• 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STLE Playfield.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Both are fun games. Hard to decide. I like them both.

#52 10 years ago

The masses have spoken; both great games, but the people love speed and not slow

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like that Jack selling regular pins wholesale when hundreds are still waiting for their pre orders.

The machines purchased through Frontgate will not ship before 4/14/14.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like that Jack selling regular pins wholesale when hundreds are still waiting for their pre orders.

That's not us. That may be a distrib but it's certainly not JJP or Pinball Sales. However that IS a good deal so someone should snag it

Also check the ship date on it

*EDIT* After checking into it, this isn't an authorized distrib selling the game. Don't purchase via this medium

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's not us. That may be a distrib but it's certainly not JJP or Pinball Sales. However that IS a good deal so someone should snag it
Also check the ship date on it

I think it is what most new feature laden machines should be selling for.

An asking price of no more than $5,995 is appropriate for STLE.

#56 10 years ago

How did you get free shipping on frontgate. I get the 25% off but not free ship.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

How did you get free shipping on frontgate. I get the 25% off but not free ship.

You will need to sign up for a Frontgate email subscription.

#58 10 years ago

Frontgate... I just put one in my cart - $ 1,020 shipping cost... Secondly, they are not an authorized distributor so you get NO WARRANTY. Just like if you buy from BenePinball, Great Neck Games, or any other of the places 're-selling' games and fronting themselves as distributors when they are not, here or online. BUYERS BEWARE.... Not just JJP games - probably goes for Stern too... Trust me you're not getting a WOZ for 6,300 - WAY below my cost - Keep dreamin'...if you can I'll take 10... LOL

#59 10 years ago

Having now played both - ST prem (LE).
Woz is super cool to look at ST is a great game to play.

If you have a larger collection that already include fast great sounding game, then maybe a woz is in order for you.
If you want something fast - fun - great sounding right out of the box ST.

The Woz at the auction had been on route a while and needed a good -clean- wax and flipper rebuild or something.
The left side flipper rarely made the rt upper ramp shop. Ball very slow in the pops.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Frontgate... I just put one in my cart - $ 1,020 shipping cost... Secondly, they are not an authorized distributor so you get NO WARRANTY. Just like if you buy from BenePinball, Great Neck Games, or any other of the places 're-selling' games and fronting themselves as distributors when they are not, here or online. BUYERS BEWARE.... Not just JJP games - probably goes for Stern too... Trust me you're not getting a WOZ for 6,300 - WAY below my cost - Keep dreamin'...if you can I'll take 10... LOL

As Joe said, only buy from an AUTHORIZED distrib!

#61 10 years ago

Anyone played 100+ games on both? Most of the answers here are from people who've played them both 10 times. Metallica was good the first 20 times; and got real old at 100. AC/DC, was no fun the first 20 times, and got amazing at 100 games.

Maybe it's the old code, but Star Trek is pretty similar to Metallica for me. I liked it for 20 games or so, and then it just got boring.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The masses have spoken; both great games, but the people love speed and not slow

Keep thinking that! You sell Star Trek machines on here and bash / question everything on WOZ whenever you can.

#63 10 years ago

I don't agree with the comments " you can't go wrong with either"

It's a nice sentiment, but these are very different games.

I know you said you don't have a WOZ or ST near you, but I think it'd be worth even a modest road trip before committing to a machine.

Most people that seem to LOVE WOZ have had their money tied up for years waiting for one to arrive.... Not super objective IMO. When I've talked to people that just walk up and play one (with no huge investment/ baggage involved), the attitude is way more muted....

I've played both and would but ST long b4 WOZ. I'd probably go ST Pro + a classic game and still come in under WOZ budget.... but who cares what I (or anyone here thinks)- it's YOUR purchase.

Find a way to play b4 you buy..... Especially if you start leaning WOZ.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I don't agree with the comments " you can't go wrong with either"
It's a nice sentiment, but these are very different games.
I know you said you don't have a WOZ or ST near you, but I think it'd be worth even a modest road trip before committing to a machine.
Most people that seem to LOVE WOZ have had their money tied up for years waiting for one to arrive.... Not super objective IMO. When I've talked to people that just walk up and play one (with no huge investment/ baggage involved), the attitude is way more muted....
I've played both and would but ST long b4 WOZ. I'd probably go ST Pro + a classic game and still come in under WOZ budget.... but who cares what I (or anyone here thinks)- it's YOUR purchase.
Find a way to play b4 you buy..... Especially if you start leaning WOZ.

P.S. Read this person's post history on the topic

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

P.S. Read this person's post history on the topic

Or play detective on everyones opinion OR...exclude the opinion of JJP employees..or or or...

OR- follow my primary advice:

Play before you buy.

I know thats unpopular for those pushing the agenda for a manufacturer who needs to stay alive with the cash flow by selling games before they are fully designed, much less built, but there it is.

No ones opinion really matters but the buyers.

#66 10 years ago

Quoted from Pinchroma:P.S. Read this person's post history on the topic

He's reappeared.......

#67 10 years ago

I have never player ST but 'seen pictures. 'Just curious what does the Enterprise model do?

#68 10 years ago

Anybody have more detail on the Frontgate 25% OFF deal? I'll pick up a Standard at that price.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Anybody have more detail on the Frontgate 25% OFF deal? I'll pick up a Standard at that price.

Don't buy. Not from an authorized distrib. No warranty and doesn't ship for 5 months at least.

#70 10 years ago

I will probably end up with both as I like machines that are different. My moods change and so does what i like to shoot! To anyone that has played only a few dozen games on woz I really encourage you to wait till you start to play 1.23. If this keeps getting deeper and you are in for an amazing ride. If you just want fast and furious flow then STLE or pro out of the box is a great choice. Im no help!

#71 10 years ago

sorry meant 1.24 code on woz

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Don't buy. doesn't ship for 5 months at least.

YIKES!!!

Who would EVER wait that long for a pinball machine to be delivered.....

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

WOZ standard is 6,371.25 at Frontgate. However, after adding the shipping charge to my address in NJ, the total rises to 7,390.65.

Yea, what's the deal with 20% off and free shipping, only to add $1100 shipping when I try to check out?

Robert

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

From their site...

Free shipping valid on standard ground shipping charges within the contiguous U.S. on orders placed through midnight Eastern Time on 12/19/2013. Excludes truck, in-home, oversized, and expedited handling charges. This offer is not valid with other promotional offers,

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Don't buy. Not from an authorized distrib. No warranty and doesn't ship for 5 months at least.

Yea, but is a warranty worth $1.6k?

With any HUO game there is no warranty, damn, the thing is brand new what is going to go wrong?

Robert

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:

Hmmm. What kind of shoes does a witch wear while fucking?

Pumps !

#77 10 years ago

Actually I was in the same position, played both and very glad I purchased the STLE.

STLE Playfield.jpgSTLE Playfield.jpg
#78 10 years ago

Well i didnt go for st pro or woz std. I got a WOZ LE incoming (Huo)

However, i will buy a startrek Got money to get a Pro since i sold a game to day, but i might wait and and save a few more bucks for the Premium ... not sure if its worth it however So my next choice has to be Premium or Pro !

Thanks for all advice. In the end i did let my kids decid and they did scream "We think the witch is cool"... so
Buying a ST for my self anyway so...!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 91.00
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-advice-star-trek-pre-vs-woz-std/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.