(Topic ID: 218538)

Buying an LE is it important what number you get?

By chad

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Astropin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

no1.jpg

#1 10 months ago

Do you have a particular number. Me personally I do not care as the LE is hard to come by. Any LE pin.

#2 10 months ago

User Error, Double Post

#3 10 months ago

Oops

#4 10 months ago

Oops

#5 10 months ago

Dang It my computer is screwed up

#6 10 months ago

Dang It my computer is screwed up

#7 10 months ago

Can someone delete all these?

#8 10 months ago

no idea why but some people are way into it.

#9 10 months ago

#10 10 months ago

edit: no idea what is going on right now hahah

#11 10 months ago

Weird

#12 10 months ago

Weird

#13 10 months ago

Too funny. We have been hacked.

#14 10 months ago

The only one that would be cool is 666 for Iron Madien, but they did not make that many.

#15 10 months ago

I have been a big LE buyer over the years and I’ve never given the LE number any thought, it was nice to get #50 TRON LE though as the first 50 got signed playfields by Borg, that is pretty sweet, more of bonus than a deal breaker though.

#16 10 months ago
    Quoted from TiltDis:

The only one that would be cool is 666 for Iron Madien, but they did not make that many.

That
    one is most fitting!!

#17 10 months ago

It seems the lower the number the more people talk aboot how low their number is. That's umm...the only thing I've noticed

#18 10 months ago

I’d try for 420....it’s kinda my thing

#19 10 months ago

Aren’t the numbers meaningless? As in - just because it says 102 doesn’t mean it was 102 off the line. It could have been 234 off the line but 102 was the plaque they slapped on it.

#20 10 months ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Aren’t the numbers meaningless? As in - just because it says 102 doesn’t mean it was 102 off the line. It could have been 234 off the line but 102 was the plaque they slapped on it.

That's my understanding as well. Number 499 could be 2nd off the line and vice versa. Whichever one gets picked out of the box of plaques is what goes on the next one coming down the line.

#21 10 months ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

#22 10 months ago

I really don't care what number I get,as long as it's not # 13

#23 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

That's my understanding as well. Number 499 could be 2nd off the line and vice versa. Whichever one gets picked out of the box of plaques is what goes on the next one coming down the line.

Yup, just got a new Dialed In LE a month ago and it's #24 yet the game has been in production for over a year, lol.

#24 10 months ago

I would t have mind if I got #442 on my AFM but no biggie

#25 10 months ago

If someone wanted to I guess you could trade aprons on AFM but I’m sure the number is stamped somewhere else on the game

#26 10 months ago

I did ask for number 22 of the WOZ Rescue edition machines that came to Australia, as there were only 22 of them made and I like to believe that mine was the very last LE quality version of WOZ that came off the production line.

Of course, I'm almost certainly wrong.

That said, someone in the US (most likely) has number 22 of the original 1,000 WOZ LE models. Is it another Pinsider?

Couldn't have cared less which number I got for The Hobbit LE, AFMrLE or the forthcoming IMDN LE

#27 10 months ago

Nope, just happy to have an LE

#28 10 months ago

#1 is cool.
    And #2 is the first game built after #1.and so on!
    Numbers have the meaning you personally associate with them .
    I randomly recived game #360 Hobbit SE I view it as full circle.

#30 10 months ago

#’s meaninglessness to me. However, I find it odd that people don’t request the certificate if they buy it used. Not that it bring anything really just nice to have. I know JJP will reissue the certificates because I bought a Hobbit and the 2nd owner didn’t ask for it. I guess I just like having them.

#31 10 months ago

Of course they do. Single digit numbers are worth way more. That's why you have to pay extra for them. Anyone that tells you different probably has a high number.

#32 10 months ago

If they are built in sequential order then often people really want lower numbers.
    Reality is that most Sterns are built in random order and then they slap on the LE plaques.

Also get guys that are completists and like to get the same number game (Woz #44, TH #44, DI #44, etc...)

I personally dont care enough to pay extra but it can be fun to get a specific number (#7, 13, 69, 420, something meaningful to you)

#33 10 months ago

The only one it really matters with is this one, everyone wanted to have #1 yet only one does.

Brad

no1.jpg
    #34 10 months ago

#1 is worth more, otherwise # does not affect value, imho. I'd usually rather have a machine from late in the run, rather than early. Let them work out the kinks.

#35 10 months ago

You guys realize that the number is not the order they are made...#1 MIGHT be the first one off of the line, but the rest of the plaques are just thrown on randomly. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer

#36 10 months ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

You guys realize that the number is not the order they are made...#1 MIGHT be the first one off of the line, but the rest of the plaques are just thrown on randomly. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer

How do you know this?

#37 10 months ago

So I was reading all the LE meanings and numbers and why people want certain numbers. I just found out what 420 means. OK I’m a little gullible.

#38 10 months ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

How do you know this?

Let’s just say I know some people that know some people

#39 10 months ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Let’s just say I know some people that know some people

Well I’ll pass jail time is not what I have in mind...

#40 10 months ago

For me it was important to get a low number on Metallica. Other titles not so...

#41 10 months ago

I really don't understand the whole "le" market. Just not a fan of "fake rarity". That is all Supreme does... fake rarity... and I would never buy a Supreme anything. But that's just crotchety old me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 30.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside