(Topic ID: 191823)

Buying advice What you think of this Pin guys?

By Metzu

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Metzu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5775 (resized).PNG
WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.27.01 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.27.00 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.59 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.54 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.56 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.53 (resized).jpeg
index 9 (resized).jpg
index (resized).jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

every advice its great!
i dont have much a couple of pics and just a couple of videos cant go to see it myself but the price its very good,thats why i ask for advice

https://vimeo.com/222594211

https://vimeo.com/222595193

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

index 9 (resized).jpgindex 9 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Hard to much from pics but if price is 2k or less its a safe bet for a great pin.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hard to much from pics but if price is 2k or less its a safe bet for a great pin.

yeah its less than that

#4 6 years ago

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.53 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.53 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.56 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.56 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.54 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.54 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.59 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.26.59 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.27.00 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.27.00 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.27.01 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-22 at 14.27.01 (resized).jpeg

#5 6 years ago

With the playfield wear and no topper, the price should be under $1500

#6 6 years ago

those pics are with the glass on??

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

yeah its less than that

The potato quality pictures don't really tell us much ....but any Bally/Williams DMD pin for less than $2k these days is a steal. Get it!

#8 6 years ago

There's really no reason why someone can't provide non-blurry pics these days. I would ask for clearer pics but if less than $2K USD, I'd be interested.

#9 6 years ago

Get it.

Worst pictures ever.

#10 6 years ago

What are you doing still posting pictures? You should already be in the car and on the way to look at it

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There's really no reason why someone can't provide non-blurry pics these days. I would ask for clearer pics but if less than $2K USD, I'd be interested.

yeah man its 1500

Quoted from Plumonium:

Get it.
Worst pictures ever.

yeah the pics are so bad,thats the whole issue...

Quoted from ForceFlow:

What are you doing still posting pictures? You should already be in the car and on the way to look at
it

thats the thing icant see it i have to buy blindly :/

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

yeah man its 1500

yeah the pics are so bad,thats the whole issue...

thats the thing icant see it i have to buy blindly :/

I would never buy a pin that I cant see and play. Forget this game and buy one locally that you can see and play.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would never buy a pin that I cant see and play. Forget this game and buy one locally that you can see and play.

i know what you mean and its a wise advice but i dont have so manny options,no machines Available on my area :/

#14 6 years ago

What's the worst that can happen if you do buy it and it's a basket of issues? You lose a couple of hundred bucks on it? Buy it blind and stop worrying - I do it all the time and it always seems to work out. There's much bigger issues in life to worry about than $200

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

What's the worst that can happen if you do buy it and it's a basket of issues? You lose a couple of hundred bucks on it? Buy it blind and stop worrying - I do it all the time and it always seems to work out. There's much bigger issues in life to worry about than $200

well i guess...i just want to do the right thing.and get the game if i can actually play it

#16 6 years ago

I've driven 3 hours or more each way for fuzzy craigslist photos, but I still have an opportunity to refuse or bargain if I don't like what I see. I won't buy something I can't actually walk up to. Photos can always be incredibly misleading, depending on lighting, angles, and cropping.

If you can't drive there and get eyes on it, I wouldn't bother unless you're fully prepared to take on a potential basket case (in a worst case scenario). You might get lucky, you might not. It's a roll of the dice. Although, the game seems to boot at least, so that's something.

Shipping would be anywhere around the $400-$600 mark. That would pretty much negate getting a bargain. Most sellers would prefer an easy local sale, to shipping something, though.

Bottom line, if you have experience with repairing pins and can make a list of potential problems with this game and game system, then you know what you're getting yourself into. If you have no idea, this might not be the pin for you.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've driven 3 hours or more each way for fuzzy craigslist photos, but I still have an opportunity to refuse or bargain if I don't like what I see. I won't buy something I can't actually walk up to. Photos can always be incredibly misleading, depending on lighting, angles, and cropping.
If you can't drive there and get eyes on it, I wouldn't bother unless you're fully prepared to take on a potential basket case (in a worst case scenario). You might get lucky, you might not. It's a roll of the dice. Although, the game seems to boot at least, so that's something.
Shipping would be anywhere around the $400-$600 mark. That would pretty much negate getting a bargain. Most sellers would prefer an easy local sale, to shipping something, though.
Bottom line, if you have experience with repairing pins and can make a list of potential problems with this game and game system, then you know what you're getting yourself into. If you have no idea, this might not be the pin for you.

thank you ForceFlow i know what you mean about the machine booting up ill try to bargain the best price that i could so if something goes wrong ill be covered.i know what you mean about pictures,the guy dont seem to be very much into the whole pinball hobby(i dont know if that its a good or a bad thing i think its rather good...)

#18 6 years ago

hear this guys when i asked him if he could do a video on the multiball on both machines(he got a DE hook too) he asked me what a multiball was...its some kind of bonus?he said..

#19 6 years ago

... and the cabinet is faded.

In the video you can see all of these things are working: DMD, flippers, slings, sound, lamps, switches, and auto plunger.

I would take a gamble on a Fish Tales since it is a big favorite of mine, but not Hook.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

... and the cabinet is faded.
In the video you can see all of these things are working: DMD, flippers, slings, sound, lamps, switches, and auto plunger.
I would take a gamble on a Fish Tales since it is a big favorite of mine, but not Hook.

Thank you for your advice

#21 6 years ago

It plays well, sound and lights are good. Playfield looks great.

Cabinet is faded, but they all are. Left sling seems boogered, but that will be an easy enough fix.

Seller hits both flippers together 90 percent of the time, which means he never plays pinball and I wonder how he came to have two pins.

At 1500, it's a steal, go get it right now!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Playfield looks great.

Look closer at the auto cast and orange fish.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yep, that playfield has some heavy wear around the fish inserts. I would wait for something nicer.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

I would wait for something nicer.

Something nicer will be 3000-3500. If this is really 1500 it's worth it with wear and all. Dreaming of 15 years ago prices is just that.

You could shop that game and sell it for 2500.

#25 6 years ago

As many have said, just buy it. To me, the only deal breaker is water damage. Everything else can be fixed. At that price you'll have a nice players game and you should have no problem getting your money back out of it later on.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

As many have said, just buy it. To me, the only deal breaker is water damage. Everything else can be fixed. At that price you'll have a nice players game and you should have no problem getting your money back out of it later on.

wheres its the water damage?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Something nicer will be 3000-3500. If this is really 1500 it's worth it with wear and all. Dreaming of 15 years ago prices is just that.
You could shop that game and sell it for 2500.

you got a point there

Quoted from Neal_W:

i will

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

wheres its the water damage?

I wasn't saying this machine has water damage. I was just saying that in general, water damage is the only thing I'll run away from no matter the price.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

wheres its the water damage

I think he means to never buy a water damaged game. He's not say this has any water damage

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I wasn't saying this machine has water damage. I was just saying that in general, water damage is the only thing I'll run away from no matter the price.

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I think he means to never buy a water damaged game. He's not say this has any water damage

oh yeah i understand!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

cant spot what you said about the autocast

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

cant spot what you said about the autocast

It sure looks like the orange fish and autocast areas are worn down to the wood. You can probably assume other areas of the pf will be the same way.

#32 6 years ago

Above the auto cast insert is worn down to the wood.
The stringer of fish also has a lot of wear.
This along with the missing topper and condition of the cab, I would offer $1200

IMG_5775 (resized).PNGIMG_5775 (resized).PNG

#33 6 years ago

People sell beat to shit FT all the time for 2k plus. Isn't there a decal for the tackle box area as well?

#34 6 years ago

yep there is you should go get the FT!

#35 6 years ago

before its the Fish that got away!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I would offer $1200

lowball the already basement price! Classic

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

This along with the missing topper and condition of the cab, I would offer $1200

And you'd probably be promptly "outbid"

#38 6 years ago

Looks like is has a credit dot but that's not a surprise based on the condition.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

That game would part out for more than 1200. Pretty much any Bally Williams pin that is working is worth $1500 all day long, sight unseen.

If anybody is going to pick this pin apart at $1500, you'd be better off to pop and buy a really nice one for $3500-$4000. A worn PF is worn no matter how much. Faded decals are faded no matter how much. If that stuff bothers you at this price, then I'd say go buy one that is nicer for not a lot more.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

That game would part out for more than 1200. Pretty much any Bally Williams pin that is working is worth $1500 all day long, sight unseen.
If anybody is going to pick this pin apart at $1500, you'd be better off to pop and buy a really nice one for $3500-$4000. A worn PF is worn no matter how much. Faded decals are faded no matter how much. If that stuff bothers you at this price, then I'd say go buy one that is nicer for not a lot more.

those things wont bother me if its "playable"

#41 6 years ago

Can you pick it up or will you need to have it shipped ?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

those things wont bother me if its "playable"

Quoted from SUPERBEE:Can you pick it up or will you need to have it shipped ?

shipping only

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBallMagician:

Looks like is has a credit dot but that's not a surprise based on the condition.

A credit dot doesn't mean much. It can get triggered if a switch doesn't get hit in a while.

Quoted from onemoresean:

Eh, this title always has wear around the inserts.

I've seen a few different playfield decals available, so that could be an option. CPR also recently did a run of the two playfields, so if you're particularly ambitious, a playfield swap could be an option.

I'm just curious--about how far is it from you?

#44 6 years ago

I think you should give me the contact name and address and I will go and get you better pictures. From My Basement!! JK Not a bad deal at 1500 and looks like a fun players project. Good Luck but don't think to long!

#45 6 years ago

Has a bit of wear as pointed out and a faded cab but for what you have said the seller wants, i would grab it and restore it, unless you just want a player condition fish tales.

I wouldn't wait too much longer to buy it as it will probably sell quick.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

It plays well, sound and lights are good. Playfield looks great.
Cabinet is faded, but they all are. Left sling seems boogered, but that will be an easy enough fix.
Seller hits both flippers together 90 percent of the time, which means he never plays pinball and I wonder how he came to have two pins.
At 1500, it's a steal, go get it right now!

would you make an offer for both of them?or hook wont worth it?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Hook is only worth about $1500 tops in nice condition. Judging from the condition of FT, I'd assume the Hook you're looking at is badly routed and has broken ramps.

#48 6 years ago

This game would've sold in (-) 1 minute on Denver CL. I can't believe it is still available. Does this seller have an internet connection? You've confirmed this isn't a fraud?

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Never played hook, or priced one, so not sure about that it.

3 weeks later
#50 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Eh, this title always has wear around the inserts.
I've seen a few different playfield decals available, so that could be an option. CPR also recently did a run of the two playfields, so if you're particularly ambitious, a playfield swap could be an option.

Hi,What you mean about a run of the two playfields?wich two

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 169.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-advice-what-you-think-of-this-pin-guys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.