Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jfre81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

361176.jpg
    D1CDD4CF-939B-43D3-AB48-A3659E685229 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

I still think there is good value in those $2,500 DMDs. Just looking over the top-100: The Shadow, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Getaway, Fish Tales, Road Show, Judge Dredd, World Cup Soccer, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, Johnny Mnemonic, etc. all seem like you might be able to find them in that range. But there really are great games in all price ranges, so my suggestion is to make several lists and see what turns up in your area.

#23 6 years ago

Monopoly has a unique layout with a lot of toys. I like playing it on location, but it doesn't get the adrenaline pumping like Bram Stoker's Dracula (BSD). The appeal to BSD is that you're almost always a few shots away from a great game. Games are fairly quick, so you can keep hitting the start button and savor the moments when you start hearing Dracula saying, "10 million!", "20 million!!", "30 million!!!". I've owned many of the games I listed. Of those, Jurassic Park was the one played most often by friends. It has a good theme and one of the best toys in pinball. Despite that, I sold it off and brought in a Fish Tales. Another one of those games where you're always a few shots away from a great game. I actually like it more then BSD, but I'm probably in the minority there. I just really enjoy those crossing ramp shots. Seriously though, the best way to decide what you want is to play games. Personally, I like quick and simple games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-first-pin?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.