wh2o-002.JPG
Wh20Cliffy02.jpg
Wh20Cliffy01.jpg
tonydwh202.JPG
ericWH20BP_003.jpg
wh20boulder.JPG
fliper-slika-19873815.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I found a WW near my location and by looking the photos I can see it's missing a topper.
I'm going to check it out tomorrow so I would like to know what are the main components that need to be in good shape on this pin besides playfield and plastic ramps.
Also how much does a topper cost (repro or original)?

The actual ad photo is attached.

fliper-slika-19873815.jpgfliper-slika-19873815.jpg
#2 9 years ago

check the ramps and boulders for cracks/breaks - there are replacements so you can always buy those.

playfield wear buy the lost mine kickout?

make sure big foot is working.

Playfield wear on the upper playfield from where the ball is delivered from the VUK (install a Cliffy protector to prevent further wear).

#3 9 years ago

topper - can be expensive for an original replacement. Do some searching in the pinside archives - there is a replacement/repro in the works (maybe completed by now).

#4 9 years ago

Until the repro gets remade (if EVER), that topper is HTF and way expensive if that.

Apparently "planking" is an issue however I've never been able to figure out why one machine over another would succumb to this as what I've learned from my industry is it's usually humidity related.

Inserts however, as mine displayed a little, may not have been installed 100% or adhesive used may have been or become wonky - check for insert level & separation.

Shooter lane - all the force from balls going up and coming back down from soft plunges are taken out in a small area which accelerates wear.

Yup, cracked ramps, if not cracked and heavily yellowed - they are also becoming brittle.

Boulders near pops - usually get cracked from airballs - make custom (if someone hasn't produced yet) clear protectors. If cracked they can be repaired using epoxy and painted. When painting use over a light desk or light source so transparency is maintained.

Great game. Miss mine, less some of the sound fx.

-Rod

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Boulders near pops - usually get cracked from airballs - make custom (if someone hasn't produced yet) clear protectors. If cracked they can be repaired using epoxy and painted. When painting use over a light desk or light source so transparency is maintained

Cliffy boulder protectors have been available for quite some time now and I had them on my WH20 before.

wh20boulder.JPGwh20boulder.JPG

ericWH20BP_003.jpgericWH20BP_003.jpg

Check the both sides of the ramp behind the lite lock green stand up targets. If the ramp is busted there you can get Mantis protectors as shown installed on the left side to cover and protect any further damage.

tonydwh202.JPGtonydwh202.JPG

Check the upper playfield where the VUK is as it could be worn down to wood or developed a divot like this and will cause ball hang ups. Cliffy has a protector for this that will cover and address ball hang ups as well.

Wh20Cliffy01.jpgWh20Cliffy01.jpg

Wh20Cliffy02.jpgWh20Cliffy02.jpg

Look directly in front of the Lost Mine kick out for playfield wear and Little Shop of game sells a decal which lines up with the existing playfield artwork.

wh2o-002.JPGwh2o-002.JPG

#6 9 years ago

MWong168 - This is absolutely fantastic! Your pics are a tremendous help to this Noob!

Thank you,

-Brian

#7 9 years ago

Nice pics mwong very detailed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-advice-what-to-check-when-buying-white-water and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.