(Topic ID: 188552)

Buying ColorDMD?

By Rdoyle1978

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-05-26-06-06-10 (resized).png
    FullSizeRender 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hockeymag8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm trying to buy a ColorDMD - PPS is out of stock, and the ColorDMD Store shows 'currently unavailable' for every LED AND LCD. something must be going on. I emailed Randy, but anybody know - is this normal? I've been able to order one in the past, but it's been a while

Yep they are just out of stock. Was going to pull the trigger and he said they were out. However now that I went to Ann Arbor pinball show not sure if I am going LED or LCD so appreciating the extra time to ponder....

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Curious, which did you like better in person? I'm leaning towards the LED because of cost, but am wondering which one to get when they come back in.

I am still torn after spending a ton of time looking at both (I went with a friend so whenever she was playing I was obsessed looking at the DMDs - especially where the LED and LCDs were very close to each other).

I love the vibrant colors of the LED for sure. TFTC looked really good. However the images were not as crisp and easy to see/read as the LCD. I did not like the LCD hi res that looked like a cartoon unless you are going to put it on a cartoon game. For me some lines/breaks like the large dots LCD looked great.

Very noticeable to me was the black backing of the LED compared to the lighter backing of the LCD. It just did not look as crisp when blending in with other blacks on the game.

So think I am going LED for lower cost/better blacks/better tie in with speaker lights/I like dots - gonna be a lost art with the new LCD games now coming out/easier fit/lower power consumption/better viewing from side

However I think I am making myself mental over analyzing this as either way LED/LCD - the color blows away the orange. You see so many images you never did before.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hockeymag8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-colordmd?tu=hockeymag8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.