Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ovfdfireman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D8BF5A21-E018-4733-BB09-7271C666AA20 (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

I'm looking to buy either a Metallica. Acdc, or Aerosmith, all pro, not le. Which is best and why?

#2 1 year ago

I own an Ac dc premium , Metallica pro , and Aerosmith pro. I normally would say AC DC premium all the way but you want the pro's and I personally don't like AC DC pro so I would have to go with Metallica lots of cool toys and it has a great rule set.

#3 1 year ago

I would get AS with the LCD screen and new code update.

Love me some MET though. I am not a fan of ACDC Pro when compared to MET or AS Pros.

#4 1 year ago

I’ve own all Met is still here.

#6 1 year ago

Metallica if you're going pro.

#7 1 year ago

I am a huge fan of all three and have them in my personal game room. Though I have AC/DC premium. Metallica is no doubt it’s best version as a pro, as is Aerosmith.

Truth be told I am not a fan of Aerosmith’s music, but there is something about the game I love. Hard choice but..

I would probably go Metallica Pro as my first choice

Greg Pinballpro.com

#8 1 year ago

I’ve spent heaps of time on all 3
Aerosmith pro for me
The rule set is so clear and engaging
The overall look and feel is just so slick
My favourite pro of all from Stern

#9 1 year ago

ACDC pro I do not care for, AS runs on spike ........ Met is best in a pro version and runs on the rock solid SAM system.

MET Pro all the way.

#10 1 year ago

All 3 are good fun fast games, really can't go wrong either way. Maybe pick it based on the music you like best.

#11 1 year ago

This is a can't lose situation...all great games. Aerosmith's new update sounds awesome, it's fun to shoot and great looking. AC/DC has that sweet Steve Ritchie flow and a nice deep ruleset. But Metallica...that MIGHT be the best game ever made. Layout, rules, art, humor, music, custom speech from the band, inline drops, etc, etc. Total package game all around. That doesn't take anything away from the other two though!

I personally like Metallica best, but I know there are many people who think AC/DC is one of the best ever (I like it a lot, but it's not quite on my must have list...yet). Aerosmith is a bit of a dark horse that no one expected to be as good as it is, and the new code pushes that even further.

I think you would be happy with any of them. Heck all three would make for an awesome collection that would compliment each other well. In your shoes, I would make sure you play all three, and if that doesn't help narrow it down, go with the one whos music you like most! You can't go wrong here!

#12 1 year ago

In this order: Metallica, AC/DC, AS. I had all three, AS left, other two still in my collection. Make sure you get a color dmd for Metallica or AC/DC, it's a game changer- literally and figuratively!

#13 1 year ago

Thx fr the input. Was leaning towards met anyways

#14 1 year ago

I have all 3 except aerosmith premium. I’ve obly really played a few games on aerosmith. I keep blowing nodes 8 an 9. Not sure why and it’s completely irritating me. But when I have played Aerosmith, I really liked it. Love the play, the different modes and the songs. But i would pick in this order... met, AC/DC and then aerosmith.

#15 1 year ago

Ordered a met pro today from next level pinball. Pick up Monday, gonna be long weekend

#16 1 year ago

If Pros are your only option than Met all the way...if premiums are an option I would go with AC/DC....they are all fun games so u really can't go wrong. The other criteria is whose music do you like better? For me it was AC/DC all the way, but the Met Pro is probably a better game

#17 1 year ago

I like all the bands, have seen em all. Met seemed like best game choice, but got a feeling other games will follow, as soon as savings acct fills again

#18 1 year ago

Picked up my Metallica today, great game. Installed shaker, ordered fangs , tongue and sparky protector. Any other must have mods?

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Picked up my Metallica today, great game. Installed shaker, ordered fangs , tongue and sparky protector. Any other must have mods?

color dmd, and cliffy protectors

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Speaker light kit ($49)
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3068

(Or $45 straight from http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html, and if you get it there, get a metallica insert for each speaker. Looks great.)

PBL Lollipop rails ($60)
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#21 1 year ago

To many to list but I made a home made hammer to imitate the Prem. Check it out in my threads I think it’s awsome cheap can do your self. Good choice imo have fun with it.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Congrats! I think it's the best Stern still to this day. Only other mods I would suggest is colordmd and external subwoofer. Lots of mods for MET but easy to spend big $$$ on stuff that adds no value.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Color DMD is aboot it.

Quoted from PtownPin:

and cliffy protectors

They've always shipped with Cliffys haven't they?

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Color DMD is aboot it.

By the snake, yes. But the scoop and under the apron is a good idea. The shooter lane and around the Sparky magnet is an option too.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

By the snake, yes. But the scoop and under the apron is a good idea. The shooter lane and around the Sparky magnet is an option too.

Pretty sure mine shipped with scoop. Been awHile though.

For the question other stuff is pointless IMO and not a 'needed' expense

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Color DMD is aboot it.

Nope....

#27 1 year ago

Lots to consider,, ,

#28 1 year ago

So how does external woofer hook up, and which to buy?

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So how does external woofer hook up, and which to buy?

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38
amazon.com link »

You can use alligator clips to hook right up to built in subwoofer but the kit is cleaner way to do it. It's a little expensive but has everything you need for the best sound quality. Look out for Polk Audio PSW10 sales. Amazon has them right now for $100 but there are often sales where they can be found for much less. Think I bought mine it was around $85 or so.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38
amazon.com link »
You can use alligator clips to hook right up to built in subwoofer but the kit is cleaner way to do it. It's a little expensive but has everything you need for the best sound quality. Look out for Polk Audio PSW10 sales. Amazon has them right now for $100 but there are often sales where they can be found for much less. Think I bought mine it was around $85 or so.

I second this the pinnovators setup is much cleaner (and its cheap)...combining the polk sub gives u great sound quality

#31 1 year ago

Thanks

#32 1 year ago

Hand painted Dirty Donny Sparky is always cool!

D8BF5A21-E018-4733-BB09-7271C666AA20 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 229.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside