Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by resipsa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Manufacturers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

no matter what they can do, it would be hard to overcome the sales tax hit. As much as I would prefer to buy from JJ, it's really hard to justify taking that hit.

Yeah, It sucks. I have a local distributor I bought from once. I went online and found the same NIB game for apprx. 1400 cheaper. I think the game was priced for regular stern price at the time. maybe 8000 for an LE, then you add 600 for sales tax. esshhh.
    I'd have to go look at the receipt but the total came out a little past 9k somehow. I would love to buy from a local distro, but yeah, why would you throw away 5 to 6 hundred dollars?

Think the only time I would buy from a local dealer is used, even then the prices on used machines compared to private sellers are priced like at least 1500 over what they are worth. The difference is, if you buy from private sellers you will have to wait forever to get the game you want.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think you are "supposed" to pay the use tax for games bought out of state which is usually similar to "in-state" taxes...so technically, you are breaking the law. Taxes are the price of living in a civilized society...roads, bridges, police, fire...they don't magically get paid by the money fairy. If you can afford an $8000 man-toy, you can probably afford the tax...as a bonus you may not have an overpass collapse and crush you! Win-win!

I don't believe there are any other way I knowingly cheat the system.
    If I can skip out in a couple of "use" taxes from some machines I purchased, I'm probably going to. I honestly don't know one person that wouldn't do the same, especially since there isn't really a way to enforce it.
    I'm sure it's only a matter of time before this changes, until then...

edit: I actually just did some checking, out of the 325 million people in the US only 1.6% actually even reported "use tax". thats 560,000 people which more then likely consist of tax layers and accountants.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-multiple-nib?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.