Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KyleCat
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20151101_135106.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135119.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135137.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135150.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135201.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135239.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 8 years ago

Does your dad have any machines?

#128 8 years ago

KyleCat , did you decide on a theme that you would want the most?
    Up until Christmas is a really good time to find different theme machines.
    So far, you seem to be considering anything that is popping up on Craigslist and Pinside in Texas.
    Buying the first available game turns out to be some of the worse choices.
    Best to figure out which 5 machines you want the most in your price range and hunt those down.

Hate for you to get a machine and find out you don't like playing it after a week.
    I used Youtube a lot when I was searching for my first 5 machines.

I will have a Demolition Man for sale before Christmas. At some point a Stargate too, but will be after Christmas.
    There are many collectors in Houston I keep in touch with that have games for sale as well. One has a modded Metallica Pro for sale now.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I'm going to chime in and say... Get a TSPP... It's my favorite!

I do like TSPP, but I prefer DE Simpsons. But that's just me. Some people like both just the same.
    I like Stern Indiana Jones and Williams Indiana Jones equally. Nice having them side by side in the lineup.

#138 8 years ago

For sure if you get one game, you will want another. TZ was my first game and it was 10 months later I had my second game. Since you have up to 5k for a budget, I would shoot for finding 2 cheaper titles. Patience as there will be some good titles coming up on CL in the next 2 months. Remember price does equal condition, not just the title.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-first-pin-2?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.