Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jodester
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello, i have a chance to buy one of these 3, they are all the same price, and are all in the same conditon (ok but need some work)

Godzila
Starship troopers
Jurassic park lost world

Never played any of them, and regarding the theme, none of the 3 really speaks to me, well maybe godzilla is the cooler one but seems to have a very simple layout, starship troopers looks like the better game, kind of a poor`s man AFM ?

What are your toughts on these machines, and if i buy and decide later to sell, which is the most desireble to other people?

Thank you

#2 4 years ago

ST is probably the best of the 3. It's got some neat toys and the flow is really good. Sound can be grating.

#3 4 years ago

Godzilla is the more rare/higher value do to rarity.
SST is most fun to me but JPLW is ok too.

#4 4 years ago

Godzilla is a fairly simple game > it's all about the Multiball Features. The big challenge is to Stack ALL the Multiball Modes BEFORE launching Multiball! That is the fun part. Godzilla is a very fun game, not complex, but then again a pin does Not need to be "complex" to be Fun. Simplicity in game rules is what the heyday of pinball was all about, I mean, without the simple games of the past we would never be where we are today in pinball. Godzilla has good sound, good graphics ( although I hate the slingshot plastics ), and some really fun call-outs ( get your name on the scoreboard > " You Kicked Godzilla's Ass! " ).....I will never sell mine, and it sits right next to my Lost in Space ( which is also a very fun game ).....

You Kicked Godzilla's Ass!

#5 4 years ago

Gozdilla and/or SST - and do not even consider JPLW.

SST is on my wish list. Fun title.
Watch for the brain bug coming up and down correctly. Common issue.

Godzilla running 100% correct is the most valuable and has some terrific uniqueness to it.

Like all things pinball, depends on which machine needs which type of work.

#6 4 years ago

1/2 - Godzilla/SST.....could go either way, both are fun....
3. (But really a "pass") JPLW

#7 4 years ago

Godzilla is probably the mostly highly-regarded; it's considered a good tournament game. The main objective is to stack as many multiballs as possible. I think it's a GOOD game, but not terribly FUN.

Starship Troopers is just plain FUN. Of those three, it's almost certainly the one I would take. I don't have the scoring completely figured out, but I've been told it's reasonably balanced. Very good game, probably my favorite Sega/DE.

Jurassic Park Last World I've only played on one occasion. I got probably 5 games on it, and had precisely no fun in the process. IMHO, it plays like raw, hairy, sweaty ass. Probably one of the couple worst Sega/DE titles.

#8 4 years ago

I have until monday to decide, i only have space for one, but knowing how i am...i'm thinking of a bundle deal for godzilla and s.troopers

#9 4 years ago

I own all three machines and there all great but I suggest you get godzilla because it's the hardest one to find.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I own all three machines and there all great but I suggest you get godzilla because it's the hardest one to find.

110% correct.
Try like hell to make a move on a 2 pin discount--and snag both Godzilla and SST.
If it's only 1 for you-no matter what, go with the Japanese beast.

#11 4 years ago

of these 3 Godzilla is the best player, and more uncommon. what is the price? don't be paying to much.

#12 4 years ago

In terms of fun factor SST is the best. Godzilla is cool too....for me Id go with SST first if it was only one. I'd personally grab both in a package deal. JPLW is absolutely a step below the other two....I didn't find that enjoyable when I played it years ago.

Gluck

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

of these 3 Godzilla is the best player, and more uncommon. what is the price? don't be paying to much.

The prices in europe are very different i think, but anyway i would be paying about 850 usd each, they all need at least 400 each to be 100%

In perspective, i can get for example a white water for 2.000 usd in very very good conditon, so the deal is not so great

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from T3mpest:

The prices in europe are very different i think, but anyway i would be paying about 850 usd each, they all need at least 400 each to be 100%
In perspective, i can get for example a White Water for 2.000 usd in very very good conditon, so the deal is not so great

I'd buy JPLW also for that little.

Nice find!

#15 4 years ago

At that price, I would take all 3

Godzilla first due to value
SST next for gameplay
JP the lost worl because another will come along in that price range

#16 4 years ago

Starship it's a easy to understand but hard to master pin. Loved the one I owned

#17 4 years ago

I have not played JP and only a little time on Godzilla. I know I like SST. But GZ is hard to find and wasn't a bad player from what I remember.

#18 4 years ago

Another vote for SST. It's a fun game and has tons of toys. Godzilla is the best tourney game of the 3 and can be tough...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mountlake Terrace, WA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside