(Topic ID: 241733)

Buying an infamous pinball! What is your loss?

By Onwallst

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Buying an infamous pinball! What is your loss?”

• Biggest loss NIB? 32 votes
      59%
    • Biggest loss trade game? 3 votes
      6%
    • Biggest loss used title? 12 votes
      22%
    • Please don’t ask, too much pain? 7 votes
      13%

(54 votes)

This poll has been closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

I've mostly only bought older, used, re-import (directly), kinds of games. Fix them up, play or sell. Since I'm a bit anal, I spend a lot on parts... backbox missing a latch? Let's put it on, even if it isn't totally needed. Coin mechs lira? Let's change them.. info cards, flipper buttons, etc. So, a bit more costly then just making them work and leaves the "profit" a bit but I am not ever really planning to buy and sell right away, flipping them (heh), but usually just to keep them and play, all the while making the game better and more profitable once I do want to sell. I probably, usually, come close to breaking even or making a small amount which then just goes to another game. My JJP POTC LE was bought used but still really close to new price, so that's probably the one I'll lose the most on. My WOZ SE was heavily routed and worn, but I got a really good price on it and I'm working on fixing it up to sell since I'm replacing it with a WOZ RR. I have to do the 2.0 light boards, $800, so that's really hurting the bottom line.

#51 4 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I’m way in on a Houdini at $4k. I think it’s a great game for a medium sized collection. Tough shots but very satisfying when you are hitting them.

That's about where I'd be as well

#88 4 years ago

Do mods really ever truly get factored in to the price? I feel like at maximum it's pennies on the dollar.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Some do. ColorDMD being a good example. Probably won't get 100% back but pretty close.

Good example. That's one I often see "not included" with the game for sale unless the buyer pays more. The ol "I'm putting the original dmd back in" posting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-an-infamous-pinball-what-is-your-loss?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.