• 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by STxPinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200801-132354 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

So I originally set my mind on buying JPP's Dialed In LE as my first pin. I sold a watch that I had to fund this mission and when the funds became available I changed my mind and placed an order for a Jurassic Park Premium. I started waffling about it today after watching many hours of live streams and felt like I might want to go back to my original decision and buy Dialed In. It isn't too late to change my mind but I need to decide by Monday. At this moment in time I figure that Dialed In might be smoother flowing and perhaps even more fun to play. Jurassic Park seems to have the edge regarding longevity as it seems to be deeper and more difficult to master over time. I know that these types of topics come about and I am curious to get other's opinions as to which one I should choose. Thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance fall all input.

I think that JP is the far better game. I would certainly recommend trying to play them first, however, and get a feel for what you like the best.
Here is the pinside pinball map for your area:

Screenshot_20200801-132354 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200801-132354 (resized).png
#30 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

Thanks for the detailed comparison of the games. You're right I just assumed that JP was deeper but it's great to hear the DI is right up there with it. I definitely like the look for the playfield and great light show by DI. I wish I could stop waffling around and make up my mind. This is a tough decision.

Both are very, very good. You won't be disappointed with either. Getting play time on them will show you a clear winner, however. I'm sure you could reach out to some pinsiders in your area to play them if there are none in nearby locations.

If you play both and are truly 50/50 on it afterwards, you could base it on price, availability, and theme. You could also always get one, and then sell it to get the other down the road...or you could just do what most other pinsiders do and get both! Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-first-pin-and-loving-it?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.