ago

This might be frowned upon since I got the pin a few days ago. But I just played my first 2 hours of LAH with my cousin. It was freaking awesome! If money wasn’t a thing my basement would be full of pins already. Lol

I think he may of been referring to having owned it a few days but not playing it til today. However it won't sit idle now that he knows how freaking awesome it is.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I think he may of been referring to having owned it a few days but not playing it til today. However it won't sit idle now that he knows how freaking awesome it is.

S

This. I do need to give a huge shout out to synper2099 and chuckwurt. Both have been nothing but helpful and welcoming to me. Chuck actually came over my place today and got my LAH shining like new.

#118 6 years ago

4736F03C-0106-4AA3-8A74-436C2835232E (resized).jpeg4736F03C-0106-4AA3-8A74-436C2835232E (resized).jpeg
    79A9A7D1-3EB1-4A9B-AD3D-259992BE7CBE (resized).jpeg79A9A7D1-3EB1-4A9B-AD3D-259992BE7CBE (resized).jpeg

Added a bunch of new LEDs and cleaned up the game real nice.

3 weeks later
    #119 6 years ago

I could never get my crane to work properly. Even with that issue the game still rocked. Love the 3 magnet action in the middle, and the ripper is awesome. I ended up letting it go for a loss to a local pinhead who fixed the problem by the next day. Doh!!

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-first-pin-advice-for-around-100-1500/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.