(Topic ID: 88841)

Buying MMr / That is not going to Allentown / :(

By TaTa

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

that grandpajoe.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Now that we know for sure that MMr will not be at Pinfest in Allentown, let our voices be heard! I'm disappointed not having the same opportunity that other buyers had before the deposits will be withheld. I was really hoping to play it a few times to see what I'm getting into as others have had. Seeing a game online in pictures and videos is one thing, but felling, holding and seeing it in person brings that inner child out that we all fell when getting a new pin. There are many disappointed MMR buyers that will be there. I am one of them. I hope PPS reconsiders their decision not to come.

#2 10 years ago

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.......

#3 10 years ago

Call Rick and see if something can be worked out.

No company is big enough to cover every show. But if there is help available, maybe something can be worked out ?

In 2010 with Andrew Barney's help I got a Big Buck Hunter from Stern at Chicago to Midwest Gaming Classic and back.

Maybe it can be done, maybe not. But if you talk to Rick, you may find out what is needed to make it happen.

LTG : )™

#4 10 years ago

Bummer, I guess Pinball Star could not pull it off.

#5 10 years ago

Clearly if MMR does not show up in Allentown it will make the original MM more valuable. Then the landslide starts. All the true collectors will gloat about how superior the original is because Rick was afraid of the scrutiny of the Allentown crowd. Refake orders will be cancelled by the thousands. Rick will be forced to drop the price on the Refake. Next there will be a great awakening. All the classic machines that have Refake back-glasses and light shields and play-fields will drop in value and original machines will skyrocket. Deep divisions will form and riots will break out to fight the tyranny of Refake parts. The true collectors will move first by smashing and braking the Refake vendors inventory to prevent any further contamination of their pristine games. Suddenly the once prized and restored classics will drop in value. In fact the poor smucks that used Refake parts will realize its not worth the cost of gas to take their junk home. So they fight back by burning the original games while those Collectors are busy congratulating themselves for getting rid of the vermin that tried to contaminate the breed. Allentown now in ruins. It spreads like a virus from there.

All this could have been prevented if only Rick would have had the courage to defeat the skeptics in Allentown by sending the MMR prototypes to the show.

#6 10 years ago

that grandpajoe.jpgthat grandpajoe.jpg

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from gpa_joe:

Clearly if MMR does not show up in Allentown it will make the original MM more valuable. Then the landslide starts. All the true collectors will gloat about how superior the original is because Rick was afraid of the scrutiny of the Allentown crowd. Refake orders will be cancelled by the thousands. Rick will be forced to drop the price on the Refake. Next there will be a great awakening. All the classic machines that have Refake back-glasses and light shields and play-fields will drop in value and original machines will skyrocket. Deep divisions will form and riots will break out to fight the tyranny of Refake parts. The true collectors will move first by smashing and braking the Refake vendors inventory to prevent any further contamination of their pristine games. Suddenly the once prized and restored classics will drop in value. In fact the poor smucks that used Refake parts will realize its not worth the cost of gas to take their junk home. So they fight back by burning the original games while those Collectors are busy congratulating themselves for getting rid of the vermin that tried to contaminate the breed. Allentown now in ruins. It spreads like a virus from there.
    All this could have been prevented if only Rick would have had the courage to defeat the skeptics in Allentown by sending the MMR prototypes to the show.

Oh well... I just have to hope someone brings a Raven to play instead.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Now that we know for sure that MMr will not be at Pinfest in Allentown, let our voices be heard! I'm disappointed not having the same opportunity that other buyers had before the deposits will be withheld. I was really hoping to play it a few times to see what I'm getting into as others have had. Seeing a game online in pictures and videos is one thing, but felling, holding and seeing it in person brings that inner child out that we all fell when getting a new pin. There are many disappointed MMR buyers that will be there. I am one of them. I hope PPS reconsiders their decision not to come.

I specifically was going to Allentown to see Predator and MMR

I was on the list of MMR LE, got off but got back on as I am really on the fence, but I was planning to see one in person to help me decide.

I am flabbergasted by them not attending Pinfest.

#9 10 years ago

I'm disappointed too. Will have to figure out where I can play it before fully committing. The reviews from those who have seen/played sound great, but still want to play it myself first.

#10 10 years ago

oh my gosh you guys make up so much drama

#11 10 years ago

Northvibe nailed it!!

Dear Rick,
    Just make the games.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from gpa_joe:

Can I have whatever your smoking?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hondanut:

Can I have whatever your smoking?

You need some if you cant read the humor in it ; )

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

I was holding onto a large portion of my money in the chance that if I don't find anything at the show, I would kick in a pre-order assuming I'de be impressed by the demo at A-Town. I'm still undecided... I can only get 1 MMr or maybe 2 other machines, RBION, WH2O is starting to warm up to me too... What annoys me is that I can only spend my money once!

#15 9 years ago

played it at the Dallas TxPinFest.
    it is sweet !

no b.s.

#16 9 years ago

I live in So Cal, one of the most populated areas in the country, and there is also no where close by that I can see one of these machines or even attend a pinball show. But I'm not complaining. I make do with whatever cards I am dealt.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I live in So Cal, one of the most populated areas in the country, and there is also no where close by that I can see one of these machines or even attend a pinball show. But I'm not complaining. I make do with whatever cards I am dealt.

That may change soon!

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That may change soon!

Which part?
    The fact that O-din lives in So Cal?
    The fact it is overpopulated?
    The fact there are no local shows to attend?
    The fact he is not complaining?
    The fact he like card game references?
    Or something about MMr?

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

played it at the Dallas TxPinFest.
    it is sweet !
    no b.s.

True statement...I can also vouch for this.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That may change soon!

And L.A. is getting another NFL team...soon....

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Which part?
    The fact that O-din lives in So Cal?
    The fact it is overpopulated?
    The fact there are no local shows to attend?
    The fact he is not complaining?
    The fact he like card game references?
    Or something about MMr?

Local Pinball show...

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And L.A. is getting another NFL team...soon....

As long as not the Raiders.

#23 9 years ago

I will gladly drive to texas to get the game then drive to Allentown so long as I do not have to return it

#24 9 years ago

Aren't there already enough pinball companies that focus more time on "epic marketing" than "manufacturing"?

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

As long as not the Raiders.

Then all the Dodgers thugs would have to change their colors again.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Aren't there already enough pinball companies that focus more time on "epic marketing" than "manufacturing"?

Would agree that the word "Epic" has been tossed around too much as of late....

#27 9 years ago

This news has completely ruined Allentown for me, and I'm not even going.

I can only imagine if I were.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This news has completely ruined Allentown for me, and I'm not even going.
    I can only imagine if I were.

yeah!!! and what a cheesy name for a city... "Allentown"... barf-o-la...
    would be much better if it were called "Bretttown". With 3 tees of course

if someone renamed it Bretttown, i'd figure out a way to get an MMR there for ya.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-mmr-going-to-allentown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.