Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IM_Magnet_Protectors_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

Dont even think about it. Metallica all the way. You pinball card will be revoked if you choose GB over Metallica. I have owned Metallica since release, Same as GB.

I dont think they are even close in comparison. I really think people are still drinking way to much GB kool-aid. The art is good the theme is good, the game in my opinion kinda blows. I am one to play they game and not look at the art while I sit in a chair. You can probably spend $100 on some cool art if thats what you want.

#52 7 years ago

I am amazed that so many people like Metallica so much. I still dont understand it. To me it is just another fan layout (JAFL for short) with OK code, a really meh bash toy that takes entirely to long to start once you achive mutliball, quite often lots of PF issues around the magnet, and pretty meh band theme for pinball. Fun to play ocasionally but not one I woudl want to own, esp when comparing to games like GB and TWD.

#53 7 years ago

Case closed. Wire sent to Trent.

Verdict?

WWE.

just kidding. I'm not that stupid. Metallica

#55 7 years ago

Made the right choice. MET is one of the best games made.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am amazed that so many people like Metallica so much. I still dont understand it. To me it is just another fan layout (JAFL for short) with OK code, a really meh bash toy that takes entirely to long to start once you achive mutliball, quite often lots of PF issues around the magnet, and pretty meh band theme for pinball. Fun to play ocasionally but not one I woudl want to own, esp when comparing to games like GB and TWD.

It seems like a pretty singular strategy game. Can't remember if it was the Bro podcast or the Flippin one, but that's what they were discussing. I don't have many plays on one, but Sparky is my first and only goal and then see how things go after that.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from shiftysbs:

Case closed. Wire sent to Trent.
    Verdict?
    WWE.
    just kidding. I'm not that stupid. Metallica

Great choice on all, but the wire.

Use a credit card.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I don't have many plays on one, but Sparky is my first and only goal and then see how things go after that.

What scores are you throwing up with that strategy on average?

#59 7 years ago

I've owned met. Gets old bashing sparky and hitting the two short metal ramps. Felt the game was too easy. You can't go wrong with either though, both will maintain value. Stern will keep making met as long as people buy it.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

It seems like a pretty singular strategy game. Can't remember if it was the Bro podcast or the Flippin one, but that's what they were discussing. I don't have many plays on one, but Sparky is my first and only goal and then see how things go after that.

This was my initial strategy, but since I switched to focusing on CIU my scores have gotten much better. Grant it, with this strategy I almost always end up starting electric chair multiball.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Great choice on all, but the wire.
    Use a credit card.

Why? Trent from tilt is a+++++ dealer.

#62 7 years ago

Just a quick memo: if you're strictly going for sparky MB as your "strategy, " you are horrible at Met. That is all.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just a quick memo: if you're strictly going for sparky MB as your "strategy, " you are horrible at Met. That is all.

CIU is where it's at.That is all.

#64 7 years ago

Yes the MBS are there to help you get to CIU. Hit sparky a few times ro get some inserts lit, personally I like to go drop MB first, then head into CIU, double it and come out where sparky is close and then start that. Shoot all the shots before starting MB so the inserts are lit.

#65 7 years ago

Neeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrdssssssss

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from shiftysbs:

I am sure he is a great guy, but if you run into a real problem with the product you have virtually no recourse.

#67 7 years ago

For those about to rock....oops wrong game....we still salute you. Congrats ! See ya in the clubhouse.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from Jaybird815:

CIU is where it's at.That is all.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes the MBS are there to help you get to CIU. Hit sparky a few times ro get some inserts lit, personally I like to go drop MB first, then head into CIU, double it and come out where sparky is close and then start that. Shoot all the shots before starting MB so the inserts are lit.

OK, I am horrible at MET. Please explain the acronyms because I don't understand them.

When I get a chance to play MET, which is about once a month, I usually go for multiballs. Sparky, Coffin, maybe try to hit the snake and some drops a few times. Any help is appreciated.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

OK, I am horrible at MET. Please explain the acronyms because I don't understand them.
    When I get a chance to play MET, which is about once a month, I usually go for multiballs. Sparky, Coffin, maybe try to hit the snake and some drops a few times. Any help is appreciated.

Crank it up are 4 modes you start after collecting enough of each item. The items are the inserts lit, or for hitting the areas; snake, coffin, chair, gravemarker. So when you complete enough of each item the large insert will light above the flippers...get all 4 lit and Crank it up, CIU, is lit. When you're in CIU the points are big, hitting all 4 item areas again lights the CIU scoop so you can leave CIU...you need to make sure to hit the fuel targets that will light the piston, to start X2 scoring before you leave(playa). So, you get 30mill points in CIU, if you leave you cash out 30 million more, if you double it before you cash out the cash out doubles again.
    This is where all the points are in the game. All 4 CIU modes light End of Line extrememly hard to get to.

Multipliers are very important along with AAB, add a ball. When in MB hit all 4 guitar picks to light the snake scoop, which will add a ball & double playfield scoring for 20 seconds. You can also complete fuel targets to double it again, making 4X possible during normal MB modes. Hit a super jackpot with 4x scoring for the best call out in history. Each area has it's own MB also.

Just another fan layout...pretty lame eh?

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What scores are you throwing up with that strategy on average?

I can't remember honestly. The last several times I played it was in the tournament at Zapcon. That was set up hard and fast with a crazy tight tilt. I wouldn't use those scores in any type of analysis anyway since there were very few scores people were happy with on that weekend.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

This was my initial strategy, but since I switched to focusing on CIU my scores have gotten much better. Grant it, with this strategy I almost always end up starting electric chair multiball.

I actually got to CIU on my first time playing the game. It was unboxed the day before and the event (not Zapcon mentioned above) was 120 miles away from where I live. So, not many people knew what to do. I was one who didn't really know what to do. All I know is my score went from ~33m to ~65m very fast and then it was over. There isn't one on location here, but I'll get some time on it at some point.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just another fan layout...pretty lame eh?

yeah, pretty one dimensional from what I have seen.

Qualifying game with limited attempts then shoot for a few multis and possibly get a good game so you make a crank it up.

Unlimited tries or looking to blow it up at home then work with a goal of CIU.

The shots are all pretty standard JAFL.

I do like the feel of the metal ramps, so that is a positive.

#72 7 years ago

The key to the game is risk vs reward; do you take a couple more shots to level up your CIU mode? Do you try to double it before you go out? Lot of gambling in MET

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The key to the game is risk vs reward; do you take a couple more shots to level up your CIU mode? Do you try to double it before you go out? Lot of gambling in MET

Yep. Just like AC/DC, it's the risk/reward aspect of the ruleset that makes it so compelling. Since the CIU modes are all single ball, they can be quite an adrenaline rush. Do you cash it in, or go for more? I love it!!!!

#74 7 years ago

I find it to be wood choping all to get to CIU (which are admittedly pretty fun)

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I find it to be wood choping all to get to CIU (which are admittedly pretty fun)

It would be choppy if you just had to hit each area itself instead of chaining them together.
    The good part is it's balanced very well in order to progress through the CIU modes; if you play it right.
    After the first CIU, the latter MBs like snake & coffin (well snake is later for me anyway) are there and close to help you get further.
    So really it's a very MB heavy game...which works for it well & lots of people like MB. Now, on the opposite side you have GB, which is almost devoid of MBs other than the standard which can be over in a heartbeat. And if you can make it to WCWS MBs they're even quicker....unless you slow them waaaay down which some people like to do.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The key is to light the inserts, and use those to progress to CIU. Hell, last time I played Met in league, I started seek n destroy on the first ball. Started multiball, paid attention to what was not lit, moved the selector around and filled in inserts quickly. Started SND then first CIU when multiball ended. Kicked opponents ass quite handily that game...

Chopping wood happens when you don't understand how to play the game well.

#77 7 years ago

I just think someone who does not like Metallica loved Naptster.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

Don't be a communist....everyone loved napster...and everyone hates lars for being a douche.......but.........it's metallica. It's like hating Ivonka trump.......Go ahead, tell me how much you hate her dad....your eyes would turn into the heart emoji if she made eye contact with you.....

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

Hahaha...so we loved Metallcia before 1999?

#80 7 years ago

No we loved Metallica before this!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#81 7 years ago

Tri-thumbs on that one Jailbird.

#82 7 years ago

I went to 6 proms in 91-92. Walked those girls off the dance floor every, single, time that dummy played Enter Sandman.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from shiftysbs:

If all dealers are priced the same I will go to the one that accepts a credit card

This way I get 1%-2% cash back & it's a super easy payment method. Plus I feel safer

If a dealer offers a lower cash price then I will wire but I keep hearing all dealers are the same price now

Shit if amazon had pros for $5500 like ebay I'd cash in some existing rewards plus earn 3% in a quickness.

#84 7 years ago

What's in your wallet ?
    What ain't no country I ever heard of.

#85 7 years ago

My wife gets over 3% : 20 year pals.
    There needs to be a Samuel L. Jackson pin.

#86 7 years ago

Get TallicA and save yourself from coming on Pinside Screaming for a Ve

TallicA is Awesome all around and LoOks Great, Ghostbuster is a LoOker but a Drain Fest

#87 7 years ago

Thunderking vs. his caps key.
    And....fight !!!

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thunderking vs. his caps key.
    And....fight !!!

#89 7 years ago

Lol yer my boy Blue.

#90 7 years ago

Never had a problem with Trent
    I'm more if a early album metalica fan and
    I've seen Metallik do some crazy stuff on met.. opened my eyes to how you string together combos and set up shots for big scores. .freaking awesome

#92 7 years ago

Guess you sold the GOT Pro? Glad you found a Metallica. I love mine, hard pin to get rid of.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from Major-Havoc:

Guess you sold the GOT Pro? Glad you found a Metallica. I love mine, hard pin to get rid of.

Thankfully I didn't take too big of a hit on it. I liked it but it just wasn't for me. Maybe I'll never be happy. There's plenty of us that'll never be happy right ?

#94 7 years ago

Expensive hobby to keep taking a loss. Hopefully Metallica sticks.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from Major-Havoc:

Here's to hoping.

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Major-Havoc:

I really think it will though. I think it takes time to refine what you want. I've got two slots. I'll always move the other slot around but the priority spot has cost money since I sold woz and went to two.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can't ya smell that smell ?

Why? Is Trent also doing great deals on Lynyrd Skynyrd's?

#98 7 years ago

Glad you went MET, now get on the GB PREM. My NIB MET from Trent was delivered today. What do I need to buy to protect it? Whysnow mentioned magnet damage?

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Glad you went MET, now get on the GB PREM. My NIB MET from Trent was delivered today. What do I need to buy to protect it? Whysnow mentioned magnet damage?

Shipping appears to only be taking five days. F-ing fabulous. Trent is the Amazon of pinball.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

I just put Mylar circles around my met magnets as I hated the idea of adding cliffs there. After hundreds of games, no wear.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-from-trent-gb-met/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.