Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KyleCat
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20151101_135106.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135119.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135137.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135150.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135201.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135239.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atreyu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

Wow, well first off, welcome to the hobby! I'm always excited to see new people enter the fray of pinball ownership. That STTNG is a fantastic deal if it is truly in good working order. You said that your dad was in to pinball. If he owns/works on pins, make sure you both look at it to make sure that everything is in working order and that there are no issues that are difficult to fix (planking on the playfield etc.). Good luck with your purchase. You have much more fortitude than I did when I was 13. I never would have been able to save that much without spending it!

#58 8 years ago

Wow, that TAF is another nice find. Apparently the Texas market for pins is pretty sweet! If you've never played Addam's Family, you owe it to yourself to give this game a try. There is a reason that it is consistently right towards the top of the best pins ever produced. Pat Lawlor did a great job with this. Tons of cool and unique modes, a great multiball (with the best build up sounds to multiball ever imo), difficult and varied shots... This pin really has it all. Plus, if you want to go that route, there are tons of mods available for TAF. Assuming the playfield is in good condition and the game plays well with no (or few) diagnostic errors, this could be a great first game that I believe really should hold its value. 5k (or less) would be a pretty sweet bargain on this pin.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Pretty cheap......and you get what you pay for.

I am one of the few apologists for SF2, but that may be because it was one of the first pins I played and really understood since I had a frame of reference (The games, obviously). Despite it being pretty universally reviled, I still have some fun with it.

#165 8 years ago

I have to say, I'm pretty jealous. I've been wanting to get the entire John Popadiuk (sp?) lineup for a long time. TOM is a fantastic game and one that you'll have tons of fun with for a LOOONG time to come. Congrats on your first purchase. Check out the aforementioned TOM club thread. Plenty of good reading and tons of people who will be more than willing to help out with any issues you run into.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atreyu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-first-pin-2?tu=Atreyu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.