Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rondogg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy or sell a machine during this pandemic?”

• Yes 55 votes
      53%
    • No 23 votes
      22%
    • Depends on the deal 26 votes
      25%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Virus free envelope pinball_LI (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

I came across a game for sale today that I’m very interested in; however, it’s a state away (4 hours each way). If we weren’t in the middle of a pandemic, it would be mine. Are people making deals with an agreement to pick up at a future date? Taking a risk to have a new toy now?

I’m seeing a lot of machines selling and was interested to get feedback from those that are traversing the wastelands to make a deal. What have your experiences been like? Is it more risk or reward?

Hoping to have an open conversation with buyers, sellers, and anyone who wants to provide input.

#2 4 years ago

I’ve had to put things on hold due to the shutdown. It’s unclear how long things will be affected. Best bet is to hold off on any large transaction in case this lasts for a while. Keep your money for now, plenty of games will be available as soon as things get back to “normal”

#3 4 years ago

I just sold a game last week and just placed an order for a new game today.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’ve had to put things on hold due to the shutdown. It’s unclear how long things will be affected. Best bet is to hold off on any large transaction in case this lasts for a while. Keep your money for now, plenty of games will be available as soon as things get back to “normal”

This. Im not scared of meeting people to buy a pin. I am scared of loosing my job and income , better to hold on to your money until covid passes.

#5 4 years ago

Big concerns around these parts is no one wants to handle Ca$h

#6 4 years ago

Current rule here is no more than 10 people gathering at once. As long as I'm not picking up the game at a party I'm good. Count cash, sanitize hands. Atm deposit, sanitize hands. Take pin home, sanitize pin. Open beer, sanitize from the inside out.

#7 4 years ago

Waiting for our NIB delivery (order placed in late Jan) by ship. It’s due end of April, so we’ll see when we’ll actually get it. There are more important things to worry about right now though.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Count the cash. Wash your hands. If you jam the cash in an envelope and let it sit for a couple weeks the virus could not survive. My cash stash is virus free as it has been sitting in an envelope for months.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Duke-:

Current rule here is no more than 10 people gathering at once. As long as I'm not picking up the game at a party I'm good. Count cash, sanitize hands. Atm deposit, sanitize hands. Take pin home, sanitize pin. Open beer, sanitize from the inside out.

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
    #10 4 years ago

I will have a few games going up for sale in a week or so. Not worried about it. Just stay calm , wash, gel your hands , .

#11 4 years ago

I keep waiting for the 3-4 games i am looking for to come up for sale. No one is posting them though so i will keep waiting.....

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Duke-:

this

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

With both, my sale and my purchase, no cash was handled. Did the sale through PayPal F&F, and then bought a new game with PayPal Debit card.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

I came across a game for sale today that I’m very interested in; however, it’s a state away (4 hours each way). If we weren’t in the middle of a pandemic, it would be mine. Are people making deals with an agreement to pick up at a future date? Taking a risk to have a new toy now?
    I’m seeing a lot of machines selling and was interested to get feedback from those that are traversing the wastelands to make a deal. What have your experiences been like? Is it more risk or reward?
    Hoping to have an open conversation with buyers, sellers, and anyone who wants to provide input.

I did make an agreement few days ago to pick up in future date. It depends on who the seller is actually. I trust this guy and we have made deals in the past as well so it's all good.
    If you know the seller and you know that you can trust him then why not making a deal when the opportunitie will appear to you?

#15 4 years ago

Two weeks ago I traded my WOZ for an AC/DC. As we were packing the games up, and hearing news about a pending stay at home order, we were both thinking our timing was perfect. Being stuck at home with a new pin is nice. I think with cash being tight, trades will become more common.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

This.

#17 4 years ago

I had planned to pick up a pin about 6 hours away. Was gonna make a couple day trip out of it with the family, but with everything being in lock-down that whole idea got postponed. I've been in contact with the seller from the beginning so hopefully it all works out and I can pick it up in a few weeks.

#18 4 years ago

I have one packed up ready to ship. they are closed to the public here.
    Another one sold, sitting here waiting on pick up.

Neither guy is in a hurry for the game.
    Both are safe and secure here.

Pinball can wait for sure.
    I also have a couple of games locked up on location.
    They are not open during this Covid crisis either.

#19 4 years ago

Everyone situation is different. Me personally would not venture out more than 30 minutes from home to pick up game. Family depends on me. If I have car trouble get hurt moving game etc or my family has an issue and im 4 hours away thats a problem. Im 50 years old now.
    Now reverse to me being 30 single no family I may think differently and make a 4 hour trek to get a game.

#20 4 years ago

When asking for cash, always insist:

Virus free envelope pinball_LI (resized).jpgVirus free envelope pinball_LI (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-and-selling-during-a-pandemic?hl=axaios and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.