Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IM_Magnet_Protectors_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Glad you went MET, now get on the GB PREM. My NIB MET from Trent was delivered today. What do I need to buy to protect it? Whysnow mentioned magnet damage?

I think he was referring to the magnet core getting dimpled, I've had mine for 3 months and mine is dimpled. A new magnet core is like $10 from PBL, no big deal

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think he was referring to the magnet core getting dimpled, I've had mine for 3 months and mine is dimpled. A new magnet core is like $10 from PBL, no big deal

Magnet core's will always dimple, that's not a bad thing, you don't want a magnet core harder than the pinball that would damage the ball.

#103 7 years ago

Nice choice going with MET. Get a colordmd for it. I put one in mine the other day and what a difference it makes. Whoever did the coloring did an amazing job.

#104 7 years ago

Never had any wear around my mag on met....no mylar

Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice choice going with MET. Get a colordmd for it. I put one in mine the other day and what a difference it makes. Whoever did the coloring did an amazing job.

Yeah that was REALLY well done.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

I just put Mylar circles around my met magnets as I hated the idea of adding cliffs there. After hundreds of games, no wear.

Are you referring to these type of protectors?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

IM_Magnet_Protectors_(resized).JPGIM_Magnet_Protectors_(resized).JPG

1 week later
    #106 7 years ago

Where are pics of the game?!?

#107 7 years ago

I cut my own, but yes, same thing.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

I cut my own, but yes, same thing.

i just bought a nib met and should i use the cliffys around the magnets???? or mylar circles???

great pick-up btw awesome game

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from gameover1173:

i just bought a nib met and should i use the cliffys around the magnets???? or mylar circles???
    great pick-up btw awesome game

I didn't like the cliffs there, just didn't sit flush enough for me. The mylar has prevented any wear and I can always remove them if I want.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-from-trent-gb-met/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.