Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PAOK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi everyone. Love the site. When my wonderful wife and I got married two years ago (today is actually our anniversary), she said I could fulfill a dream and buy a pinball machine once we had a house with a finished basement. Well, it's happened. We bought a house with a beautiful basement and we move in mid-July. So, I'm looking for my first machine.

I have the chance to buy a Simpson's Pinball Party in excellent shape. Any thoughts or suggestions? Will this machine keep me interested for years?

#2 11 years ago

That specific pin gets rave reviews, although I wasn't a huge fan. But, like I said, it's a sought after pin. Play it first though if possible to see if you like it.

How much are they asking for it? Do you have any pictures?

#3 11 years ago

I had mine for a couple years and still did not know all the rules. I always said if you had just one pin, TSPP would keep you interested for quite awhile just trying to learn it all.
Bob

#4 11 years ago

Buy it. You'll end up with more. No one buys just one.

#5 11 years ago

I've played it a few times and am going to go back and check it out again this week. It's been fully restored, cleaned, and looks to be in as perfect a condition as a used machine can be. They're asking about $4500 for it with free delivery.

#6 11 years ago

thats an average price if it is in great shape. Great game too.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from futhee:

They're asking about $4500 for it with free delivery.

It would be great if you could get that price down to about 4k (and skip tax if possible) and you'll be into it for a good price where you can re-coupe most of that down the road if you decide to sell.

#8 11 years ago

TSPP is one of the best.
And it was very nice of her to allow you to fulfill a dream of yours. Next time, you tell her to mind her own business and you'll buy what you want, whenever you want.

#9 11 years ago

Should be 4.2K. Bring cash and a truck. Have the wife do the negotiating. Men are more responsive to women if their nice and friendly. Losing the ring goes a long way too. Men get stupid. Might as well use it to your advantage. Thanks for the game buddy.

#10 11 years ago

Great game - especially if you enjoy the Simpsons. Comment above is correct about your pins multiplying ... one becomes two very quickly! Good luck and welcome aboard!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

And it was very nice of her to allow you to fulfill a dream of yours. Next time, you tell her to mind her own business and you'll buy what you want, whenever you want.

You are a beauty Bill!

My advice would be to be patient and look around a bit.....play a few more pins and make sure its what you want....I did that and ended up with LOTR LE and SM, two of the best...and I do like TSPP as well though..

Get ready, 1 will turn into 3 quickly, be patient and don't listen to Bill...

#12 11 years ago

You should turn back. After you buy one you start spending most of the day thinking about buying more games, or fixing up your games, or playing your games

Jk, kind of. This hobby is fun but very addictive!

Tspp is a fun game, great depth, good theme, but I'm a big fan of the show. Good luck with your purchase

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 11 years ago

Don't forget, he's in Canada.

Quoted from fattrain:

It would be great if you could get that price down to about 4k (and skip tax if possible)

#14 11 years ago

Tax in Canada is absurd, but there's no getting around that unfortunately.

They also have an Addams Family Gold Edition, Xenon, Star Wars Ep. 1 and a few others.

#15 11 years ago

I would highly recommend TSPP, I have yet to complete mine. Unless you are really good its going to keep you playing for a long time, there is a lot of strategy to get a great score once you get it figured out. Great for a long game but also fun to play with friends.

#16 11 years ago

TSPP is the first game I purchased. It is really, really good but also kind of difficult. I'd say it is my hardest game.

#17 11 years ago

TSPP is a great first pin. Go for it!!!!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

TSPP is the first game I purchased. It is really, really good but also kind of difficult. I'd say it is my hardest game.

Stack15 nailed it. This is a crazy deep rule set and a difficult game. I play it on route regularly at a sports bar near my house. I think being deep makes it a great home pin, as you'll spend a lot of time just exploring the rules. Do it!

#19 11 years ago

Congrats to the OP on his marriage, house, basement, and soon to be collection of 6 plus pins filling the basement . . . as others have said, no one buys just one!

#20 11 years ago

Buying your first pin is like buying a pregnant rabbit.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Buying your first pin is like buying a pregnant rabbit.

Love it! That is the quote of the day!!!!!!!

#22 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'm going to get it, even though it's more than I wanted to spend. It's in such great condition, and the vendor has been really good with teaching me how to care for it and replace parts.

As for getting more pins, it's not going to happen. We probably don't have the room for more than a few, but the better half says that if I can get a good, insulated, heated shed built in our backyard, I can have as many as I want.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from futhee:

As for getting more pins, it's not going to happen....

You forgot the word "today" there at the end of that sentence .

Trust me, it will happen. I've bought 4 of these beauties in 3 months. After I bought my first one, I said "Well, I'll wait a lil' while....". I didn't realize "awhile" was code for "next week" .

Before you know it, you'll be rationalizing that the car "really doesn't need a garage" .

Congrats on your soon-to-be-first pin! TSPP is a beautiful game and has some crazy-in-depth rules. You will love it!

Yes, take the wifey for negotiating the price. I completely and totally agree with what others said. If she stands her ground but does it right, man, guys will drop prices like crazy.

#24 11 years ago

When I was looking for the one I eventually bought a year ago, HUO was available all over the place for 3.5-3.8k. I got mine for 3.5 plus shipping and I'd have a hard time finding a scratch on it anywhere.

#25 11 years ago

hey, futhee

if your not interested in the taf for sale , would u be inclined to introduce me to ur contact. Im in ontario, and as such liking the idea of no HST added on the pinsale transaction.. I don't mean to cut your grass, please make ur decisions obviously first. Just if u may inform me on any possibility afterwards thats be cool. thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-my-first-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.