4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KyleCat
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20151101_135106.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135119.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135137.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135150.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135201.jpg
    IMG_20151101_135239.jpg

There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago

Couldn't take any good pictures cause my dad wouldn't let up on his "silver ball apprenticeship"

IMG_20151101_135239.jpg

IMG_20151101_135201.jpg

IMG_20151101_135150.jpg

IMG_20151101_135137.jpg

IMG_20151101_135119.jpg

IMG_20151101_135106.jpg

#152 4 years ago

KyleCat, as you look to work on your machine, you might want to check out this topic which discusses all things Theatre of Magic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club

#153 4 years ago

Thanks a lot! Sure will.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

KyleCat, as you look to work on your machine, you might want to check out this topic which discusses all things Theatre of Magic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club

This may provide some ideas on lighting, customization and answer any questions you may have about repair.

#155 4 years ago

TOM is a great pin. congrats!

#156 4 years ago

Thank you, I will enjoy this for years to come and pass it on in the family.

#157 4 years ago

I hate to say it, but you're gonna want to do something to protect the cabinet art from the sunlight coming in through the window. It'll fade quickly in that location.

#158 4 years ago

I already put some black magic tire cleaner on it!
    Any other solutions?

#159 4 years ago

The only solution I can think of is a heavy drape, or putting craft paper over the art. Maybe someone knows of a UV-blocking solution that can be applied to the art?

#160 4 years ago

the correct solution is to get some nice thick shades / blinds drapes for that window. the sunlight will quickly fade that art.

#161 4 years ago

you can get shades with "room darkening" backing on them to totally block light -- that's what I got in my pinball room. UV is death to paint and plastic.

#162 4 years ago

What about venetian blinds or vertical blinds, tilted to block direct sunlight.

#163 4 years ago

I have blinds but when I took that picture my window was open. In about a week my whole house is going to get triple pane 95% UV blocking windows

#164 4 years ago

Congrats on your 1st pin...!!!......your parents should be very proud...they raised a very smart young man...from reading your posts....the stock market is the place for you...then when you make it BIG...remember I'm the one who pointed you that way...!!!...lol.....hope your enjoying TOM..............Joey

#165 4 years ago

I have to say, I'm pretty jealous. I've been wanting to get the entire John Popadiuk (sp?) lineup for a long time. TOM is a fantastic game and one that you'll have tons of fun with for a LOOONG time to come. Congrats on your first purchase. Check out the aforementioned TOM club thread. Plenty of good reading and tons of people who will be more than willing to help out with any issues you run into.

#166 4 years ago

They got me pointed in the right direction. I was having problems with the trunk being to weak in sensitivity where you had to hit the dead center for it to count. I got my eddy tuned in perfect.

#167 4 years ago

Good thing you have 10 extra spare trunks... Just in case.

#168 4 years ago

lol. I am just keeping them unless they go up to 60-80ish

#169 4 years ago

Anyone ever use hobbyroms.com to get WPC roms? I am looking to get 1.3X and get the anti ghosting code compiled in there too. Curious if this guy is trust worthy or not. From what it looks like on other pin forums they swear by him.

#170 4 years ago

I'd stick with John. He's on here and been around for a while.
    http://thatpinballplace.com/eproms/index.htm

Quoted from KyleCat:

Anyone ever use hobbyroms.com to get WPC roms? I am looking to get 1.3X and get the anti ghosting code compiled in there too. Curious if this guy is trust worthy or not. From what it looks like on other pin forums they swear by him.

#171 4 years ago

I don't think he sells the led ghosting patches.

#172 4 years ago

If you use non ghosting on the inserts you shouldn't have ghosting.

#173 4 years ago

I know that but its going to run me far more then it would just using this compiled rom.

#174 4 years ago

There's no shame in playing it with incandescent bulbs for a while.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

There's no shame in playing it with incandescent bulbs for a while.

Or forever...full LED's are way too blinding for some

#176 4 years ago

Hey kid...sometimes the cheapest way is not always the best way...especially in this hobby...you just spent almost 5k...spend another $200 for bulbs you want/like....you start monkeyn' around with those boards....it will cost you far more than those non-ghosting bulbs will...if your not careful..........Joey

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Hey kid...sometimes the cheapest way is not always the best way...especially in this hobby...you just spent almost 5k...spend another $200 for bulbs you want/like....you start monkeyn' around with those boards....it will cost you far more than those non-ghosting bulbs will...if your not careful..........Joey

This. I'd second Breaking_Dad's comments.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from KyleCat:

He burned my T2 and HS2 with patched roms that I sent him. Very reasonable price.

#179 4 years ago

Just got back from west Texas, awesome mountains and good hiking trails. Came home to the novus 2 I ordered and other miscellaneous parts. Got my table VERY shiny and the ball sometimes rolls too fast. I think I have more fun cleaning and fixing then I do playing. I am loving this hobby. Thank you to everyone's advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 339.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,099.00
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 19.95
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside