7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rufessor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

Looking to purchase my very first table. Found a Genie in fair condition (back glass has seen better days little wear on upper play field and currently has no sound)guy said he would clean/install ring kit etc. and try to figure out if it needs a soundboard.
    Over all condition wise I'd give it a 7 out of 10 any advice as far as price is concerned?

#2 7 years ago

I would say that the game your describing is a sub $1,000 game...by how much that all depends on how bad you want it. A Genie can command around $2,000 in really good condition with little to no wear. Without pictures I would estimate at $700 to $850 would be fair to offer.

#3 7 years ago

My apologies thought I attached pictures correctly. First time posting, thanks to anyone that offers up an opinion

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4 7 years ago

I would suggest against buying a pin that needed work,unless your a hobbyist that likes to work on stuff,and has the ability to understand the workings of a pinball machine! Also,they multiply faster than Rabbits:)So have room for more!!

#5 7 years ago

She sure is pretty. It can be frustrating trying to fix a game, but if you are up to it that would be a great game to start with. Hopefully the price is closer to 500. Welcome to the sickness and enjoy the ride.

#6 7 years ago

As Floyd said I think $700 is fair. Genie is a cool game.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I would suggest against buying a pin that needed work,unless your a hobbyist that likes to work on stuff,and has the ability to understand the workings of a pinball machine! Also,they multiply faster than Rabbits:)So have room for more!!

100% agree. I was so excited about my first pin...didn't even think of maintenance requirements. You plug it in and it works!! Hmmm
    3+ years ago I knew nothing about a pinball, other than they were fun to play.

I had nothing but problems with it! Had to get technical help out, replace boards, Opto's and check just about every switch on it! I brought it from a dealer, first mistake. Only buy from collectors or NIB now.

Looking back it was a good thing to have all these probs on my first pin. I learnt so much about how a pinball works over the three months it took me to get it working 100%. Now 3 years on can identify and fix most probs myself and only call tech help in for board work.

I was only getting one......lol

#8 7 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm not to worried about repairs as he said he was gonna go through it all and he seems like a great guy. We have a couple of very knowledgable people around that I'm sure I can ask for help if needed until I feel proficient enough to do things on my own.
    Would've bought my first table along time ago, but needed the house to put a collection in....
    This table will cost me $900 repaired so I don't think it's to far off the mark.

I appreciate all the feedback!

#9 7 years ago

Do it

#10 7 years ago

900 repaired is probably reasonable. Just beware the backglsss is pretty fried. Looks like a lot of significant cracks. Not sure on this game but I suspect a replacement is available in the 200-300 range. Not totally sure 900 is a full go as is- but if it requires work and someone does the work and it's fully working it's probably worth that. Play field looks superb! Congrats!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-first-pin-need-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.