Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IM_Magnet_Protectors_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

Wiring Trent some dough in the am for a NIB. Looking forward to an awesome experience on that like I have heard over and over and over.

I've wanted a MET basically for three months. I like how well they keep value and I've really liked the game when I've played it. Selling my got because i am not enthralled with the art, theme, or some of the confusing rules like multiple houses at once and lighting houses blah blah blah.

However I'm having a last minute nagging thought that I should order GB instead. Please tell me how stupid I am so I can stop thinking about switching my order.

#2 7 years ago

Get the GB LE if you can will be 12k by Xmas can't go wrong with that

#3 7 years ago

Pro only. I'm not made of money. I'm made of mostly fat and water.

#4 7 years ago

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either one, so you really can't go wrong. Any way you can get both?

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tazmancat:

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either one, so you really can't go wrong. Any way you can get both?

If you send me five grand yeah

#6 7 years ago

I don't know what the Metallica wait time is, but you're probably going to be waiting for awhile if you switch to GB Pro.

#7 7 years ago

I'd get MET - it's a proven winner. Stern will make tons of GB and you'll be able to get a used one a decent price later.

#8 7 years ago

I just bout a Met Pro myself over GB because Metallica has really proven itself to be a solid game over the years and a great value for the Pro. I ordered it over the GB myself because I know GB will be around for several more years easily and this might be the final run for Met. You can always wait it out and get a GB later on.

#9 7 years ago

Are you as happy with met as you thought you'd be?

#10 7 years ago

Buy what you've already played and enjoyed and you can't go wrong! GB will be around for a while.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from shiftysbs:

Of course, but I've played Met a lot so I know what I was in for. New Code update came out the same day I picked it up too so I couldn't really ask for more. Unfortunately though, the switch in the mystery scoop is busted, but Stern is sending a new one to me.

#12 7 years ago

I have owned my MET pro for a couple of years now and its still my go to game when I have a few minutes to get a game in. I have no thought of moving it.

#13 7 years ago

Personally I would and am going with Met Pro. Proven winner and maybe last chance to buy nib.

Anything else can wait.

#14 7 years ago

Sorry, fella, Medrainica will never live in my game room!

Buy what you like and you will be fine. Don't listen to weirdoes like me!

#15 7 years ago

If you're considering GB based on buzz and without much/any game play, I'd skip it for now and get MET. MET is proven to you and will no longer be available new soon. GB will be for sale for a couple of years or more, so it gives you plenty of time to play it and decide at a later time.

Ever consider TWD? Both Borg Lyman combo pins on a modified fan design. It is the successor to the MET in both design and game-play philosophy. For many, it comes down to theme preference.

#16 7 years ago

GB all the way!

Better game, better rules, beter toys, better art, better tunes, better everything!

#17 7 years ago

Met by a mile.... also twd is pretty dam amazing also . Gb is just ok at the moment plus u will be able to get one for years to come unlike met and twd

#18 7 years ago

Just keep it simple and buy MET. MET is a solid proven performer and won't be around forever, so get one and play the crap out of it. If you like something better trade your MET for it in the future. MET is rated at about a top 10 game of all time so there will be a lot of offers from folks wanting to trade up to get it.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

If your considering GB based on buzz and without much/any game play, I'd skip it for now and get MET. MET is proven to you and will no longer be available new soon. GB will be for sale for a couple of years or more, so it gives you plenty of time to play it and decide at a later time.
    Ever consider TWD? Both Borg Lyman combo pins on a modified fan design. It is the successor to the MET in both design and game-play philosophy. For many, it comes down to theme preference.

My five year old daughters future nightmares just gave you a middle finger (but I agree. Good game)

#20 7 years ago

Both are awesome. Based on what you said about GOT, I'd go with Metallica - it has the more straightforward rules of the two games.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just keep it simple and buy MET. MET is a solid proven performer and won't be around forever, so get one and play the crap out of it. If you like something better trade your MET for it in the future. MET is rated at about a top 10 game of all time so there will be a lot of offers from folks wanting to trade up to get it.

That's what im thinking. Met is not going to lose value in the four year range. I know: we don't do this to make money it's a hobby blah blah blah.

#22 7 years ago

I recently bought Metallica and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a fun paced game, with great rules. The music, art, dots, and playfield layout are all really well done. No regrets at all with the game.

I'm actually trying to decide between TWD and GB premiums for my second game. Something tells me I should buy TWD, but GB just looks amazing.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShot:

I recently bought Metallica and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a fun paced game, with great rules. The music, art, dots, and playfield layout are all really well done. No regrets at all with the game.
    I'm actually trying to decide between TWD and GB premiums for my second game. Something tells me I should buy TWD, but GB just looks amazing.

Pins are made to play not to just look at. Sure its nice that gb looks amazing but twd gameplay and code are top notch and one the best ever. gb has a ways to go imo but apparently its mostly finished so i may go with the pro on that one . You're not to far away if u wanna come by some time and check out some pins.

#24 7 years ago

Grab a NIB MET PRO now and a GB PREM later.

#25 7 years ago

Go for a Met. I believe the license runs out this year. GB will be run for another two and a half years if the game is good and popular.

#26 7 years ago

Is there any way to find a MET in stock? I know a lot of people like to deal with Trent but I'm not sure I could stand the wait if it wasn't in stock.

#27 7 years ago

You can't go wrong either way. Both games are a ton of fun. As others have mentioned Met may not be available new for much longer unless the license is renewed, whereas GB should be available for at least a few years. Great choice no matter what you decide.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Pins are made to play not to just look at. Sure its nice that gb looks amazing but twd gameplay and code are top notch and one the best ever. gb has a ways to go imo but apparently its mostly finished so i may go with the pro on that one . You're not to far away if u wanna come by some time and check out some pins.

Thanks for the offer BigD, maybe I'll drop by when you get a Ghostbusters lol. I'd think the premium is the way to go for GB though with the mag slings, subway ramp, and ecto goggles.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is there any way to find a MET in stock? I know a lot of people like to deal with Trent but I'm not sure I could stand the wait if it wasn't in stock.

They're in stock.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Flato:

Get the GB LE if you can will be 12k by Xmas can't go wrong with that

I hope you're kidding about this. The prices have already come down on them.

Both great games, though, so the OP can't go wrong. And Trent is da man!

#31 7 years ago

Trent is a great guy. New or used...
    "Man I really regret buying Metallica."
    - said no one, ever.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from shiftysbs:

Wiring Trent some dough in the am for a NIB. Looking forward to an awesome experience on that like I have heard over and over and over.
    I've wanted a MET basically for three months. I like how well they keep value and I've really liked the game when I've played it.

Don't wait a day longer and get a MET.

Take a ride in Ecto 1 another time.

#33 7 years ago

I was in the same boat. Wanted a MET but then GB came along. Thought I wanted GB but after playing more than just a few games I was in doubt. It's pretty fun in all but frustrating at times. I was waiting to try out a premium but that's taking a while. I knew MET was great so I went with that. GB will be around for a while and I will wait and see how it develops. Right now I am really enjoying MET. I knew it was fun but really starting to understand why some many people love it. It's the got the right balance of everything. Not too hard, not too complicated, not too frustrating - just great fun. I really like how it's pretty easy to understand the rules. I'm not a fan of the complicated pins like GOT either.

#34 7 years ago

Great deals can be found on huo MET Premiums right now, if yer nice and courteous.

#35 7 years ago

But I also know Trent is doing great deals on nib METs.
    Can't ya smell that smell ?

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope you're kidding about this. The prices have already come down on them.
    Both great games, though, so the OP can't go wrong. And Trent is da man!

Though I would not fault him on a GB pick I thought the giant grin implied I was being humorous

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShot:

Thanks for the offer BigD, maybe I'll drop by when you get a Ghostbusters lol. I'd think the premium is the way to go for GB though with the mag slings, subway ramp, and ecto goggles.

Had a gb premium on order but have since canceled . Im gonna wait to see where it goes tho .

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Both are awesome. Based on what you said about GOT, I'd go with Metallica - it has the more straightforward rules of the two games.

Met is a great game but I wouldn't call the rules straightforward. GB rules are much easier to understand for me.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can't ya smell that smell ?

The smell of death surrounds you

#40 7 years ago

I sold my MET to get a GB, I sold my GB to get rid of my GB.
    I liked MET a ton more...even with the music I don't like.

I don't like talking aboot "Toys" because I'm 41, but what "better toys" does GB have? Sure as shit ain't Slimer or luke warm drops. Left captive balls are nice but not that exciting

#41 7 years ago

Agree with a post above, new in box Metallica now an ghostbusters premium later down the track.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

GB all the way!
    Better game, better rules, beter toys, better art, better tunes, better everything!

It should be an easy decision now... get Met and its not even close.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from shiftysbs:

If you look at my collection I've a lot of A-list Stern pins and Met pro is without a doubt top 3

I go back and forth on what else is top 3 but it's always Met pro.

I have yet to play GB so I can't speak for how good it may be, but Met pro is a proven game, great art, great tunes, great rules, great shots. Can't think of a bad thing on Met pro except maybe lack of spinners which I think Stern cheapened out but I'm not missing them, just something that could have made it a tiny bit better. Spinners are like bacon, everything is better with bacon.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Flato:

Though I would not fault him on a GB pick I thought the giant grin implied I was being humorous

Point taken - sometimes people put the grin in (rather than the laughing emoji) because they've ordered one and they're happy their machine has appreciated in value. That's why I was confused - thanks for clarifying!

#45 7 years ago

My last NIB stern was STLE. I started riding out the wait and it got easier and easier. I made alternate choices and tried different things. Along the way I picked up a HUO Mustang Pro, AMH and Full Throttle. Met and GB both seemed to be good when released. Met, although not my personal taste, has proven to be great. I love the GB theme and art. I'm pretty sure I love the play. If you like both, Met seems the better choice for you today. I think it's going to be a very special LE that really stands out (like STLE) to get my NIB money soon for Stern.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I think it's going to be a very special LE that really stands out (like STLE) to get my NIB money soon for Stern.

You must be referring to Aerosmith!!!

#47 7 years ago

Hahahahaha!

Aerosmith = Immediate station changer in my car.

I'm glad somebody loves them.

#48 7 years ago

Seriously though, it was all the extra detail to the cabinet and armor that made it special and really stand out from the premium.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from shiftysbs:

Everybody is.

#50 7 years ago

Met Pro was my first, and probably only, NIB purchase. I couldn't be happier. While I like GB, Met is up there as one of my all time favorites.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-from-trent-gb-met?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.