(Topic ID: 296907)

Buying from an out of state dealer for dummies….

By PurveyorOfMirth

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi all…newbie to the site here and diving in for my first post! Anyways, looking to acquire my first machine, and after some research and playing, the wife has given a go-ahead to move forward! I am leaning towards a NIB Stern Jurassic Park (Premium). I am located in SC, and I cannot find any local/nearby dealers to purchase from. It seems I will have to go with someone from another state and have it shipped.

Does anyone have good recommendations on who to go with? Who have some of you used? Positives and negatives? Customer service in general for out of state customers? I am just trying to figure out what I should be looking for. It seems like most I’ve seen are all taking deposits for December deliveries…just looking for someone with personal experience to give me some direction. Thanks!!

#2 2 years ago

Buy from a out of state distributor who offers free shipping. Save the sales tax. I used Zach at Flip N Out and it was a great experience.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Buy from a out of state distributor who offers free shipping. Save the sales tax. I used Zach at Flip N Out and it was a great experience.

Absolutely- contact ZMeny at FlipNOut Pinball. He’ll take care of you

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/

#4 2 years ago

Might wanna go with a dealer with a good reputation for helping people if you don't know much aboot fixing/dealing with machines.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Might wanna go with a dealer with a good reputation for helping people if you don't know much aboot fixing/dealing with machines.

Welcome PurveyorOfMirth to Pinside and congrats on your first post! Getting your first pinball is an exciting time. TheLaw makes an outstanding point, but my guess you’ve exhausted that option. Buying new in box will help eliminate any issues. I wasn’t aware Zach offers free shipping, but I know he’ll stand behind you if you have problems. Of course, everyone on this forum can also offer help. Get your wife involved and there can be many more pins in your future!

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Welcome PurveyorOfMirth to Pinside and congrats on your first post! Getting your first pinball is an exciting time. TheLaw makes an outstanding point, but my guess you’ve exhausted that option. Buying new in box will help eliminate any issues. I wasn’t aware Zach offers free shipping, but I know he’ll stand behind you if you have problems. Of course, everyone on this forum can also offer help. Get your wife involved and there can be many more pins in your future!

Quoted from ToucanF16:

I don't agree with a NIB Pin eliminating any issues....You can find out of state used Pins for great prices, much lower than NIB, that are totally issue free. Check out the sellers feedback and see what other buyers have left for feedback. As always do your research before you jump ! I have purchased a few from clear across the country with absolutely no issues. As far as getting the wife involved and getting many more pins in your future ? Statistics say NO, She'll shut that down after a couple

#7 2 years ago

For your consideration .

New game issues not uncommon . Look at threads folks trying to get their NIB issues resolved . Some easy some hard to repair . Dealer out of state either really long arms or virtual help their only option .
    Local dealer relationship can have value over time . Should nicely at least offer the business if local guy will come close to price match . Maybe deep issue occurs and you need ( or just want service instead DIY ) service .
    Be prepared for possible teething in period with hopefully minor issues . That is life in pinball.
    Shipping damages do occur . If you pick up from or have local dealer deliver and install better odds day 1 game 1 on your new toy will be without drama . If you have yet to move 280 pound object up or down stairs delivery and setup money well spent .
    If you are a DIY guy you will get lots help here .
    Enjoy your search Shane

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-from-an-out-of-state-dealer-for-dummies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.